Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2005
Glen Iris, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Liverpool, Celtics
Hi everyone,

I am trying to collect Swans games from years gone by and am wondering if anyone has any games from the period of 1995-2001 that I might be able to get my hands on?

Cheers,
SS :thumbsu:

I probably started recording games after 1996 on VHS. Sometimes I paused the ads to fit games onto tapes so at times may miss the bounce after the ads.

Langers (posters that pops up now and then) was hunting a lot of games and may have things DVD ready I imagine he charges per game.

I have some games from those eras mainly wins. Don't look at me as a great source as I literally have thousands of tapes with only 700 or so catalogued. I will see what I can find but in the middle of moving presently and in two weeks becoming a father so there are obstacles to my assistance.

Jeez, beta was non existent by then. What did you tape over for that game?

I still have a working Beta

I remember it well. I recorded over the last hour of Wrestlemania 2 off air broadcast (bugger) and recorded the first half v Geelong at the SCG Swans win. Then let a show I recorded run called The Guys Next Door which was a boy band type of show and had a Disco segment where they ripped off Saturday Night Fever (Which is my favourite movie) then started the next half after that. I’m pretty sure I also recorded the half time segment of looking back at the move from South Melbourne to Sydney. I really need to digitize that little nugget of gold whilst the Beta is still running.

Congrats Banyo Bloods on impending fatherhood:partypooper:

Thank you - I'm derailing this thread a bit sorry. Hoping to bring a Swans fan into the world, but I decided my own team to support so will let them decide if they even like footy. If they decide to support another team I will love them just as much but they will have to move out.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
I still have a working Beta

I remember it well. I recorded over the last hour of Wrestlemania 2 off air broadcast (bugger) and recorded the first half v Geelong at the SCG Swans win. Then let a show I recorded run called The Guys Next Door which was a boy band type of show and had a Disco segment where they ripped off Saturday Night Fever (Which is my favourite movie) then started the next half after that. I’m pretty sure I also recorded the half time segment of looking back at the move from South Melbourne to Sydney. I really need to digitize that little nugget of gold whilst the Beta is still running.
A working beta, that’d be worth some money. I’ve got a beta tape with Blazing Saddles I recorded off tv. Gold

Thank you - I'm derailing this thread a bit sorry. Hoping to bring a Swans fan into the world, but I decided my own team to support so will let them decide if they even like footy. If they decide to support another team I will love them just as much but they will have to move out.
:D:thumbsu: Bloody ripper mate. Congrats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back