2nds Reserves 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the go with Chris McKaigue, named in the best last week but not named to play this week? Also like to know how he has progressed and whether it's likely or not that he'll be retained?

I heard that he was suspended last week though I'm not sure for how long. I'm confident we'll give him another year.

I heard that he was suspended last week though I'm not sure for how long. I'm confident we'll give him another year.

McNeill and Gordon are both second year rookies and were only allowed to carry 1 into the third year spot. International rookie rules don't apply to Irish rookies in their third year.

For McKaigue to be given the spot both Gordon and McNeill need to be promoted to the senior list.... or one upgraded and one cut. Do we think either of those scenario's a likely option?

From the website:

The Sydney Swans reserves have moved through to September 17’s Eastern Conference Final after a convincing 63-point win over Ainslie at Canberra’s Manuka Oval this afternoon, final scores finishing 21.7 133 to 9.16 70.

In perfect footballing conditions, the Swans controlled the game from the outset and put recent goalkicking issues behind them, converting 75 per cent of their scoring opportunities.

The Swans kicked 13 goals to Ainslie’s six in the first half to open up a 39-point half time lead before locking down the game in the second half and restricting Ainslie to just three second half goals.

Nathan Gordon and Brett Meredith were again outstanding for the Swans, combining for eight of the Swans 21 goals. Jed Lamb, Mark Seaby, Dylan McNeil and top-up Mitchell May contributed two goals each.

Jarred Moore was again in everything and was named the Swans best, receiving able support from Campbell Heath and top-up Blake Guthrie.

The reserves will enjoy a weekend off before facing the winner of next weekend’s preliminary final in the Conference final. The winner of the Eastern Conference will face the winner of the Northern Conference, scheduled for Sunday September 25.

Sydney Swans 7.1 13.3 17.5 21.7 (133)
Ainslie 2.3 6.6 7.7 9.17 (71)

Goal Kickers: N. GORDON 5, B. MEREDITH 3, J. LAMB 2, M. SEABY 2, D. MCNEIL 2, M. May 2, T. Wales , M. PYKE , M. Crawford , J. MOORE , A. Moody

Best Players: J. MOORE, B. Guthrie, C. HEATH, N. GORDON, M. SEABY, J. Potter

Where's TDL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IM DYING

thats so sad his injuries really hurt him
He actually didn't do that well in the best lists up to Round 12, he did get some in Rounds 13 and 14 but hasn't played since then.

Off your game bedders. It'll be interesting to see how Seaby went, given that he would have been given first ruck duties over Currie in the games that they played together. Actually it will very interesting to see the discrepancies in the voting and the Swans coaches' voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back