Mr Crow!

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2004
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
If I were coach of Australian, and the NZ team did the Haka, I would have my team stand in a line, and turn their backs to them. Why hasn't anyone done this before? Why do we put up with this Haka rubbish?

A while ago the aussies were instructed to continue with warm ups at the opposite end of the field when the kiwis did their haka and it hasn't been done since because the kiwis were so fired up they came out and smashed us.

The procedure at the moment is pretty good, where the wallabies keep their track suits on for the haka so they dont have to get into the action straight after the haka and can waste some time and let the kiwis cool off while throwing their tracksuits away.

Turning your back on the haka isn't a good idea.

O.K. I'll be the one to stick his neck out.

It would be fairly safe to assume that any person needing an explanation (as to why this Rugby institution should be respected) would not understand the explanation.

Aussies have a larakin nature... that is OUR tradition. So what would the Kiwi's think if our side stood in a line, turned their backs to them, then dropped their shorts and gave them the full moon???

Mr Crow! said:
Aussies have a larakin nature... that is OUR tradition. So what would the Kiwi's think if our side stood in a line, turned their backs to them, then dropped their shorts and gave them the full moon???

We'd think it was normal behaviour.

Recent matches show that ignoring the Haka generally leads to be smashed.

Simply not a good idea.

I remember once when Campo just ran about doing a few kicks on his own whilst the rest of the Aussies stood in a line & 'respected' it.

A few years ago the England players got right up close to them & it got a bit ugly, our hooker & their hooker had a bit of argy bargy from that.

It all added to the occasion for me.

DIPPER said:
I remember once when Campo just ran about doing a few kicks on his own whilst the rest of the Aussies stood in a line & 'respected' it.

A few years ago the England players got right up close to them & it got a bit ugly, our hooker & their hooker had a bit of argy bargy from that.

It all added to the occasion for me.

What? Thompson and Mealamu? Can't imagine that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back