RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
22 points (five wins, one draw, eight losses), 101.8 per cent
The Suns kept the slimmest of finals hopes alive with Sunday night's thumping of North Melbourne. Although they would be longer odds of making the eight than 2015 Melbourne Cup winner Prince of Penzance, they can start an unlikely charge with victory over Brisbane in the round 16 QClash. Not only does Gold Coast need to win all three remaining games, it must also rely on teams above them losing, which becomes more problematic with so many combatants playing one another. - Michael Whiting

The run home
R16: Brisbane @ the Gabba
R17: Collingwood @ the Gabba
R18: Hawthorn @ TBC

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I can’t buy what this thread is trying to sell
The purpose of this thread is really just for our supporters to stay informed on what needs to happen for us to secure our highest ever ladder finish. We're currently 13th on the ladder and 12th is our highest ever finish.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The purpose of this thread is really just for our supporters to stay informed on what needs to happen for us to secure our highest ever ladder finish. We're currently 13th on the ladder and 12th is our highest ever finish.

When there’s a draft I feel a bit torn. I want us to win games for sure but in regards to matches not involving us I tend to want the teams below us to win so that there’s a silver lining there when we don’t win our matches.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
When there’s a draft I feel a bit torn. I want us to win games for sure but in regards to matches not involving us I tend to want the teams below us to win so that there’s a silver lining there when we don’t win our matches.
Don't be too concerned with this year's draft. It is extremely compromised and we have automatic access to two players who would have otherwise been first round picks. We will essentially be bringing in three first round picks this year if we keep our first round pick. Although I wouldn't be surprised if we trade our first rounder for another club's 2021 first rounder given the circumstances.

The confidence the boys will get from finishing higher than any team in Suns history WITHOUT Matty Rowell will hold us in good stead going forward.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Did anyone see yesterday's interview with Bowes? He said "mathematically we're still a chance" with a smirk on his face when being asked about finals. I'd say it's an indication that internally they are still holding out hope that they can play finals this year. That's the kind of mentality you want to keep momentum going. Don't give up.

So I decided to have a little look at St Kilda's draw for the rest of the season and discovered that the result of today's game could really open things up for multiple teams below the Saints. St Kilda are currently 10 points ahead of us on the ladder and play Hawthorn today. From there they play West Coast and GWS which should be very tough games.

Basically what I'm saying is if Hawthorn beat the Saints this afternoon then it's entirely possible St Kilda will lose their remaining two games for the season and create another potential pathway into the top 8 for multiple teams below them (including us). So hopefully Clarko is feeling the heat from all these accusations of tanking and the Hawks actually show up to play today.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Saints are resting Max King and are without Tim Membrey. Upset could be coming...

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
i tipped the hawks for our cause (hawks $4)
Hawthorn really pushed them but the Saints were too good in the end. That's okay. We still have the Collingwood pathway.

A result that would affect that pathway is the Eagles vs Bulldogs game tonight. A West Coast win helps our cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
This is my ladder predictor (us beating Brisbane and Hawthorn, losing to Collingwood(due to the short break))

What it shows though, is how important Wednesday night is for Brisbane. They can't really afford to lose to us if they want that top 2 spot guaranteed. Following us, they play Carlton and Sydney who they 'should' beat

1599387380935.png

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Fremantle looks like they've gotten up. The door remains open. We win Wednesday and we are only 1,5 games outside the eight

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Fremantle winning only really helps us if we can win some games from here considering they just jumped us on the ladder.

I doubt it's going to happen but a Crows win over the Giants tomorrow night would keep doors open for us and other teams around us on the ladder.

Would be great to get the win over Brisbane on Wednesday night. We would jump up to 11th on the ladder and keep the unlikely finals dream alive.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fremantle winning only really helps us if we can win some games from here considering they just jumped us on the ladder.

I doubt it's going to happen but a Crows win over the Giants tomorrow night would keep doors open for us and other teams around us on the ladder.

Would be great to get the win over Brisbane on Wednesday night. We would jump up to 11th on the ladder and keep the unlikely finals dream alive.
Don't rule it out, Giants with some big outs. Williams, Perryman, Mumford, Daniels.

Adelaide boys would have a bit of belief after their win, seen worse teams in the last month. Eg. Essendon

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Yeah, but big difference between beating hawthorn and GWS.
GWS kicked 2 goals in 3 quarters of football and stole a win against Carlton last week. I'll give Adelaide the same chance to beat GWS at home to us beating Brisbane at the GABBA. Slim but do able

GWS kicked 2 goals in 3 quarters of football and stole a win against Carlton last week. I'll give Adelaide the same chance to beat GWS at home to us beating Brisbane at the GABBA. Slim but do able
Yeah.
They arent travelling as well as they should. Its possible no doubt.

Back