Renovation Stories

Remove this Banner Ad

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Who has one? Thought we needed a new thread to keep us entertained in the off season.

My parents are nearing the end of a very long one. It is difficult to estimate how long the job has taken from start to finish, as there have been numerous interruptions, and long periods where not much happened, but by my reckoning they 'officially' started way back in 2001. We have seen builders come and go, things go wrong, and work not done properly, which actually resulted in my dad going solo for a while (at times at the expense of his own health), but after many arguments and a great deal of hard work, we have finally done it, with just the finishing touches still remaining. I have been spending a bit of time at the house a lot over the last few days to lend a helping hand, it has been difficult and stressful at times but we have also learnt a lot about each other and ourselves in the process.

If anyone else has any stories of home renovations gone wrong (or right for that matter, though they aren't as interesting :p ), share away!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back