Solved Remembering Judith Barsi

kergulen

Premium Platinum
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
She would have gone far had a paranoid and abusive drunkard not killed her and her mother when he found out they were going to leave him.

I think that had she survived, she could've been an all time great in the voiceover industry. She'd been voicing in Don Bluth films for the last couple years of her life, and Bluth showered praise on her ability to take direction and convey emotion. She had started getting into televised cartoon voices as well. I think her floor in terms of voice over success would've been a career like that of Lacey Chabert, specializing in voicing light-voiced girl characters. However, if her voice had deepened later on and she'd developed more range, the sky might have been the limit for her and she could've had a Tara Strong/Grey Delisle-esque voice over career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
The Land Before Time (Ducky) and All Dogs Go To Heaven (Anne Marie) are made much more tragic when you remember Judith was murdered before they even released. She couldnt even enjoy her own work. Hell I mean they delayed the release of the latter film by a couple months because the animators kept breaking down trying to animate Judith's parts. Her dad was a dead beat and should have taken his own life as opposed to his wife and child too.

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
ep2018 Jozsef Barsi only killed himself to avoid arrest by the police. It wasn't a "My God, What Have I Done!" as TV Tropes page on Judith would have one believe.
I have a mate who happened to know the woman who was tutoring Judith in math at the time of her death. The stories Judith would tell her about her abusive father were heart breaking. Its honestly amazing how professional she was during her acting considering how bad her life at home was.

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Its a damn shame honestly, she was very skilled as a voice actress especially, at such a young age, I reckon her career would have rivaled Tara Strong and Nolan North, etc.

Top Bottom