Remove the Board of Directors

Remove this Banner Ad

If this happens i hope to not see any past essendon legends on the ticket.

A nice boring, conservative set of CVs of people who have run and transformed organisations please.

No sheeds, hird, lloyd, o'donnell, etc.
No one that comes in with an aura.
Clear messaging, accountability and sound decision making.
I'd love that to win a rival ticket for sure, but do you think it would win? I'd like to think it would but realistically don't see it happening.

You'd need a good voice as the alternative president

Would need to sell the team whilst the team can focus on the job at hand.
They would need to run a campaign along the lines of "The players you love and know have been great players, but them being elected to the board hasn't secured us a finals win in 18 years, hire the people most appropriate for board positions". In other words, something to distract the nuffies and make them think about it in terms of finals wins instead of "I love that player, vote him!".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've been thinking for a while that the board should be replaced with bigfooty posters sitting in a circle smoking corncob pipes and thumping a table with their fists

It all sounds like fun til you remember that the alternative would just be something demanded and / or created by nuffy supporters and thus would probably be much worse than the current.

We're rebuilding and just have to stick with it, unfortunately. We've had a rough month or so but now isn't the time to throw the toys out of the cot imho.

Revealed

Essendon will undergo significant change at the end of next year.

A new president.

Highly regarded current President Paul Brasher reaches his maximum director term under the Bombers constitution at the end of 2023. 12 years.

Tnx tom Browne

It all sounds like fun til you remember that the alternative would just be something demanded and / or created by nuffy supporters and thus would probably be much worse than the current.

We're rebuilding and just have to stick with it, unfortunately. We've had a rough month or so but now isn't the time to throw the toys out of the cot imho.
Problem is that while I agree with you there are many who do not actually see the end of 2020 as a start of another chapter .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back