Replicating Sweet in a Minecraft world.

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Southampton F.C., eAFL SUNS
Wait what. I just read the thread cos I'm bored and manangatang can't have a tree house for a residence! That doesn't make sense in a modern day urban environment.

You can build a theme park with a tree house in it like an exhibit, but treehouses are not normal real estate.
Oh really? Well this is a bit sad. I thought Porps was just having trouble with the server...

Oh really? Well this is a bit sad. I thought Porps was just having trouble with the server...
I haven't been able to get on it for a long time.

Aww I never thought about that, that it wouldn't be realistic. Sad lol. Well, maybe I'll make you a wooden cabin somewhere...

In the absence of the server, I am working on a new treat for those of you who haven't already experienced it. Stay tuned for a Real estate guide. Gumbies were the first to experience this phenomenon, where both Gumbania and Old Town had their residential properties laid bare and open for population. But I've since honed the format a bit in time for the Royals to cop the same treatment.

I'll repeat the Golden Valley guide here in a moment. Then I'll work on upgrading the guides for Gumbania and Old Town. I want to cover the entire city but of course there are a number of entire estates missing, that were built after the final screenshots were taken that I have available as resource material.

In hindsight, it's a LOT of posts so maybe it should go into a new thread here.

Here 'tis : Real Estate Guide - Golden Valley.

Last edited:

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
omgfridge and Genghis Tron , is the Home For Gifted Young Flankers a training facility or a housing facility?

Reasons.
A little bit of both. Most gifted young flankers are homeless so....

Training facility with on site boarding.

Or just training facility for simplicity's sake.

A little bit of both. Most gifted young flankers are homeless so....

Training facility with on site boarding.

Or just training facility for simplicity's sake.
I'll go with a commercial deisgnation over a residential one. Thanks!

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
I just found out I have developed over 1300 locations in Minecraft Sweet (counting multi-apartment blocks by all the residences within but still over 1200 without this).
Well, not really. por_please_ya built 5 of them!
That's a mammoth effort!

I'm egging to get back on that damn server :( Any news? I'm guessing not.

That's a mammoth effort!

I'm egging to get back on that damn server :( Any news? I'm guessing not.
If the server comes back I'll be sure to advise all interested parties. But it's better to direct enquiries to Chief as I can't affect the resumption of the server in any way.

I'm using all the screenshots as much as I can to develop new content (see the first real estate guide I linked above). But I'm going to run out of new things to do, eventually.

I also started building another town in the region but I'm doing it locally on my own Minecraft in single-player.

Some more statistics.
Suburb Breakdown - all developed properties.jpg

These are all developed properties in Sweet Municipal region. Outback District, where Kennedy Parker has his ranch; the ENP, where Wosh , and Tittybong, where TJASTA has his house fall outside this municipality and are not recorded here. There was another bloke who built a house north of Outback Arena, and also Hate who had an entire base in a southern jungle - neither of these regions are covered, either.

As per the table, we can see each suburb, with the total number of developed properties. Once a property undergoes development, it is given a primary usage category - Residential, Commercial or Municipal. The Municipal category covers footy grounds, public horse stables, fountains, parks etc. One additional category "mixed" refers to homes which double as shops - both residential and commercial.

The data is a little skewed by some slight anomalies which I can work on. Sweet CBD is almost entirely commercial, however it has one hotel with 60 rooms (and two other smaller apartment complexes), therefore it also figures highly on the residential scale.

Nou Camp has the largest number of developed properties. It's quite a big suburb, and very central. It also hosts the Los Carraras Shopping Complex was bears a large number of shops (and it's only about one twelfth done).

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Gumbania is pretty underdeveloped it would seem. We really need to pull our fingers out.

Maybe our lack of commercial opportunities is why we struggle to attract players from other teams. That must be it.

Gumbania is pretty underdeveloped it would seem. We really need to pull our fingers out.

Maybe our lack of commercial opportunities is why we struggle to attract players from other teams. That must be it.
Gumbania was hella underdeveloped. I made a concerted effort to add a lot of suburbia there along Gumbania Rd, it was one of the last major additions I worked on.
You can see the changes I made here:
gumbania_growth.gif

On top of the change shown, I added another 3 or 4 houses along Gumbania Rd to ensure that a "road trip" video would look as though it was pure suburbia, with no open space to be espied on either side of the road (although in truth this was a facade - only that roadside was developed giving rise to the impression that suburbia continued behind these buildings.

But you can see that I added more roads and allotment plots, even if I did not build on all of them. I even came back later, added one house (just below the bottom-right corner of the farmers market, and a new couple of streets behind the HOG indoor training venue, further redeveloping the old ground.

But then the server became inaccessible.

I planned to create a park opposite the bakery in Punt. And I would have been happy to help develop Gumbania. :( I hope we can get it back.
I gave a laughing react because of the thumbs down react that forms part of this post.

I planned to create a park opposite the bakery in Punt. And I would have been happy to help develop Gumbania. :( I hope we can get it back.

WHAT THE ACTUAL *?!?!?!?!?!?

1) I burn down sausageroll shitty bakery!!

2) Punt is the land of strippers, drive thru bottle shops, kfc, and dispensaries. NOT ******* PARKS :mad: :mad: :mad:
I don't go anywhere near the Hippodrome dumpster end. We are in the upmarket hipster part of Punt ;)

Back