Rental Bond | BigFooty

Rental Bond

Discussion in 'Money' started by AvantGardener, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:55 PM.

1. AvantGardener

AvantGardener Team Captain

Carlton
    My bond was $1200.

Weekly rent is $300.

I've had end of lease cleaning quotes and they are around $600.

I'm buying a property now so future rents won't be a problem for me.

Whats to stop me from not paying rent and getting a clean done and the real estate can just take the bond? Apart from morals because I obviously don't have any to be contemplating this! :devil:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Sabbathen

Sabbathen All Australian

West Coast
    So you want to vacate the property without paying whatever rent is remaining in the lease period, and without cleaning it, in the hope your $1200 bond will be enough for the agent to call it square?

Really....?

3. BIRDBRAIN

BIRDBRAIN Club Legend

West Coast
    What exactly is the benefit of not paying rent only to have it taken out of your bond? No net savings really, just annoy a bunch of people and create extra paperwork.

4. AvantGardener

Carlton
    If I stopped paying a month ahead and didnt worry about cleaning I'd be in front financially, plus wouldnt have to worry about the real estate not giving me my bond back

5. Sabbathen

Sabbathen All Australian

West Coast
    I don’t think a lack of morals is your biggest problem here... a lack of something else maybe.

If I was the agent and someone pulled this crap, I’d claim the entire bond for cleaning and some repairs that just magically appeared. Then I’d take you to tribunal to recover the unpaid rent.

BIRDBRAIN likes this.
  6. AvantGardener

Carlton
    No, I know they wouldn't call it square. I would only do it to be financially better off, costing them money. But I wanted to know what retribution they would have given I don't need any future rents so blacklisting me wouldn't matter.

So there is a rental tribunal. Theres my answer.

Take a chill pill dude

7. Sabbathen

Sabbathen All Australian

West Coast
    Yeah, there’s a legal process for most things in life when one attempts to steal from another, are you honestly that naive?

So you’ll never need to rent another property in your life? House will never burn down and need to rent something whilst it’s rebuilt? You’ll never lose your job or be incompacitated in some way and have to sell because you can no longer afford a mortgage? Get offered a promotion to work interstate for a few years and have to rent somewhere to live? So many what if’s...

8. AvantGardener

Carlton
    Im not sold that the real estate would go to the board over a few hundred dolllars. I didnt know a board existed. My best guess was send debt collector and go to civil court which I would think isnt worth the effort for them for a few hundred dollars. The tribunal board might be a little easier for them. Theres nothing naive about not knowing the exact process, obviously by asking the question I suspected there was processess...

They are possibilities I'd need to rent but very unlikely.

9. Sabbathen

Sabbathen All Australian

West Coast
    Many property managers include attending tribunal on the landlords behalf in their fees. Property managers regularly attend tribunal and will be well prepared and aware of the process.
    The application costs for a tribunal hearing is quite small($49 in NSW).
    If I was the property manager I would be keeping your bond to cover cleaning and repairs $1200 and any unpaid rent. I would also be making a claim for my time to prepare and attend tribunal, travel costs and any application fees on top. It will also cost you your time and expenses to attend to defend yourself.

I reckon you should give it a go.

iluvparis likes this.