Banter Remember to use the code "CATS" to ensure you get Prelim tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finals played between Cats/Richmond in the AFL era is 1-1. You brained us in 1995 and we smacked you guys in 2017.
2017 was a QF final. Cats are 1-0 when it matters AKA knock out finals. Bout to go 2-0

Lol, nice deflection. 8-2 Scatman.
More irrelevant 1920's talk. What is it with you tuggers and the ancient past? Sure, you had 37 years of absoloute garbage football. You had a lucky year in 2017 and now you're 2 years into your next 37 year plan.

I suppose the heavy interest in pre-war pennants is validated for you lot then.

TigerTime17

All Australian
Sep 25, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
More irrelevant 1920's talk. What is it with you tuggers and the ancient past? Sure, you had 37 years of absoloute garbage football. You had a lucky year in 2017 and now you're 2 years into your next 37 year plan.

I suppose the heavy interest in pre-war pennants is validated for you lot then.

37 years of 'garbage' from the Tigers - but I seem to remember a bit of a long stretch of s**t football from the Cats - 44 years in fact from 1963 - 2007.

You are heading that way again as your last premiership was 2011 - 8 long years ago and counting ....

Lucky in 2017? Hahahahahahaha okay ... now I know you are taking the piss!

37 years of 'garbage' from the Tigers - but I seem to remember a bit of a long stretch of s**t football from the Cats - 44 years in fact from 1963 - 2007.

You are heading that way again as your last premiership was 2011 - 8 long years ago and counting ....

Lucky in 2017? Hahahahahahaha okay ... now I know you are taking the piss!
yes 8 years is similar to 37 :$

No, no. You're dead right. A game from 1995 holds far more relevance than one from 2017. There's only like 15 players from each team in that game that will play on Friday night.
That's right, knock out finals matter more than any other game. 2017 QF is as relevant to the PF as the 157'ing Geelong gave you noobs in '07

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great comeback mate. Do you think the 2017 QF is more or less relevant to this Friday nights game than round 12 this year?

Only thing that matters is Richmond's 80% win rate against Geelong in finals and the fact that the last 5 times we have beaten you Handbaggers in finals, we have won the Premiership that year.

#flaginthebag

Last edited:
Neither are relevant. This is a knockout final so apparently only games from 24 years ago are relevant.
Only thing that matters is Richmond's 80% win rate against Geelong in finals and the fact that the last 5 times we havs beaten you Handbaggers in finals, we have won the Premiership that year.

#flaginthebag
You guys need to make up your minds, you keep telling my colonial era results are relevant but between breaths you're telling me results from more recent history are not relevant. Geelong holds a 43W 9L record over the Tugs since the AFL era began. That's very damning, you guys are our bitches and have been for a very, very long time.

inb4 BuT but BuT tHe PrE-wAr ReSuLtS

You guys need to make up your minds, you keep telling my colonial era results are relevant but between breaths you're telling me results from more recent history are not relevant. Geelong holds a 43W 9L record over the Tugs since the AFL era began. That's very damning, you guys are our bitches and have been for a very, very long time.

Yet, in the AFL era, you have only beaten us once when it matters. 😏

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers

You tell me, what’s more relevant, a game played with zero players in common to today, or a game played with zero players in common to today?
If we’re gonna go back to 1995, we might as well go back to 1908

Yet, in the AFL era, you have only beaten us once when it matters. 😏
And Tigers have beaten Cats zero times when it matters in the AFL era. We can go back and forth all day, I'll always be right.

And Tigers have beaten Cats zero times when it matters in the AFL era. We can go back and forth all day, I'll always be right.

When it matters? I think the qualifying final mattered. We got to play an interstate side in a Prelim, rather than having to have played the Minor premiers on their home deck in a Prelim. So yeah, it matters.

Number of wins that matter in AFL era:

Geelong: 1
Richmond: 1

Number of times converting said wins into flags:

Geelong: 0

Pipe down, minnow. You're our finals bitch. Always have been. Always will be.

When it matters? I think the qualifying final mattered. We got to play an interstate side in a Prelim, rather than having to have played the Minor premiers on their home deck in a Prelim. So yeah, it matters.

Number of wins that matter in AFL era:

Geelong: 1

Number of times converting said wins into flags:

Geelong: 0

Pipe down, minnow. You're our finals bitch. Always have been. Always will be.
Why didn't you list flags in general in the AFL era?

In all seriousness, you do realize it's nigh on impossible for some people to get to the game, given that there's barely any trains and parking at the 'G has been unavailable due to 'terrorism concerns', all year, right?

Not exactly sure how you guys or the AFL expect our supporters to get there, when there's barely any public transport and nowhere to park. Perhaps they can fly?
Dude there are trains every 20 minutes on Friday from lunchtime onwards.
If I can get there from Ocean Grove on my busiest work day of the week, then anyone can.

Dude there are trains every 20 minutes on Friday from lunchtime onwards.
If I can get there from Ocean Grove on my busiest work day of the week, then anyone can.

This.

In all seriousness, you do realize it's nigh on impossible for some people to get to the game, given that there's barely any trains and parking at the 'G has been unavailable due to 'terrorism concerns', all year, right?

Not exactly sure how you guys or the AFL expect our supporters to get there, when there's barely any public transport and nowhere to park. Perhaps they can fly?

I am a Richmond supporter, living in Geelong. I make it to the MCG regularly. Not sure why Geelong fans are so shitty about it. A number of us do it every second week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back