2nds Reserves 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought Murphy is pretty different from Potter, Guthrie and Kenny, if that's who you're talking about. He's quicker and has better skills, for one thing. He puts me in the mind of a shorter Kieran Jack.
Don't think Murphy is that quick. He doesn't have the line breaking abilities of Jack. I also think Brain and Thompson will come into consideration for a list spot. Realistically they are probably all more rookie prospects than likely senior listees. I agree they are slightly different but they are all essentially small mid types without express pace.

Massive two weeks ahead for the ressies
1st vs 2nd this week coming up against Ainslie i think a win seals the minor premiership
And gives us a good lead against them into 1st week of finals which we should play them if we win we go straight to the Grand Final and if we lose we vs GWS or Eastlakes!

Any one know if their will be restrictions in place?

I want to go all the way this year

Hard to know. The Swans have half a dozen Academy players of similar build and attributes who are draft age. Murphy is probably the most polished at the moment but he's already one year overage so there may not be as much scope for improvement.

Thanks Liz, I believe he only turns 19 in December 2011 so there may be a lot more upside.

Any one know if their will be restrictions in place?

I want to go all the way this year
Finals restrictions is an interesting topic, I've never been able to find the original article (I believe it was in an early AFL Canberra Record edition in the year the restrictions came into place 2007?) that explained it, but looking at the lineups of the Reserves in finals matches it seems to be 12 listed players in the whole squad as opposed to the regular season restriction of 18 listed players in the squad and 13 on the field at any one time.

Given the dominance of the Reserves this year I'm sure the other Canberra clubs will be keen to enforce the rule which would pose an interesting conundrum to Playfair, Crouch and Maxfield of who to leave out, given there 14 listed players took to the field last week and a few are due to return in the finals e.g. Everitt and LJ

Will the restrictions apply if we play GWS or the winner of the Northern Conference in the super-duper NEAFL Grand Final (if we make it :))?

Finals restrictions is an interesting topic, I've never been able to find the original article (I believe it was in an early AFL Canberra Record edition in the year the restrictions came into place 2007?) that explained it, but looking at the lineups of the Reserves in finals matches it seems to be 12 listed players in the whole squad as opposed to the regular season restriction of 18 listed players in the squad and 13 on the field at any one time.

Given the dominance of the Reserves this year I'm sure the other Canberra clubs will be keen to enforce the rule which would pose an interesting conundrum to Playfair, Crouch and Maxfield of who to leave out, given there 14 listed players took to the field last week and a few are due to return in the finals e.g. Everitt and LJ

Will the restrictions apply if we play GWS or the winner of the Northern Conference in the super-duper NEAFL Grand Final (if we make it :))?

From the NEAFL site Rules & Regulations

15.2 Team Playing Numbers for the Competition Finals Series
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial](a) The following maximum team playing numbers will be permitted during the 2011 Conference finals series:
(i) North Conference – 23 players; and
(ii) East Conference – 22 players.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]47
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial](b) For the Competition grand final, Clubs shall be permitted to play a maximum of twenty-three (23) listed players and, subject to Rule 15.2(c) below, AFL Club Reserves teams shall play with the same on-field player restrictions that apply for Competition home and away Matches, in their respective Conferences.
(c) The Sydney Swans Reserves team shall be permitted to play a maximum of twenty-three (23) players, which may comprise a maximum of thirteen (13) Sydney Swans listed players.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]15.3 Competition Playing Lists (Non AFL Clubs) – North Conference
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial](a) Clubs may submit a playing list of sixty (60) players which will include 5 – 10 players marked with an asterisk (*) These players will be known as Supplementary Players and must be aged 19 years or under from the 1[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]st [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]of January in the given season.
(b) NT Thunder may submit a playing list of no greater than forty-five (45) players. The NT list does not have to include Supplementary Players given their criteria for 23
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]rd [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]player outlined in Rule 15.4(b) below.
(c) Any Club that wishes to include players on their playing list outside of the procedure set out in Rule 15.3(a) above, for example by Rookie Search or players transferring to Australian Football from other sporting codes, must first obtain AFL approval.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]15.4 23 Players Permitted to Play
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial](a) Clubs may name twenty-three (23) players in any given home and away Match provided there is a minimum of one (1) Supplementary Player named in accordance with Rule 15.3(a) above.
(b) NT Thunder may name twenty-three (23) players with a minimum of one (1) player being termed a Regional/Community Player. This player must be highlighted with an asterisk (*) when the selected team is submitted for publication.
(c) Clubs are permitted to play 23 players in Finals but do not have to include a Supplementary Player.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]15.5 Top-Up Players
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial](a) This Rule shall apply to all AFL Club Reserve teams (including GWS Giants), unless otherwise approved in writing by the AFL.
(b) Notwithstanding anything within this Rule 15.5, top-up players:
(i) must reside within the respective AFL Club‟s designated Academy region and be aged twenty-one
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

There will also be some minimum games played and senior matches maximum limits if the seniors are not playing in a weeks.

It's usually something like 5 games played in the reserves and no more than 11 played for the seniors.

Do you know the figures Grim?

I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that it is 3 games.

Meanwhile Reserves side has been named:

B: Nathan Kenny, Max Otten, Mitch Crawford
HB: Campbell Heath, Chris McKaigue, Nathan Gordon
C: Lewis Jetta, Dylan McNeil, Eugene Kruger
HF: Jarred Moore, Paul Bevan, Trent Dennis-Lane
F: Bryce McEvoy, Mark Seaby, Tadhg Kennelly
Foll: Mike Pyke, Jackson Potter, Jed Lamb

Int (from): Mitch May, Aidan Pini, Tom Green, Andrejs Everitt, Andrew Moody, Blake Guthrie

Strong looking lineup but surely at least one of the emergencies will drop out.

Ainslie 1.0 5.0 8.1 14.2 86
Sydney Swans 4.3 6.9 12.11 16.14 110

Ainslie
Goal Kickers: M. Crook 5, M. Lawless 2, B. Hughes , R. Shirley , D. Bowles , J. Holmes , A. MATHIS , C. MATHIS , R. TUTT
Best Players: M. Crook, R. Shirley, J. GRIFFIN, D. Bowles, I. LAWLESS, D. Walker
Sydney Swans
Goal Kickers: T. DENNIS-LANE 4, J. MOORE 3, A. Pini 3, P. BEVAN 2, C. HEATH , M. SEABY , M. PYKE , J. Potter
Best Players: J. MOORE, M. SEABY, M. PYKE, J. LAMB, D. MCNEIL, C. MCKAIGUE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow that was a lot closer than I was expecting. For some reason I thought it was to be played tomorrow. Good to see Lamb in the best, mayhap a call up against Brisbane next week? Did wonders for Reid :)

To replace who? Maybe Alex Johnson but otherwise I dont know who would go out for him.

Not really concerned with who he could replace at this stage. Just want to know if he's in contention at all in the next couple of weeks.

Until White started showing some form in the past 2 weeks I would have liked to have seen Pyke in as the 2nd ruck/forward target. Can't see who he could replace at the moment though.

Win this and we got straight to the GF which i want so badly damn having to work saturday at the footy other wise id go down
The coaches might not be too unhappy if we lose, it will give us another game the following week which will be good if the seniors win the first final.

Not really concerned with who he could replace at this stage. Just want to know if he's in contention at all in the next couple of weeks.

Until White started showing some form in the past 2 weeks I would have liked to have seen Pyke in as the 2nd ruck/forward target. Can't see who he could replace at the moment though.

Actually I agreed with you prior to St Kilda game. And went through the gates at the ground almost dreading that Pyke wasnt playing but have changed my tune in the past 2 weeks. He may not quite have enough game time to figure into finals contention. Would have to wait and see how things played out this week I guess. 2 game sin reserves is probably not enough to bring him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back