2nds Reserves 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a tad concerned for Heath's knees as he was being helped off the ground unable to put any weight on his feet and seemingly in a lot of pain. But he was in the stand watching the final quarter with knees bent and up on railing, so whatever injury it was, it was probably not a knee.

How would our ressies go against Port Melbourne in the VFL?

Thats the standard they should be playing in.

Sorry, did we win the Grand Final? No? Then the standard we're playing in is fine.

I don't quite see how that works. Yes consistently over time playing in a league the standard of the VFL would improve the players, but considering we are not absolutely dominating the Canberra League it shows that there are areas that our players can improve on in the league they're playing in.

Keep in mind that as of next year we'll have three AFL quality clubs that we're playing against, that's not so bad.

I don't quite see how that works. Yes consistently over time playing in a league the standard of the VFL would improve the players, but considering we are not absolutely dominating the Canberra League it shows that there are areas that our players can improve on in the league they're playing in.

Keep in mind that as of next year we'll have three AFL quality clubs that we're playing against, that's not so bad.

Who GC and GWS 'Reserves'? With all due respect 'AFL quality' is highly debatable.

Time to accept it and move on.

Hey I accept it what choice do I have?
Yes I would like to see a traditional competition and actually follow games like nearly every other AFL competion in the world :p does, maybe even watch a few games on tv or better still live before the seniors like it should be, until then I have very little interest in the league our ressies will be playing in.
Im only interested in how certain players perform and that news is always secondhand so not always accurate.

Its just off season discussion. :)

Sorry, did we win the Grand Final? No? Then the standard we're playing in is fine.

While I don't have an issue with us playing in the ACTAFL (or NEAFL now), you have to compare like with like. We have restrictions on the number of listed Swans players who can play in the NEAFL, whereas the restrictions would be a little different playing in the VFL. And we would be allowed to have some senior supplementary players in the squad, since many of the underage Academy players wouldn't be physically equipped to play in the VFL.

We didn't win the GF but we were playing with just 12 listed players and were missing some of the more talented reserves players (eg Lamb, Johnston). One of our most influential players (Moore) was injured 5 minutes into the game, and another (Heath) shortly after half-time. I suspect they weren't the difference between us winning and losing, because too many of the other "senior" players simply didn't turn up to play. But the team did dominate every other opponent it played all year except for a two week period when they were down to a bare minimum of listed players.

Who GC and GWS 'Reserves'? With all due respect 'AFL quality' is highly debatable.

You mean the GWS reserves that beat ours.

Honestly this is a debate that has been done to death. We want to a Stand alone Reserves team out of Sydney which the VFL won't allow and that basically leaves us with option of handing control of out kids to another club and coaching panel.

Like it or not, our best option is our current one because it give the coaching staff what it wants and not the fans which is the important thing.

Oh and the Lions Reserves play in the Comp as well ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean the GWS reserves that beat ours.

Honestly this is a debate that has been done to death. We want to a Stand alone Reserves team out of Sydney which the VFL won't allow and that basically leaves us with option of handing control of out kids to another club and coaching panel.

Like it or not, our best option is our current one because it give the coaching staff what it wants and not the fans which is the important thing.

Oh and the Lions Reserves play in the Comp as well ;)
Who would have done it to death ? i'm too scared of ABH these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back