Reservior Lakeside Return?

Remove this Banner Ad

A rumour going around that the old club will try to exit the entity that merged back in the late 90's.
With West Preston playing on their old ground where would be the ideal place for them to call home now?
Would they revert back to their white guernsey with a red vee?
Would they still go with lakies if they don't play near the lake.
Keon Park don't have a seniors, would they head there?

A rumour going around that the old club will try to exit the entity that merged back in the late 90's.
With West Preston playing on their old ground where would be the ideal place for them to call home now?

Interesting you would have to think the jumper would be ok but I'm not too sure about the name also you would want to have access to juniors if you want to establish a viable club!

There's no senior tenant on the top ground across form 7/11 I'd imagine they'd play there if this occurred. Can't see it happening, there's barely any clubs in the Preston/Rezza area as it is but it's still a battle for weaker clubs to draw numbers.

There's no senior tenant on the top ground across form 7/11 I'd imagine they'd play there if this occurred. Can't see it happening, there's barely any clubs in the Preston/Rezza area as it is but it's still a battle for weaker clubs to draw numbers.

That's a little small for a senior ground isn't it?
Also I'd say that it's also to close to West Preston ans i don't think there's any change rooms as the ones there are for the cricket???.

Would be good to get a true top flight Reservoir team back

That's a little small for a senior ground isn't it?
Also I'd say that it's also to close to West Preston ans i don't think there's any change rooms as the ones there are for the cricket???.

Would be good to get a true top flight Reservoir team back

Yep, you're not wrong actually, been a while since I've been back out that way, the ground indeed probably is too small.

Would be fantastic to see if they can get it together.

Maybe they can go back to Crispe Park and merge with Reservoir. That's where their origins started.

Was that the original Fawkner Park?

On a side note that is connected slightly, i always wondered how many clubs are namednafter a suburb they don't actually play in?

On a side note that is connected slightly, i always wondered how many clubs are namednafter a suburb they don't actually play in?
I don't believe Reservoir Lakeside were ever connected to Fawkner Park, footy fumbler.
Reservoir made their debut in the DVFL in 1931.
1948 was their final season and they transferred to the Metropolitan league in 1949.
They were invited back to the DVFL in 1951 but declined, the committee split and Lakeside Rovers were formed and joined the DVFL in 1951.
A few years later they changed their name to Reservoir Lakeside and played at the Lakeside oval.
I will stand corrected if any-ones research is better than mine.

Lakeside won't be coming back

There's nothing left of the club but history

When clubs fold or merge and soccer takes over the ground it's dead forever

Plus demographics of the area doesn't lend itself to another club in the vicinity of west Preston and reservoir

Heidelberg West ground is in Heidelberg and North Heidelberg is in Heidelberg West!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back