Replicating Sweet in a Minecraft world.

Remove this Banner Ad

An updated map: the suburb of Punt.
Region has been fleshed out a bit because we played the Hawks last week (who now play at Tiger Island) and I built their local "Mongrel Estate" for them.
AajSMdP.png

Agent93 por_please_ya Hate

For perspective, here's how it looked approx this time last year (Feb 20, 2019) :
fvJ2k6n.png

All those torches on the field are a safety hazard.
Ground surfaces can be replaced with astrocarpet upon request, doing away with what many have referred to as the "f** butt issue".
BJO has undergone this revamp. Watch the video to the end and you'll see the difference it makes.

I actually have a happy snap of the Mongrel Estate intersection from when the entire project was still in the landfill (not the thread) stage, placing down the roads over the ocean!

This is the bend in the (still as yet unnamed) main road where Kiosk Way now turns off. The Mongrel pub now sits on that corner, where the bare dirt is exposed in this image. Perspective is north-north-west.

Yz7z9qb.png

Ground surfaces can be replaced with astrocarpet upon request, doing away with what many have referred to as the "f** butt issue".
BJO has undergone this revamp. Watch the video to the end and you'll see the difference it makes.
BJO does look fantastic. Much better than the Eyrie, but I feel that reflects the club that plays on it.

BJO does look fantastic. Much better than the Eyrie, but I feel that reflects the club that plays on it.
A. It's an inner suburban ground where I'd built up a lot of the suburbia, as opposed to the fringes where the Eyrie sits.
B. It's my team's ground so I've definitely given it a bit of priority attention.

An updated map: the suburb of Punt.
Region has been fleshed out a bit because we played the Hawks last week (who now play at Tiger Island) and I built their local "Mongrel Estate" for them.
AajSMdP.png

Agent93 por_please_ya Hate

For perspective, here's how it looked approx this time last year (Feb 20, 2019) :
fvJ2k6n.png
Ooh boy, my place looks sick from this view.

1581463828245.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a log of how long it has taken to build up the land of sweet?

What's this?
It's the unfurnished interior of Camp Clod.

Is there a log of how long it has taken to build up the land of sweet?
Started in 2016. I take a lot of screenshots, not really enough to create like a timelapse or nuffin' but plenty of nostalgia.

There was a server crash at one stage, and a year's work was lost. I eventually stopped crying and rebuilt it.

Name something you want a history of and I'll try to collect some stuff for you.

It's the unfurnished interior of Camp Clod.

Started in 2016. I take a lot of screenshots, not really enough to create like a timelapse or nuffin' but plenty of nostalgia.

There was a server crash at one stage, and a year's work was lost. I eventually stopped crying and rebuilt it.

Name something you want a history of and I'll try to collect some stuff for you.
A year's worth of work? I lose an hours worth of work and am turned off Minecraft for months. Far out.

I wouldn't mind knowing where you started it all. . BJO?

I just jumped on the ps4, but it won't let me sign into my Microsoft account on it so I can't even get close to figuring out if I can cross play. It seems like I can though, just need the account to work. They are working on a fix.

A year's worth of work? I lose an hours worth of work and am turned off Minecraft for months. Far out.

I wouldn't mind knowing where you started it all. . BJO?

I just jumped on the ps4, but it won't let me sign into my Microsoft account on it so I can't even get close to figuring out if I can cross play. It seems like I can though, just need the account to work. They are working on a fix.
The first building was later to become the clubhouse of the Colosseum. I'll find a few happy snaps.

Probably worth applying for heritage listing.

Are buildings ever torn down to make way for new ones or do you leave a building once it's finished?
I can't remember an example of this happening but my Allotment register has got a small number of "olds". This is, however, normally where I've built something that I already knew was for historical context in the first place, and would later be removed.

It's happened for instance with footy grounds. Windy Hill, Subiaco and Docklands arenas were all arenas in the past which I decided would be grounds lost to future development. So for example with Windy Hill, I wanted there to be a defined location of where it used to be. So I built the ground, and then built an estate over the top of it, replacing most of it. Same with Docklands.
With Subiaco, I never built the original ground, I simply measured out where it would have been, and made historical markers (two preserved posts) as stand-alone allotments.

Buildings can get upgraded though. I mean, that house above got incorporated into the Colosseum, so a lot of it got revamped.

For Bloodied52 and Elton Johns Wig :

One of the major issues I experience with Minecraft is that whenever we upgrade to a new version, some items disappear. This includes but is not limited to anything sitting on armour stands, and anything placed in item frames. This is intensely frustrating!

I have a small "clothing store" in the Los Carraras Shopping Complex. When I went to check if it might make a good "Lid Emporium" I found that this time, not only had all the armour (including helmets) disappeared, but so had the armour stands themselves. I ducked out to a stall across the corridor where there had been item frames placed on blocks that held items in them (like an in-corridor clothing stall), and again, not only were the items gone, but the frames as well.

Armour lost after one upgrade:
PFR7n7e.png

Armour stands lost after second upgrade:
Fiu7gO6.png

Footwear and item frames before upgrade:
bQLSh2n.png

Both lost due to upgrade:
2lpy0EE.png

SO I'm just being a bit furious for a while. Then I'll make an Emporium for you, EJW. However, maybe you don't want it in Nou Camp? Maybe you want it down in Rasasidge (where the Colosseum is). Let me know.

B52, here is the Towel Shop :
LImpgu2.png

GPvYR7k.png

Last edited:

One of the major issues I experience with Minecraft is that whenever we upgrade to a new version, some items disappear. This includes but is not limited to anything sitting on armour stands, and anything placed in item frames. This is intensely frustrating!

I have a small "clothing store" in the Los Carraras Shopping Complex. When I went to check if it might make a good "Lid Emporium" I found that this time, not only had all the armour (including helmets) disappeared, but so had the armour stands themselves. I ducked out to a stall across the corridor where there had been item frames placed on blocks that held items in them (like an in-corridor clothing stall), and again, not only were the items gone, but the frames as well.

PFR7n7e.png

Fiu7gO6.png

bQLSh2n.png

2lpy0EE.png

SO I'm just being a bit furious for a while. Then I'll make an Emporium for you, EJW. However, maybe you don't want it in Nou Camp? Maybe you want it fown in Rasasidge (where the Colosseum is). Let me know.

LImpgu2.png

GPvYR7k.png

I am truly gobsmacked. That is awesome!

It's amazing isn't it?

PFR7n7e.png

Fiu7gO6.png

bQLSh2n.png

2lpy0EE.png

SO I'm just being a bit furious for a while. Then I'll make an Emporium for you, EJW. However, maybe you don't want it in Nou Camp? Maybe you want it down in Rasasidge (where the Colosseum is). Let me know.

LImpgu2.png

GPvYR7k.png
Wow, I had no idea the upgrades stuffed things around so much. That would be ridiculously frustrating. I have no idea about minecraft. My kids play it. I think the only thing I've done is fenced cows in.

I think in Rasasidge yes. Then I can warn opponents about the dangers of concussion before playing the Wonders and sell more lids. Special offer 10% off if purchased before a Wonders game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back