Multiplat Resident Evil 4 Remake

Original or Remake - what's the best experience?

• Original

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Remake

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
We were clearly lacking a dedicated thread for this one. How is everyone enjoying the latest in a long slew of remakes?

The original RE4 is one of the GOATs and it took me a few hours to adjust to this version of the game. I'm about halfway through the castle area now and loving it.

I'm missing the silly dialogue, OG red dot sight for every gun and non-stop arcade style flow of the original.

On the other hand the way the areas have been redesigned to allow proper backtracking to explore and unlock treasures is superb. Ashley is vastly improved here as well.

I'll be doing what I did with RE-Make's 2 & 3 - wait until they are $20-$30 then pounce! I'm interested but not deeply invested (and this is coming from someone who liked the series from it's early PSX days). I do recall playing RE4 on PS2 (long after the Nintendo release) and I've collected and recollected RE4 (and other entries in the series) multiple times over on pc and xbox/playstation.

The castle section in the original RE4 gave me major motion sickness, I wonder what happens in the RE-Make :p

Just finished the Castle and damn, they completely redesigned most of it. A lot of it was a vast improvement though.

The island is very much the same layout so far, but I would say they've improved the feel and atmosphere so that it actually feels like a continuation of the previous areas.

I'll be doing what I did with RE-Make's 2 & 3 - wait until they are $20-$30 then pounce! I'm interested but not deeply invested (and this is coming from someone who liked the series from it's early PSX days). I do recall playing RE4 on PS2 (long after the Nintendo release) and I've collected and recollected RE4 (and other entries in the series) multiple times over on pc and xbox/playstation.

The castle section in the original RE4 gave me major motion sickness, I wonder what happens in the RE-Make :p
Keep checking the PS Store. Both were $13 each last week (back to $54 atm). I reckon any new sale that comes along now for those games will have that price ($13).

Keeping checking the PS Store. Both were $13 each last week (back to $54 atm). I reckon any new sale that comes along now for those games will have that price ($13).

I basically purchased 2 and 3 that way over a year ago. Funny thing is after about $80... I own 2 and 3 on both Xbox and PC.

I was having a nightmare trying to beat krauser on professional skill level. So of course I turned to watching speedruns on twitch to get strats.
I got the strats I needed from a streamer call qtt . His strats worked a treat.

RE4 is my all time fave game. Finished it on Gamecube, Wii, XBOX 360, PS3. REmake is great. Gunplay took a little getting used to. Ashley not being a complete gimp was a nice improvement. Like the new merchant challenges and crafting. I remember headshots being deadlier early game in the original, so that took a bit being used to. Bolt gun i feel is useless apart from maybe the mine attachment.
Having a blast overall though.
Looking forward to mercenaries mode being added.

I basically purchased 2 and 3 that way over a year ago. Funny thing is after about $80... I own 2 and 3 on both Xbox and PC.

I started up Biohazard the other day, it takes a bit of getting used to but I will play it in sessions I reckon. I tried RE1 remastered a couple times but couldn’t get into it. I reckon RE2, 3 and 4 are the sweep spot for me as they are remakes. Interested to get into this series.

I started up Biohazard the other day, it takes a bit of getting used to but I will play it in sessions I reckon. I tried RE1 remastered a couple times but couldn’t get into it. I reckon RE2, 3 and 4 are the sweep spot for me as they are remakes. Interested to get into this series.

It's an acquired taste, I remember hiring RE1 on Playststion in the late 90s and not having a clue what to do/where to go but enjoyed it. The original RE 2 was one of the few games to give me jump scares (oops lol... one of the only others was Arkham Asylum at a bit late in the game where everything shuts down, making me think the console died!).

Only played the original RE 3 on pc.
Waited till RE4 was on ps2 before I got to play it, liked it (and have purchases + repurchased it across multiple releases again on pc, xbox 360, xbox one etc).

Strangely RE 5 Is a personal favourite of mine. I liked the gameplay and co-op nature of the game.

Hated RE 6, it wasn't so much the gameplay, the loading times just passed me off!!

VII and VIII were alright!

As mentioned I went on a history binge when Microsoft had a game sale several years ago and most of the RE back catalogue was cheap (RE HD, RE 0 HD, Revelations etc).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid question from someone who's never played a Resident Evil game:

Can I play this remake of 4 without having played any other RE games?

its just killing zombies

Can’t see a RE 4 remake thread on here. It looks like that game has received a non-sale permanent price drop on PS Store and is now priced at $54.95.

RPCB here ya go, surprisingly dead thread for the best game of the lot!

Damn, I did Google and couldn’t find this thread. Thanks mate. :)

Back