Rest In Peace Rohan Robertson, 80s Shinboner

Remove this Banner Ad

26 games in the mid 80s , debuting on the same day as his brother for those of us old enough to remember .

Will be remembered as a great guy, and a barrel of laughs.

Rest In Peace Kanga .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Yep, remember RoHan quite well actually, as I thought he had quite a bit of talent & potential.

While he played prior to the father-son rule days, I'm fairly certain his dad also played a few games for us back in the day.

Yep, remember RoHan quite well actually, as I thought he had quite a bit of talent & potential.

While he played prior to the father-son rule days, I'm fairly certain his dad also played a few games for us back in the day.

I’m guessing the brothers would have been eligible under both father-son and zone. I think at least one of the brothers played O&M for Wang Rovers (?).

Vale Rohan.

I remember them. Shane and Rohan. Didn't play many games but both made their debut against in Round 3 against Carlton in 1985. Three sets of brothers were in the side that day.

Their father, Keith, played for North in the 1960s.
Remember being there that game at Princess Park which I think was Kanga Kennedy's first win as coach of NM. Managed to sneak into the rooms afterwards and saw the Robertson boys.

That was an epic win btw. Something like 26 points down at the 27 min mark of the last quarter and won it with a David Dwyer mongrel punt goal with about 2 sec left on the clock. The Krakouer boys and Rosco Glendenning had it on a string at the end.

Sad news. RIP

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan's debut. Great game.

It was a great game. We looked gone for all money but just kept plugging away. Couldn’t believe David Dwyer kicked that goal. Donald McDonald kicked 6 and looked like a superstar CHF in the making. Oh well, had to wait a few more years for that.

Sad news 😢 I’m sure father, Keith (Manager) and Rohan (Runner) were involved in an O&M Schoolboy carnival I played in (1980)
His father, Keith was a ripper and was definitely O&M schoolboys Team Manager when I played the next year (1981). Was a great time to be a Roos supporting O&M young fella and managed to have a few run arounds on Arden St with a few blokes who went on to play a lot of good footy for North.

Rohan was a close friend, who did his best work off the field, he was one of the biggest pranksters known to man. However he was part of the recruiting teams at both North and Sydney, he had recruited a lot of players from both sides in the 1996 Grand final, including getting Lockett to Sydney for peanuts. He was also the main man that selected the inaugural Port Adelaide side, He came up with the idea to pay 10 16-17yo's $60k each to stay out of the draft, to be picked up in the following years pre season draft, 6 of those 17yo's were a part of the Power's premiership win on 2004. He will be missed. R.I.P. Rohan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back