Multiplat Resident Evil Village

Remove this Banner Ad

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
5 hours until the embargo lifts, wish they would stick with third person but still interested just hope it's better than 7.

berisha

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Burnley, San Jose Sharks
Critic reviews coming in are positive (fairly useless barometer).

Not sure why you think that. Generally if a game is good it gets good reviews, as in this case.

Anyway, our review is live – I didn't review it but I have played it and I really enjoyed it. And RE is my favourite series, so you could say I am a fan.

May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure why you think that. Generally if a game is good it gets good reviews, as in this case.

Anyway, our review is live – I didn't review it but I have played it and I really enjoyed it. And RE is my favourite series, so you could say I am a fan.

RE3 Remake got good critic reviews.

The fans told a most honest story, as it was a poor game considering what the original was.

RE2 Remake was unanimous it's praise from critics and fans, and quite right.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
RE3 Remake got good critic reviews.

The fans told a most honest story, as it was a poor game considering what the original was.

RE2 Remake was unanimous it's praise from critics and fans, and quite right.
RE3 remale scored 78 and was a solid but short game, nothing wrong with that.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Very keen for this. RE7 was exactly what the franchise needed after the woeful train wreck that was RE6.

If it's similar enough to RE7 then I'm in. Reviews sound promising.

May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
RE3 remale scored 78 and was a solid but short game, nothing wrong with that.

Massively cut content from the original; no puzzles, no spiders, no clock tower, no gravedigger, no graveyard, lacklustre boss battles, no decision paths.

The demo made it seem Nemesis would be stalking the player throughout the game, instead it turned into an action-on-rails shooter.

Good game maybe, there are no bugs, the RE Engine is amazing but the expectation was it was an actual remake and not cut content.

berisha

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Burnley, San Jose Sharks
RE3 Remake certainly wasn't as good as RE2 Remake, but everyone knows that.

What about The Last of Us Part II – adored by critics but loathed by a large number of players, most who believe the game was pushing an agenda.

Critic reviews, just like fan opinions are subjective. There are some that will like it and some that won't. I'd say you should find critics that align to your tastes.

As someone who has played Village (and didn't really like the back half of RE7), Village is a good mix of RE4 and RE7. If you like both of those you should have a good time.

nicko99

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Western Warriors
Anyone playing on hardcore difficulty and can't get past the first major fight scene?

The enemies are bullet sponges, put 2 shotgun bullets and they are still alive...

Just read about it.
apparently its a cutscene section

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Going to get stuck into this sometime during the weekend, is it really only 10 hours long or did I misread that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

berisha

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Burnley, San Jose Sharks
It's not as good as 7 imo.

But I like 7 quite alot.
While I prefer Village over 7 overall personally, the first half of 7 is very good.

I think because it's not as new this time around (the first-person change up, new characters etc.), the wow factor isn't there.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Going to get stuck into this sometime during the weekend, is it really only 10 hours long or did I misread that?
I think the castle bit at the start of the game is almost half the game. People get thrown off because there are four areas in the game but two of them are about an hour long each. Not digging this game at all unfortunately.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I think the castle bit at the start of the game is almost half the game. People get thrown off because there are four areas in the game but two of them are about an hour long each. Not digging this game at all unfortunately.

Thinking of returning my copy and putting the money towards my Ratchet and Clank pre order

Did enjoy RE7 but I can get into this one for some reason after playing RE2/RE3 remakes it doesn't seem right playing Village

Remove this Banner Ad

Back