List Mgmt. Replenish our list

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Callum Sinclair be worth chasing?We need to bring in a ready made ruck for 2018.
Do we? Sandy is on for 2018 and Darcy will have another pre-season. I'd be amazed if we traded for an established ruck that wasn't a backup.

That said Sinclair can clunk a mark, would take for a 4th or less which Sydney would not do.

Sandi is too injury riddled now!
I agree and hope that just leads to Sean getting more opportunities. If we bring in someone that plays 1st ruck, they are not going to be happy playing for Peel.

We can bring a forward/ruck but that just takes away opportunities for Ape and Nads. I am all for getting someone to cover (ala Griffin but younger) or drafting another one. Not so keen on trading someone who will take the young player's minutes. Of course, no guarantee that Nads and Ape are on the list next year I suppose.

Do we? Sandy is on for 2018 and Darcy will have another pre-season. I'd be amazed if we traded for an established ruck that wasn't a backup.

That said Sinclair can clunk a mark, would take for a 4th or less which Sydney would not do.
Has anyone got any thoughts on Liam McBean? 202cm over 100kg now, playing in Sanfl. Also with
the holes in the list we should be looking at others, some probably deserve a second chance.
Blaine Johnson is another.

Has anyone got any thoughts on Liam McBean? 202cm over 100kg now, playing in Sanfl. Also with
the holes in the list we should be looking at others, some probably deserve a second chance.
I do but only rookie list player as this guy's done pre season before and don't need two season to prove themselves .

Tend to agree with Meima. Rookie at best.

Pretty sure someone posted his SANFL stats somewhere on our board and they were not great. I'd rather Tabs/Nads/Ape stay on than get McBean. We only have limited tall spots for developing.

That is great perspective. The other thing is that we have opportunities for player replacement now including FA and the Academy.

392539_ee7ad5c0189d1e7616cf1b856d8067dd.jpg

That was the 2 teams that were fielded in the derby.

Freos 22 had an average age of 23.5 years while west coasts average 22 has an average age of 27.1 years. That's 2.5 years per player. That is a Huge difference. We also fielded 10 players with 50 games or less while eagles fielded 4 players with 50 games or less. the 50-99 and 100-149 gamer tallies are even.

Freo fielded only 4 blokes with over 150 games or more while eagles fielded 9 guys. My Prediction is Eagles will drop like Hawks, Freo and Roos have previously.

The main reason why I want Freo to just cut 6 guys a year rather than 8-9 players a year is I want balance in the Squad. As Stated before, I don't think freos current list age wise is as bad as 2008-9. Yes we got Sandi, Mundy and Johnson at the end of their careers. We have Fyfe, Neale, both hills etc in their prime. We also have a lot of talent aged 22 or under coming through too.

392539_ee7ad5c0189d1e7616cf1b856d8067dd.jpg

That was the 2 teams that were fielded in the derby.

Freos 22 had an average age of 23.5 years while west coasts average 22 has an average age of 27.1 years. That's 2.5 years per player. That is a Huge difference. We also fielded 10 players with 50 games or less while eagles fielded 4 players with 50 games or less. the 50-99 and 100-149 gamer tallies are even.

Freo fielded only 4 blokes with over 150 games or more while eagles fielded 9 guys. My Prediction is Eagles will drop like Hawks, Freo and Roos have previously.

The main reason why I want Freo to just cut 6 guys a year rather than 8-9 players a year is I want balance in the Squad. As Stated before, I don't think freos current list age wise is as bad as 2008-9. Yes we got Sandi, Mundy and Johnson at the end of their careers. We have Fyfe, Neale, both hills etc in their prime. We also have a lot of talent aged 22 or under coming through too.
Instead of compare freo best 22 why not with hawthorn best 22 this week , just one place behind freo where they do their rebuild one year later than freo. Hawthorn actually losing three good player last year with Sam Mitchell,Lewis and b.hill and gaining tom Mitchell and o Meara.

Freo gaining , b.hill, hamling , Kersten and cam Mac.
Losing Gu, deboer , Barlow . (Foot soldier)
Although hamling still play less that 50 game but he shoe capability replacing both Dawson and silvagni.

Last edited:

Would like to rookie a good mature ager, but no need to waste a draft pick trading for one.

For me 8-10 out from the senior list and 1-2 rookies will be cut. We'll promote 2-3 rookies which will help replace players on the senior list. Probably leaves us with around 4-5 national draft picks with 1-2 coming in via trade and 3-4 rookie picks. Probably a turnover of around 10 in total - we'll still have deadwood to cut next year too.

The no.1 priority should be a key forward but we shouldn't reach 10-15 to get one. Mature agers should be brought in with later picks - wouldn't be against going later into the draft than last year although I think Lloyd would rather sacrifice a second rounder from next year to move up the draft order. A good mix between mature aged players and kids is key to rebuilding quickly. I don't think you can rebuild without bringing in mature aged talent these days whether it be from the AFL or state leagues. Last year we brought in five kids and five mature agers when you think about it.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The club is clearly fast tracking if Sean, Strnadica as well as testing Taberner in ruck positions. If the prognosis for Apeness and/or UberG are positive then I I would not really consider a mature ruck. A development player with a late pick, no problem.

For me 8-10 out from the senior list and 1-2 rookies will be cut. We'll promote 2-3 rookies which will help replace players on the senior list. Probably leaves us with around 4-5 national draft picks with 1-2 coming in via trade and 3-4 rookie picks. Probably a turnover of around 10 in total - we'll still have deadwood to cut next year too.

The no.1 priority should be a key forward but we shouldn't reach 10-15 to get one. Mature agers should be brought in with later picks - wouldn't be against going later into the draft than last year although I think Lloyd would rather sacrifice a second rounder from next year to move up the draft order. A good mix between mature aged players and kids is key to rebuilding quickly. I don't think you can rebuild without bringing in mature aged talent these days whether it be from the AFL or state leagues. Last year we brought in five kids and five mature agers when you think about it.

I'm not sure about cutting any of our rookies, the most eligible to be cut would be Uber but he had shown enough for his first extension before his major injury so I would hope that we would offer to re-rookie him after being delisted.

Otherwise I agree, I think
Ballantyne, Dawson, Griffin, Johnson and Ibbotson should retire.
We may get some value out of Suban and Sheridan but more likely delisted
I'd like for Danyl to be paid out a retired
Clarke depending on his knees might have to go or be short term depth.
I'm confident that Crozier, Langdon and Tucker will sign, less confident but still hopeful about Balic.
Collins and Tabs should be kept as key position depth.
I also think (or maybe hope) that Nyhuis, Grey and Deluca will have done enough to be upgraded.

Which, given the typical 38-6 main-rookie list split, would leave us with 6-8 vacant main list spots and 3 rookie positions.

This might be too much as the draft isn't considered nearly as deep as last years and the trade and free agency market isn't likely to be a fruitful as last year. We might keep a couple on 1 year extensions with the plan on going deep into next year's "super draft" (when is next year's draft ever not a super draft)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mature age players I hope freo consider from WA.
1) tim Kelly
2) Jonathan mash
3) Liam Ryan

After 60 range draft pick or rookie list player from peel one or two of them
1) Cramer
2) L.mitchell
3) m.steven
4) BB

There's a lot of questions over Ryan. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get overlooked completely again tbh but at same time wouldn't be disappointed if we picked him up. The talent is there more so than anyone we'll get with our last pick, which is where we'll get him if we do. I reckon the club may play safer though. There's another Milera (cousin or brother of the Adelaide one - can't remember which) tearing up the SANFL. Just another option and let's face it our recruiters look much further than just the WAFL and can overlook WAFL mature agers for ones from elsewhere.

I loved the look of Tim Kelly tbh. Hope he's on our list next year.

Yeah reserves, checked his stats and they didn't look good for a seasoned AFL player. Niether did Garlett's in the league side.

Just thought someone might have seen them play and could shed some light.
Not seen Garlett play , but occasionally playing S.freo reserve show that he got some problem with commitment.

SNAFL
Ian milera
Jonty Scharenberg (Glenelg)

NEAFL
Not a strong league but can see a few rough diamond ready to discover. Jack rolls , Nathan cooper , HBS ( 2016 rising star)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back