walshy1993

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2000
Melbourne, (ESSENDON)
thought u would all be interested
the boys have played two games, lost both but looked very promising

wally and fletch played the first game and look fit
all the new blokes have shown a ton of class

michael davis played the first game and was very hard at the ball, got a ton of the ball

james davies played on saturday and showed why the club has put so much faith in him, freakish skills, lightning quick, did fall in and out of the game a bit but thats to be expected, did one thing the was rioli like

marc bullen, prob be in the votes both games, played on ball, half back,very hard at it, i think is suffering from leather poisoning, had a lot of the ball, good skills

jordan bannister, didnt do much the first game, but was really good yesterday, had a fair bit of it and used it well, works pretty hard, good hands

adrian uze, brother of adam, much the same player, looks a good prospect, top up player

josh mahony, in the votes in both games, kicked 4 or 5 in the first, ex coll and wb but im a wrap for him, looks as if he has a lot to offer

ted richards, bit quiet the first game but was awesome yesterday playing key back, took a heap of good grabs, gave clint bizzel a bit of a bath, looks very very good

james podsiadly, most of u would have seen him last year but he has improved truck loads over summer, great leap and played as a useful ruckman, took a few good grabs

jeremy dukes, another top up player, did some good things, hard at it, good skills, played key back and did well

ken hall, a tassie boy, looks very classy, very hard working, good skills, can in a few possies and does it well

marcus kenny, rookie listed player, played first game, rotating in the ruck and did well considering he probably isnt tall enough, but does seem to be something there

dustin jones, the american guy, sadly has to go home this week, but played yesterday,didnt get much of a run but seems to have a fair bit of natural ability, would be good to see him get more of a run

that about covers it, boys play at optus oval against carlton at 3:00pm on friday
hopfully u can get down there and see these guys for yourselves

Hey Walshy,
You forgot to mention one tiny little detail.
Now correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't Geelong win by 15 goals?!!

If all your boys played well, then how good were ours?

Who was playing on Baldwin? Anyone at all?

[This message has been edited by Catters01 (edited 25 February 2001).]

Originally posted by Catters01:
Hey Walshy,
You forgot to mention one tiny little detail.
Now correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't Geelong win by 15 goals?!!

If all your boys played well, then how good were ours?

Who was playing on Baldwin? Anyone at all?

[This message has been edited by Catters01 (edited 25 February 2001).]

essendon had three guys who had played senior footy, lalich, bolton and josh mahoney
on top of this for 80% of the side it was only the second time they had played together

geelong had pretty much a full squad to choose from essendon had 13 top up players

Walshy
Thanks for that report, it is very hard to find out what is happening with the ressies here, sounds like we have a bit of talent in the youn guys.
Cheers

------------------

Remove this Banner Ad

Back