List Mgmt. Remaining List Changes?

Who is still to be delisted prior to final list lodgement?

• Lambert

Votes: 41 22.5%
  • A Moore

Votes: 140 76.9%
  • Batchelor

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Butler

Votes: 99 54.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • Townsend

Votes: 45 24.7%
  • Yarren

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he would be great even just for depth as he can play half back, wing and on ball. Dees fast tracked others ahead of him. Came in for 1 or 2 games due to injury this season and i remember he killed it and was shocked when he got dropped again.

He is prob better than Morris & few others etc but I would now prefer to be adding depth where we need it & that is key position !
Morris wont get a game next year and will be delisted after next year his contract is up, I cant see Grimes in our best 25 but happy to take him in the vfl

Maric - Keep - Glad he got at least one more year. I think we should always keep at least 3 ready made ruckman on the list + 2 developing. Still need to pick up more.
Morris - Delist if not contracted - 28yo at Rd1. Handy but never going to be a real star. We need to add more 18yo / 19yo to develop.
Hunt - ? - Similar to Morris, but actually had a reasonable year.
Moore - Delist - Would probably only play VFL most of the year. Similar to Morris & Hunt, but out of contract, so I would delist.
Batchelor - Keep - Only one bad year, very good before that.
Butler - Delist - Too long without any games, unlikely to be a star.
Lambert - Keep. Better than Rioli as a small forward & also rotates mid.

Morris wont get a game next year and will be delisted after next year his contract is up, I cant see Grimes in our best 25 but happy to take him in the vfl

Similar on Grimes, good at lock down, but unless he can add more attack to his game, I think he will be under pressure next year.

Maric - Keep - Glad he got at least one more year. I think we should always keep at least 3 ready made ruckman on the list + 2 developing. Still need to pick up more.
Morris - Delist if not contracted - 28yo at Rd1. Handy but never going to be a real star. We need to add more 18yo / 19yo to develop.
Hunt - ? - Similar to Morris, but actually had a reasonable year.
Moore - Delist - Would probably only play VFL most of the year. Similar to Morris & Hunt, but out of contract, so I would delist.
Batchelor - Keep - Only one bad year, very good before that.
Butler - Delist - Too long without any games, unlikely to be a star.
Lambert - Keep. Better than Rioli as a small forward & also rotates mid.

What? Rioli averaged more goals a game, same goal assists per game this year and is 5 years younger.... He is better, more dangerous and has the potential to be improve a lot more compared to Lambert.

Also not sure about rating Batch as very good before 2016. Serviceable is the word I would use.

What? Rioli averaged more goals a game, same goal assists per game this year and is 5 years younger.... He is better, more dangerous and has the potential to be improve a lot more compared to Lambert.

Also not sure about rating Batch as very good before 2016. Serviceable is the word I would use.

upload_2016-10-21_19-55-0.png

Rioli kicked straighter. Lambert had more shots on goal.
Lambert impacts the game a lot more overall than Rioli and is able to hold is in the midfield also.

No contest really. Lambert is much more flexible.
They have both played not many games. Potential is the same for each.
Except one has had to work harder than the other. And I would prefer that person in my team, until the other proves himself at the next level down.

View attachment 303556

Rioli kicked straighter. Lambert had more shots on goal.
Lambert impacts the game a lot more overall than Rioli and is able to hold is in the midfield also.

No contest really. Lambert is much more flexible.
They have both played not many games. Potential is the same for each.
Except one has had to work harder than the other. And I would prefer that person in my team.

You said Lambert was a better small forward. He isn't. Small forwards that can't kick straight.... no thanks.

Ask 17 other clubs who they would prefer out of Rioli and Lambert..... no question it's Rioli 17 times, no question at all.

He was probably in career best form when he got injured....

BEFORE he got injured

I said DEPENDING ON HOW HIS BODY IS REHABBING. What part of that says he will quite if hes fit and in career best form??

You said Lambert was a better small forward. He isn't. Small forwards that can't kick straight.... no thanks.

Ask 17 other clubs who they would prefer out of Rioli and Lambert..... no question it's Rioli 17 times, no question at all.
Nafan would probably pick Lambert.

I don't think it should be Lambert vs Rioli it should be Lambert vs Butler as to who to keep. I'd also rather Batch on the list over Broad but unfortunately for Batch Broad is still contracted next year.

He probably would not have got a game early in the season for most clubs. He has a good name, got picked earlier than expected, but isn't good enough yet.

BEFORE he got injured

I said DEPENDING ON HOW HIS BODY IS REHABBING. What part of that says he will quite if hes fit and in career best form??

You could say that about anyone's injury.... Lids might retire if his rehab doesn't go well....

Hell if my broken leg never heals, I'll never play again.... what a nothing statement.

Don't play the bad cop, you were better the way you were. Seriously. The foamers have got to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He probably would not have got a game early in the season for most clubs. He has a good name, got picked earlier than expected, but isn't good enough yet.

Is already far more dangerous than Lambert. The reason he has got to that level is because he got more game time than he was ready for early as you said. He is also weighing about 65kgs and is raw as anything. He'll be so far past Lambert by the end of 2017, halfway through 2018, people will laugh that this conversation every occurred. Totally different players. For RFC to improve, Rioli needs to be playing more than Lambert...

Is already far more dangerous than Lambert. The reason he has got to that level is because he got more game time than he was ready for early as you said. He is also weighing about 65kgs and is raw as anything. He'll be so far past Lambert by the end of 2017, halfway through 2018, people will laugh that this conversation every occurred. Totally different players. For RFC to improve, Rioli needs to be playing more than Lambert...
This is a no brainer just like Nakkers over Hampson.

Similar on Grimes, good at lock down, but unless he can add more attack to his game, I think he will be under pressure next year.

I'm assuming you're talking about Jack but it is written like you are talking about Dylan.

Funny thing is Jack was drafted in the first round and would be lucky to get a game at any club while his brother who was overlooked in the draft would be unlucky not to get a game at every club.

What I meant by not playing early was that the good sides don't pick players on potential, they pick them on form.
When sides are out of contention then they play kids.
Picking players on potential rather than form is one of our biggest problems as we continually do it.
It doesn't happen at the better sides.
It certainly would not happen at Swans, Hawks, Cats. As a result players would know that they have to play well to get a spot and keep it.

Lambert was one of our best players early this year until he went to hospital with ribs.
Rioli was one of our worst players except a couple of games. Apart from an extra 9 goals, his stats mirror Morris's when he was playing that role.
So I am not sure why anyone would think he is more damaging than Lambert.

Playing players on potential not form is just gifting games, wishful thinking and does not set standards which you want cubs to achieve.
If the cubs are good enough in the 2's, they will replace someone in the 1's.
Barring injury, we only need 2 players each and every year to replace 2 others in the 1's and cement a spot to become a very good side.

Re our future conversion, I expect Lambert to start next year how he started last year & Rioli like wise.

Last edited:
He is a limited footballer and we have enough of them, Where can you see him playing and who does he remove out of our best 22 ?

He is a known quality thats just on the cusp of afl but not going to take us the next level

Better than grigg. Morris. Less soft than houli

You could say that about anyone's injury.... Lids might retire if his rehab doesn't go well....

Hell if my broken leg never heals, I'll never play again.... what a nothing statement.

Don't play the bad cop, you were better the way you were. Seriously. The foamers have got to you.

What the *?!?!?

This is nothing about being "bad cop". Ive always posted exactly what i think whether its popular or not, and its no different on this. And fwiw im actually personally insulted you think im saying this for a ******* laugh

Morris is getting older, injured more often, and plays a human cannon ball style if footy. History shows these guys dont last long in the game, because they bodies start struggling to cope with the constant pain and day to day wear and tear.

Hes had a year off effectively with minimumal training because of his injury, and its gunna take a lit for him to get back to afl conditioning (and it would for any player off an year out). I wont be shocked if he starts getting a lot of minor issues as his training mounts up, and it reaches a tipping point.

Thats where my opinion is coming from, not some bullshit bad cop routine as you have accused me.

Morris is getting older, injured more often, and plays a human cannon ball style if footy. History shows these guys dont last long in the game, because they bodies start struggling to cope with the constant pain and day to day wear and tear.

Hes had a year off effectively with minimumal training because of his injury, and its gunna take a lit for him to get back to afl conditioning (and it would for any player off an year out). I wont be shocked if he starts getting a lot of minor issues as his training mounts up, and it reaches a tipping point.
I agree. I would delist him, even though he's still got a year to go. He'll only get worse and we can draft another kid instead. Or get Barlow, who is the same age, but considerably better.

What the ****?!?!?

This is nothing about being "bad cop". Ive always posted exactly what i think whether its popular or not, and its no different on this. And fwiw im actually personally insulted you think im saying this for a ******* laugh

Thats where my opinion is coming from, not some bullshit bad cop routine as you have accused me.

So he should just take one for the team and retire from a career he has worked so hard to achieve?

Almost as bad an opinion as "should Dan Richardson be sacked immediately" :$

Back