Got his music in my collection. :thumbsu:

My Top 5 Big E songs

1. All Shook Up
2. Guitar Man
3. Hound Dog
4. Jailhouse Rock
5. Blue Suede Shoes

elvis.gif

Even though I'm a Beatles guy I respect what Elvis did and his influence on music.

Kentucky Rain is one of my all time favorite songs from anyone. Such an atmospheric song sung perfectly by Elvis.

Today I listened to a great interview of Cliff Burton who is still playing out there somewhere, great insights.

Went to Graceland last year and got my photo taken with the Big 'E', I call it that photo 'The Two Kings'. :eek:

I am not a huge fan of the US and really never had much ambition to visit the place but I was quite surpised when I went there last year. We were in Memphis so naturally we went to Graceland and the whole tour was really well done. I was expecting it to be cheesy and blown out of proportion but it really was quite tastefully put together and interesting.

Should have recorded a single at Sun studios whilst I was there too !!

I just watched the Elvis movie and thought it was good.

I'll go onto youtube to learn more about his Las Vegas era, A fascinating part of music history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Graceland last year and got my photo taken with the Big 'E', I call it that photo 'The Two Kings'. :eek:

I am not a huge fan of the US and really never had much ambition to visit the place but I was quite surpised when I went there last year. We were in Memphis so naturally we went to Graceland and the whole tour was really well done. I was expecting it to be cheesy and blown out of proportion but it really was quite tastefully put together and interesting.

Should have recorded a single at Sun studios whilst I was there too !!
Replying 16 years later ... Yes, I think a pilgrimage to Gracelands at least once in one’s life should be made an obligation :cool:
And like you, I found it surprisingly tasteful and even moving, which I didn’t expect. I cut my single at the renowned Studio B in Nashville, the very studio Elvis recorded in after signing with RCA - of course, with today’s technolog, they can make anyone sound magically in tune and half decent.

Have always liked this tribute, both to Elvis and the land of the Delta blues -

Replying 16 years later ... Yes, I think a pilgrimage to Gracelands at least once in one’s life should be made an obligation :cool:
And like you, I found it surprisingly tasteful and even moving, which I didn’t expect. I cut my single at the renowned Studio B in Nashville, the very studio Elvis recorded in after signing with RCA - of course, with today’s technolog, they can make anyone sound magically in tune and half decent.

Have always liked this tribute, both to Elvis and the land of the Delta blues -

Yes, Prof - firmly entrenched in my all-time top 10.
"Tell me - are you a Christian, child?"
"Ma'am, I am tonight!"

The perfect singer, style , confidence and just the way he delivers the song that he's singing is spellbinding. From beautiful slow ballads, to medium paced songs then to fast paced rock and roll, at his peak, while there has been a lot of great singers over the years, "2024" he's still the king, with no challengers to his throne, let that sink in for just a moment.
By the way, great looking at peoples favourite Elvis's songs, my favourites are these, a top 12, but could be so much more!
YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL
YOUNG DREAMS
AS LONG AS I HAVE YOU
ANGEL
FOLLOW THAT DREAM
DON'T ASK ME WHY
KING OF THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD
HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
BECAUSE OF LOVE
SHOPIN' AROUND
{YOUR SO SQUARE} BABY I DON'T CARE
CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE

Someone asking Elvis if he has a girlfriend?

And not one thing has changed sadly - great song
Yes QuietB, right on both counts and with that song {like a lot of songs he sung} he sings it with such passion and sorrow that if you listen to it and you at least don't get sad, then I'm afraid your not human!
Hound Dog Medley GIF by Elvis Presley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back