2nds Reserves Scratch Matches 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Great report thanks. One question, are some of our players not lean enough. I'm talking Taylor, Grey, Gould, Warner and even elijah taylor. I did get a chance to watch the scratchy as well and noticed taylor in particular looking very uncomfortable after a single high intensity effort. He seemed to then spend a couple of minutes on his haunches trying to recover.

How are you guys able to watch the scratch matches? Where do you get the footage?

McLean - Kicked 3 goals from 4 shots from very limited opportunities as the ball didn't see our forward 50 much. Really not sure what else he can do. He's taking marks as a forward, and he's kicking goals as a forward. Tick, tick.
Probably has to kill Reid with his bare hands atm.
Think Reid is keeping him out of the side (undeservedly, but I digress), but hopefully he comes in with McCartin down back.[/b]

I'm not sure if I like the tinkering of roles given the circumstances this year. Guys like Rowles and O'Connor have very limited opportunities to show what they can do this year before they are potentially culled. Play them in the roles they were drafted in and they'll either make it or they won't, but shifting them around so much to "challenge them" I don't think achieves anything with only a month left to prove themselves.

Bit hard to play O’Connor in a position he was drafted in given he has never played the game at any other level before lol

Bit hard to play O’Connor in a position he was drafted in given he has never played the game at any other level before lol

LOL! I have watched a few scratchies too.
I think he means sometimes O'Connor is asked to contest ruck!
He has NFI! seems completely lost.
Concern about what Swans coaches seek in a ruckman?! (or maybe (hope) all others were injured that day?)

LOL! I have watched a few scratchies too.
I think he means sometimes O'Connor is asked to contest ruck!
He has NFI! seems completely lost.
Concern about what Swans coaches seek in a ruckman?! (or maybe (hope) all others were injured that day?)

Honestly I think they're just testing O'Connor in every position that they can this year and we won't see him until 2021. We've got a good track record with Irish kids and he has a crazy sporting pedigree.

C88's point the BOC hilarity aside is a fair one. It would be good to see players playing in spots they excelled in before we developed them as back pockets.

C88's point the BOC hilarity aside is a fair one. It would be good to see players playing in spots they excelled in before we developed them as back pockets.

Not even sure why the point about BOC is hilarious. The club said he was a defender, had trained as a defender before signing, and had trained as a defender since signing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your reply to Mase , i could say that to you on a fair few posts !

My reply to Mase... that we took O'Connor as a defender... and what am I supposed to be "getting out of"?

Gone over my head obviously.

Honestly I think they're just testing O'Connor in every position that they can this year and we won't see him until 2021. We've got a good track record with Irish kids and he has a crazy sporting pedigree.

Is it a good record when we've not had an irish player make it since Kennelly?

We're going at like 1 in 5 or so, tho ORiordan could yet improve on that.

Is it a good record when we've not had an irish player make it since Kennelly?

We're going at like 1 in 5 or so, tho ORiordan could yet improve on that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't our last 3 irish players Kennelly, Walsh, and O'Riordan? Walsh was originally picked up by St Kilda and then traded to us, kicked a couple of goals early on and then didn't he do some career ending injury to his leg? Injuries happen sometimes unfortunately. I'd say COR is shaping up as a success. There are no guarantees when it comes to player development obviously, but he looks like he's on the right track. So 1 win, 1 felled by injury, 1 on the way, with O'Connor still to come. I'm pretty happy with that.

No different to our record with rookies. More misses than hits.

The law of averages says in anything you do you will have more misses than hits.

The Beatles and the Stones had more misses than they did hits, but that doesn't make Hey Jude or Paint It Black any less great.

I'd say we've had more success where rookies are concerned than probably any other club.

The law of averages says in anything you do you will have more misses than hits.

The Beatles and the Stones had more misses than they did hits, but that doesn't make Hey Jude or Paint It Black any less great.

I'd say we've had more success where rookies are concerned than probably any other club.
God help us The Beatles and Stones in a Ressies thread .

If your list is 45 including rookies and only 22 can play at anyone time then you will have plenty of misses. That’s the law of averages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back