Request - 90's style mascots

The card board 1992 ladder is kind symbolic for me, as it was literally the time when I started following footy. I had all the cards, but were likely thrown out at some stage.
First year I can remember too.

The colour I used is the official club colour. Just being completely blue can make it look lighter than it is though. As for being all blue, in this version of logos, the cat was completely blue, as opposed to the one below where it's head was black.
Geelong-logo-1983.gif

Ps; It may have also lost some clarity in the conversion.
I disagree. I am trying to find an original copy but it's hard because the navy ends up looking very dark.

upload_2014-5-15_12-22-29.png

Unfortunately the Australian Rules Football Cards website is only letting me see images in thumbnail size, but here are a couple of years of logos from the Select stickers series. I am pretty sure the cat was black and the guernsey was blue. The first one shows this the best. I also have a figurine of this cat, where it is black and its guernsey is blue.

HSVKing

Debutant
May 8, 2003
Mornington
AFL Club
St Kilda
I disagree. I am trying to find an original copy but it's hard because the navy ends up looking very dark.
I think you may be looking for the version that wasn't the original. As far as I am aware, the first incarnation of the logo was all navy, but most likely changed afterwards. I have been looking at some old Channel 7 footage. As you mentioned, the navy almost looks black, meaning that quite often it looks entirely black or entirely navy.

HSVKing

Debutant
May 8, 2003
Mornington
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have just found an answer.

These are from a few years after the first incarnation of the logos. You will notice the Eagle is actually brown by this stage, as opposed to when it was first released where it was all gold. The cat looks to be black, so I assume this is what you are referring to.
T32jLBW.png

Alternate guernsey mascots.
jNIONix.png
Wouldn't the bomber be grey now? :p

I have the ladder as well and used it until Fremantle came in (rendering it obselete), I remember the Fitzroy card was the first one, and I played with it (being 8 years old) so much watching it change from the Lion to Richard Osborne (from memory) basically continuously. That one was easily in the worst condition.

I also remember one of the artists images on the ladder was of a Collingwood player contesting a ball with a Port Adelaide Magpies player.

Stewies Power

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aus Cricket Team & F1 Ricciardo
There was a time when Ch 7 had an animated character of the winning team that would go across the screen immediately after the final siren

Yes !!!

Although the Saint was never that prevelant :(
If anyone has a picture of the Saint i would be eternaly greatful.

The card board 1992 ladder is kind symbolic for me, as it was literally the time when I started following footy. I had all the cards, but were likely thrown out at some stage.
No way! I have the whole set in my bedroom!

Updated Cat to black.
ZZTVC3u.png
You don't happen to have a bigger version of this do you?
I want to make one at work and put it on the front windows!

Grange Wallis

Draftee
Feb 12, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
These were awesome - I remember having a massive sticker on the inside of my wardrobe door with all the teams, I think I got it from a Triple M show bag from the Royal Melbourne Show. I loved them all. I might do a updated homage series of these.

Aug 7, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Portland Trail Blazers
I'm another one who has memories flooding back when viewing these mascots. As a kid in the early nineties I used to draw these on A4 paper.

It was a good way to kill time stuck inside in the freezing July school holidays. At one stage I had drawn all sixteen of them before losing a few and then doing them again.

I remember being very excited about the prospect of a seventeenth side entering the comp, just so I had a new mascot to draw. I was disappointed when Freo's arrival was the beginning of the end for these.

lake81

Rookie
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey Guys, saw this thread while I was working on these mascots and thought i would share, it always annoyed me that a few teams never got a 90's mascot and after seeing the horrible one's AFL.com are using I thought I might try to draw some in the same style as the originals!

LINEUP.jpg

Hey Guys, saw this thread while I was working on these mascots and thought i would share, it always annoyed me that a few teams never got a 90's mascot and after seeing the horrible one's AFL.com are using I thought I might try to draw some in the same style as the originals!

View attachment 1408664
These look fantastic, I am a huge fan of that Giant.

Can I steal the Cats one for my avatar?

View attachment 1408664
Strangely they aren’t using the Carlton one.

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers

View attachment 1408664
My man, you have talent. Do you have the ability to expand these classics, my favourites ever from the seventies?
R.gif

Back