List Mgmt. Remaining List Changes?

Who is still to be delisted prior to final list lodgement?

• Lambert

Votes: 41 22.5%
  • A Moore

Votes: 140 76.9%
  • Batchelor

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Butler

Votes: 99 54.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • Townsend

Votes: 45 24.7%
  • Yarren

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So he should just take one for the team and retire from a career he has worked so hard to achieve?

Almost as bad an opinion as "should Dan Richardson be sacked immediately" :$

Not about "one for the team" or i would have said delist him

I said i wouldnt be surprised if he hung them up. Some blokes are not in it for the coin, but the challenge of competing against the best week in week out. Players have resigned early when the injury toll has become too high. Players have resigned early because its clear their future is in the vfl and not the afl

If morris doesnt see a future in the afl, or his not seeing a clear run THEN i think he may walk away.

Nice way to take what i said completely out of context though...

Batchelor has to go, too slow and one sided. If we are going to play a more attacking game style just can't see him fitting in. Markov, McIntosh, Menadue etc much better options.
Not sure of contract status's but - Broad, Morris, Moore, Townsend, Hunt and Lambert aren't up to it imo and need to be replaced.

What I meant by not playing early was that the good sides don't pick players on potential, they pick them on form.
When sides are out of contention then they play kids.
Picking players on potential rather than form is one of our biggest problems as we continually do it.
It doesn't happen at the better sides.
It certainly would not happen at Swans, Hawks, Cats. As a result players would know that they have to play well to get a spot and keep it.

Lambert was one of our best players early this year until he went to hospital with ribs.
Rioli was one of our worst players except a couple of games. Apart from an extra 9 goals, his stats mirror Morris's when he was playing that role.
So I am not sure why anyone would think he is more damaging than Lambert.

Playing players on potential not form is just gifting games, wishful thinking and does not set standards which you want cubs to achieve.
If the cubs are good enough in the 2's, they will replace someone in the 1's.
Barring injury, we only need 2 players each and every year to replace 2 others in the 1's and cement a spot to become a very good side.

Re our future conversion, I expect Lambert to start next year how he started last year & Rioli like wise.

You are right about exposed form, but Rioli could develop into Cyril whereas Lambert's peak has been reached.
I'd keep Lambert though, good, hard bodied competitor on the fringe of best 25

You are right about exposed form, but Rioli could develop into Cyril whereas Lambert's peak has been reached.

Lol

Tell me more about the peaks of

Houli
Grigg
Morris
Bachelor
Conca
Yarren

Lambert 24, same age as caddy and Prestia. Given he was a Vfl player for so long he might improve with more afl preseason

Not the best player in the world. Yet good enough to be on our list for now

It's been awhile since I looked at the playing list on the clubs website. Ivan Soldo is the only player on the Rookies list.
Everyone else has shifted to the senior player list.

Has this always been the case?

I hope Rioli does become a Cyril. But I think he is more in the Brad Hill Style, where he can use his biggest asset.

I could be wrong about Lambert but the guy has been in only 2 years.
Before his injury in round 5 2016, he was averaging 20+ disp & 1.25 goals, 4 tackles, stats wise one of our best 8 players.
When he did come back, he didn't get to that level again, but was no orphan in that regard.
But he did get back to 35, 37 disp in the VFL. I don't think the others out of contract are anywhere near that level.

Lol

Tell me more about the peaks of

Houli
Grigg
Morris
Bachelor
Conca
Yarren

Lambert 24, same age as caddy and Prestia. Given he was a Vfl player for so long he might improve with more afl preseason

Not the best player in the world. Yet good enough to be on our list for now

What's the lol for?

Ok I'll play, Houli has peaked, so has Grigg, Morris and Yarran. Batchelor hopefully can improve but I don't see much and Conca will drastically improve if he plays a full season.

It was a comparison between Rioli and Lambert though, no one else. Lambert won't get quicker, taller, stronger or more skilful than he is right now. Might get a little footy smarter, but wouldn't call him dumb. But as I said, keep him.

Better than grigg. Morris. Less soft than houli
Sorry but cant agree, Grigg gets his detractors here but he is a good footballer and until we actually get a quality upgrade on him he remains best 22

Houli is better than Jack grimes by the length of the flemington straight

What I meant by not playing early was that the good sides don't pick players on potential, they pick them on form.
When sides are out of contention then they play kids.
Picking players on potential rather than form is one of our biggest problems as we continually do it.
It doesn't happen at the better sides.
It certainly would not happen at Swans, Hawks, Cats. As a result players would know that they have to play well to get a spot and keep it.

Lambert was one of our best players early this year until he went to hospital with ribs.
Rioli was one of our worst players except a couple of games. Apart from an extra 9 goals, his stats mirror Morris's when he was playing that role.
So I am not sure why anyone would think he is more damaging than Lambert.

Playing players on potential not form is just gifting games, wishful thinking and does not set standards which you want cubs to achieve.
If the cubs are good enough in the 2's, they will replace someone in the 1's.
Barring injury, we only need 2 players each and every year to replace 2 others in the 1's and cement a spot to become a very good side.

Re our future conversion, I expect Lambert to start next year how he started last year & Rioli like wise.

Can't agree with your comments re Rioli.... although he was a lot better in the second half of the season... as you might expect as he got more confident at the level and became used to playing against men. Something Lambert has done for 5 more years and an extra year at AFL level. Opposition players don't really worry about Lambert but when the ball is loose they worry about Rioli as they do when they get the ball themselves.
Lambert was good in round 1.

In terms of giving games on form rather than potential, I generally agree. However there can be times when you opt for development. Matt Thomas may give you a better contest than say C.Ellis in a particular match but under no circumstances should he be played ahead of him....

What the ****?!?!?

This is nothing about being "bad cop". Ive always posted exactly what i think whether its popular or not, and its no different on this. And fwiw im actually personally insulted you think im saying this for a ******* laugh

Morris is getting older, injured more often, and plays a human cannon ball style if footy. History shows these guys dont last long in the game, because they bodies start struggling to cope with the constant pain and day to day wear and tear.

Hes had a year off effectively with minimumal training because of his injury, and its gunna take a lit for him to get back to afl conditioning (and it would for any player off an year out). I wont be shocked if he starts getting a lot of minor issues as his training mounts up, and it reaches a tipping point.

Thats where my opinion is coming from, not some bullshit bad cop routine as you have accused me.

You misconstrued my use of 'bad cop' if you think I thought you were doing it for a laugh as you say.

Anyone coming back from an injury is at risk and it will take time for his conditioning to return. Injured more often though? ACL are freak injuries not soft tissue injuries. At some stage all players slow down but in Morris' case perhaps a year off contact might help freshen him up. His fitness will be ok as he would have been working on it in the days after his reco. The match conditioning will take time though as you suggested.

Mind you, he is what...27? Hardly the end of the road time. I'd kill to be 27 again.... In terms of soft tissue, I'd be far more concerned about Lids than Morris. Regardless, Morris should be depth at best (if he was fit)....

You misconstrued my use of 'bad cop' if you think I thought you were doing it for a laugh as you say.

Anyone coming back from an injury is at risk and it will take time for his conditioning to return. Injured more often though? ACL are freak injuries not soft tissue injuries. At some stage all players slow down but in Morris' case perhaps a year off contact might help freshen him up. His fitness will be ok as he would have been working on it in the days after his reco. The match conditioning will take time though as you suggested.

Mind you, he is what...27? Hardly the end of the road time. I'd kill to be 27 again.... In terms of soft tissue, I'd be far more concerned about Lids than Morris. Regardless, Morris should be depth at best (if he was fit)....

Bad cop means you are being fake and negative just to get an response. Thats why your accusations pissed me off

As i said, its what i believe, not some fake s**t which you suggested

Bad cop means you are being fake and negative just to get an response. Thats why your accusations pissed me off

As i said, its what i believe, not some fake s**t which you suggested

That's not what bad cop means to me... but if that is what it means to you, then I understand your reaction. I didn't mean it that way at all. I never said fake.... that is just your interpretation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not what bad cop means to me... but if that is what it means to you, then I understand your reaction. I didn't mean it that way at all. I never said fake.... that is just your interpretation.

what do you think good cop bad cop means? one cop acts nice, the other one deliberately acts like a prick, with the aim to get a desired reaction from the suspect. saying im playing bad cop means im deliberately being negative or a prick - even if i dont believe it - just for a reaction. of course it means being fake because its an act

Hard to take serious if you can't even spell a players name properly in the poll or even research the players in the poll as to the current contract expiry.

And no Yarran won't be delisted anytime soon as he is contracted for two more years on good dollars. You don't just dump contracted players battling illness, you provide support &/or leave to the player.

Butler & Moore to go if not already gone. Townsend and Morris are contracted for 2017. Lambert won't be going anywhere as he seems to be a coach fav and to be honest he fills a role. If players like Lennon, Menadue, Short, Castagna, C Ellis improve then Lambert will play fewer games.

lamberto>townsend IMO
True but Towno is contracted next year and unlikely to pay him out. Lock in Butler and A Moore as delistings. Will leave 5 spots available then

Option A
Delist Lambert / elevate Short and go with 3 picks in the NAB and 3 rookie picks (38 senior players / 6 rookies + Soldo)
Option B
Delist Lambert / elevate Short and bring in a DFA, then bring 3 picks to the draft and 2 rookie picks (39 senior players / 5 rookies + Soldo)
Option C
Delist and Rookie Lambert / elevate Short and take 3 picks in the NAB draft and 2 in the Rookie Draft (38 senior players / 6 rookies + Soldo).
Option D
Delist and Rookie Lambert / elevate Short and get a DFA and then take 3 picks in the NAB and one in the rookie draft (39 senior players/ 5 rookies)

Given the depth of the draft I reckon Lambo could be delisted. Option A or B (for the right DFA)

Hard to take serious if you can't even spell a players name properly in the poll or even research the players in the poll as to the current contract expiry.

And no Yarran won't be delisted anytime soon as he is contracted for two more years on good dollars. You don't just dump contracted players battling illness, you provide support &/or leave to the player.

Butler & Moore to go if not already gone. Townsend and Morris are contracted for 2017. Lambert won't be going anywhere as he seems to be a coach fav and to be honest he fills a role. If players like Lennon, Menadue, Short, Castagna, C Ellis improve then Lambert will play fewer games.
Imo Castagna wont make, his kicking is just not afl standard.

So far ins Caddy Prestia both inside mids get Barlow as well and it allows us to cut three inside duds Moore, Lambert, Townsend.

Back