2nds Reserves Scratch Matches 2020

cherub

All Australian
Aug 12, 2009
Shenton Park
AFL Club
Sydney
So Freo have a gallery of photos of the scrimmage match up already. Why haven't the Swans? Hard to tell from Freo photos, but I hope Travis Colyer wasn't beating Matt Ling, or Bailey Banfield beating Kaiden Brand.

Harley Bennell finally in the red and white :cool:

EhM-_0PUMAEjovj

Alright, this feels weird.

It is like two under 8's teams turning up and one team not having enough players so the other team lends them a player or two.
Reminds me of the time when the ressies were playing in the AFL Canberra league and the worst team in the comp by a long way were the Canberra Wildcats (formerly Weston Creek). So instead of playing the match and winning by 250 points (no exaggeration) the Swans decided to forfeit the 4 points, mix the teams so they could get in some competitive matchplay.

HighReeve

Anything will grow in Wessex
Sep 27, 2003
the north. (/melb)
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brotherhood Without Banners
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't our last 3 irish players Kennelly, Walsh, and O'Riordan? Walsh was originally picked up by St Kilda and then traded to us, kicked a couple of goals early on and then didn't he do some career ending injury to his leg? Injuries happen sometimes unfortunately. I'd say COR is shaping up as a success. There are no guarantees when it comes to player development obviously, but he looks like he's on the right track. So 1 win, 1 felled by injury, 1 on the way, with O'Connor still to come. I'm pretty happy with that.

Missed this one.
I like O'Riordan and hope he makes it, but Kennelly is still the only success and he started out 20 years ago. Seems generous to assess that as a good record.
Walsh I think was just ordinary. He returned to the Irish game.

There are a few others that didnt make it

Declan OMahoney in 2002.
Brendan Murphy 2007
Kyle Coney 2008
Chrissy Mckaigue 2009

I think thats it

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Alright, this feels weird.

It is like two under 8's teams turning up and one team not having enough players so the other team lends them a player or two.

Under 8s?!?

This happened with me playing footy right through until under 17/18 level when I was younger.

By the way, it’s been happening a fair bit during these scrimmages (making up numbers).

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Missed this one.
I like O'Riordan and hope he makes it, but Kennelly is still the only success and he started out 20 years ago. Seems generous to assess that as a good record.
Walsh I think was just ordinary. He returned to the Irish game.

There are a few others that didnt make it

Declan OMahoney in 2002.
Brendan Murphy 2007
Kyle Coney 2008
Chrissy Mckaigue 2009

I think thats it
Kennelly had a better grounding playing VFL . I saw his first game at Port and went wow when he blind turned around 2 Bombers. It was a wet day , but he stood out.

Back