Rename the

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? None of the many, many countries that have this as their main sport call it soccer.

Soccer was used first in England to distinguish Association Football (soccer) from Rugby Union Football (rugger).

I think some people are under the pressure that the English Football Board is just for discussing Premier League and English players.

But I know it is for everything, so it doesn't bother me . :D

Originally posted by Bluey
Why? None of the many, many countries that have this as their main sport call it soccer.

Soccer was used first in England to distinguish Association Football (soccer) from Rugby Union Football (rugger).

But then, Rugby is English football as well.
Just saying :)

Re: Re: Rename the

Originally posted by SeinDude

How about "Football - The World Game".

How about "Soccer - The World Game, except in the United States & the only place that matters to us - AUSTRALIA".

or how about "Soccer - Australia's 4th biggest football code".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

95% of the contributors to that board are Australians who have no qualms about referring to the game as soccer.

The new name, while a vast improvement on the ridiculous former name, is still unneccesarily unwieldy, compared to a simple six letter word that everyone understands.

I'm not sure why there is an issue here. The title of the "WWF" board, unless it stands for World Wildlife Fund, refers to an organisation that no longer exists. Yet it is the name that most of the users of the board prefer.

If the majority of the soccer board contributors want the board called "Soccer Board", then what's the problem? If it's a BigSoccer issue, then say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back