Repercussions of the axe: Who fills the shoes, Who is recruited

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Im very iffy on JOM and DS. Its just our luck we get one or both and they become our new elite paid JSW's!

Josh Kelly needs the cheque book thrown at him. A gun without the worries with ties to the club.

When is he contracted to? '17 or '18??

royalblue92

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"And I think we needed a pretty aggressive reset to give our club the best chance of playing in and winning its fifth premiership," Brayshaw said. "I think we need to get back to the draft, we need to get some really good quality kids into the place.

"We've got some already, but we need to add to that and we would be looking in this next five-year period to have a very strong on-field performance with sustained on-field success."

- One C. Mayne does not fit this criteria

Last edited:

Thompson will take Firritos spot and Hansen will come into the team.
Wood will take Petrie spot.
Clarke will take Dal Santos spot.
Some a grade campaigner trade in better take Boomers spot.
There is literally no one in the twos capable of filling Boomers shoes

Im very iffy on JOM and DS. Its just our luck we get one or both and they become our new elite paid JSW's!

Josh Kelly needs the cheque book thrown at him. A gun without the worries with ties to the club.

When is he contracted to? '17 or '18??

dosser11

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think with Boomer going it highlights our lack of quality attacking small forwards. We have medium forwards who have potential (Garner), and defensive small forwards (Turner), but after Lindsay, who's off and on, we don't have a high scoring small forward. How does turning our back on Eddie Betts look now....

I think with Boomer going it highlights our lack of quality attacking small forwards. We have medium forwards who have potential (Garner), and defensive small forwards (Turner), but after Lindsay, who's off and on, we don't have a high scoring small forward. How does turning our back on Eddie Betts look now....

We never turned our back on Betts. In fact we were one of the clubs who offered him a sizable contract but he simply chose Adelaide in the end.

dosser11

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We never turned our back on Betts. In fact we were one of the clubs who offered him a sizable contract but he simply chose Adelaide in the end.
We offered then rescinded the offer, due to getting our other signings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CarnTheKANGAS

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agreed, but Brown might struggle with a better defender each week. Wood could be elite.

McKay and Durdin are still developing, give them 2-3 more years before they make an impact.

Why do they need an extra 2-3 years whilst other clubs can chuck their guys straight in?? If McKay was to come in he would have the 3rd best defender after brown and wood.. give the young guys a shot.. it has been our biggest problem for 12 odd years.

royalblue92

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brown can't take the best defender each week, needs to either turn into a complete 100kg monster this offseason or get better support. I'm really hoping Durdin turns into that third tall that can change games with difficult match up's,

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
new players will be great, new approach to the game would be better.

This is the time for a white paper approach, no set gameplan, no best 22. Put together the team as if the 40 players just arrived and go from there. I saw one persons team have Gibson, Swallow, Cunnington, Ziebell, Dumont and Jacobs in the team. Stuff that, lets build a team that can challenge the top sides consistently.

My 2017 white paper team with assumption :oops:

B: Thompson Tarrant Atley
HB: EVW Waite Wright
C: JMac O"Meara Clarke
HF: Higgins Brown Garner
F: Zeibell Wood Turner
R: Goldy Cunners LMac

IC: Wells, Daw, Dumont, Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back