List Mgmt. Remaining List Changes?

Who is still to be delisted prior to final list lodgement?

• Lambert

Votes: 41 22.5%
  • A Moore

Votes: 140 76.9%
  • Batchelor

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Butler

Votes: 99 54.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • Townsend

Votes: 45 24.7%
  • Yarren

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

DustinsGuns

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
So far we have lost from our senior list;
Traded/FA: Deledio, Vickery
Delisted/retired: McBean, McKenzie, Chaplin
*plus Marcon who was a rookie

We have added Prestia, Nankversis and Caddy. This leaves 2 senior list spots up for grabs which makes me think we still have another couple of players to move along especially if we are looking to promote Short/Castagne.

The following are our remaining uncontracted players for 2017:
Lambert - Too good for VFL but struggles to impact at AFL.
A Moore - Solid contested player but has no outside pace. The acquisitions of Prestia and Caddy see him drop lower down the ranks. Had some okay AFL form toward the end of the year.
Batchelor - will probably stay given our lack of tall defenders and dimma's philosophy that he can play taller than he is.
Butler - 2 years on the list and has been okay at times at VFL but couldn't crack a very original 2016 AFL team

The other players who we might look at moving along despite contracts may be:
Morris - was back to his best before injury but is there really a place for him near our best 22?
Townsend - Andrew Moore clone but not as good at VFL level. Still young-ish.
Yarren - no idea where he is at but the common belief is he won't ever play again.

Who do you think won't be on our list in 2017?
(Can select up to 3 players in the poll)

That only leaves us with two picks. I thought you had to draft a minimum of 3 new players every year (either via nd or psd)?

You do, but these days one rookie promotion counts as a new player. We'll upgrade Short and go to the draft with 27 & 56 (or whatever they are/turn out to be)

Morris, Yarran and Townsend all contracted, so won't be going anywhere.

OUT:
Chaplin, McKenzie, McBean, Marcon(rookie), Vickery and Lids
IN Prestia, Nankervis, Caddy
Re-sign: Bachelor, Castagna (rookie) C Moore (rookie), Chol (rookie), Soldo(Cat B rookie)
Elevate Short
Delist: Lambert, Butler and A Moore

Leaves 6 free spots on our list:
3-5 Primary list spots available
1-3 Cat A Rookie spots available
2 Cat B Rookie Spots available
Not sure how the salary cap is, so may not be in a position to make a play for a DFAs.
Would expect to use 27, 56 and 82 in the NAB Draft
3 picks in the rookie draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I understand you can still delist players who are contacted (you just have to pay out their contract). So in the case of Townsend (who can't be earning too much) or Morris (who may have had a front ended contract) it's still possible they maybe delisted.

Worried about our tall defender stocks , so I wouldn't be against getting M.Brown as a delisted free agent. But given Morris & Townsend contracted it looks like Moore & Butler & perhaps Lambert

Worried about our tall defender stocks , so I wouldn't be against getting M.Brown as a delisted free agent. But given Morris & Townsend contracted it looks like Moore & Butler & perhaps Lambert
Spot on, our key position stocks are deplorable outside Jack and Rance.
Griffiths is what, approaching his eighth season, and still only showing glimpses. Astbury ordinary. And then there's Elton, Moore and Chol who showed they were miles off the pace last season and one of those is approaching his sixth year. Jack and Rance better not get hurt!

We have 39 on our list
Moore, Butler, Lambert and Batchelor will all be looking over their shoulder.

Does a rookie upgrade count as one of your three draft picks? I thought it did

Spot on, our key position stocks are deplorable outside Jack and Rance.
Griffiths is what, approaching his eighth season, and still only showing glimpses. Astbury ordinary. And then there's Elton, Moore and Chol who showed they were miles off the pace last season and one of those is approaching his sixth year. Jack and Rance better not get hurt!

Yep exactly. Even perhaps Richards from the Swans as well could be an option . But not sure how our cap is now & how many players we need to delist to be able to bring Brown Richards etc & then go to the draft as well

We have 39 on our list
Moore, Butler, Lambert and Batchelor will all be looking over their shoulder.

Does a rookie upgrade count as one of your three draft picks? I thought it did

One rookie upgrade definitely does, but I think I read somewhere that any subsequent upgrades don't.

For me, the last spot on the main list comes down to one of three options: Lambert v Pick 82 v the Rookie we pick if Castagna upgraded
I'd keep Lambert.

Butler is toast. Don't think Townsend is at is used by date yet so IMO safe. Moore or Lambert probably Moore to join Butler. Having said that would not surprise me if they cut our losses and draw a line through Yarrans name. He is either on the come back or still battling. If battling just cut him from the list and support him off it. No use stuffing around keeping up appearances

Last edited:
Butler is toast. Don't think Townsend is at is used by date yet so IMO safe. Moore or Lambert probably Moore to join Butler. Having said that would not surprise me if they cur our losses and draw a line through Yarrans name. He is either on the cone back or still battling. If battling just cut him from the list and support him off it. No use stuffing around keeping up appearances
I loled.

Back