Toast Retirement: Josh J Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Franklin-> Brown-> Pavlich-> Riewoldt-> Tredrea -> Kennedy-> Hawkins-> J.Riewoldt -> Walker.

It’s hard to rate them as it’s so much harder to dominate games as a CHF in todays games. To me all of N.Riewoldt, Brown, Pavlich and even Tredrea had periods in their career where they were just ripping games apart on the regular. I never got that from the J.Riewoldt, Kennedy, Hawkins but it may not be because they were worse footballers but more to do with the era they played in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome career.

Best player to come out of Northampton by a margin

Well, it's funny you should say that, because two of the top three East Fremantle players in the AFL (i.e., AFL only, not VFL) came from Northampton- JK and Harry Taylor. (For the record, the third EF great was Simon Black).

JK is my wife's screensaver. Every time the phone rings up he pops with his Fred Flintstone bowling routine run-up. But even if he wasn't from the mighty Sharks I'd still love the guy. Hardly ever gets dark on his teammates, and is always encouraging. Top bloke, it's been great to follow his career, even if it was mainly to point out to the missus that an old lady crush on a young man is not the most edifying thing.

Franklin-> Brown-> Pavlich-> Riewoldt-> Tredrea -> Kennedy-> Hawkins-> J.Riewoldt -> Walker.

Ah yes the severe underrating of Richmond players continues. Jack should be behind Nick in that list. Can’t believe you are saying he is just a little better than Walker.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kennedy is a far better player, dont be ridiculous.

Well Jack beats him Coleman’s, smashes him in club leading goal kickers and career goals and out scored the whole GWS team in the 2019 GF. He also was a prime factor for his clubs 3 flags compared to 1. So yeah maybe take off your interstate goggles.

Great player, better than Hawkins by a mile and just behind Jack imo. Kennedy by far was the most accurate kick of the 3, such a weapon in his prime.

Well Jack beats him Coleman’s, smashes him in club leading goal kickers and career goals and out scored the whole GWS team in the 2019 GF. He also was a prime factor for his clubs 3 flags compared to 1. So yeah maybe take off your interstate goggles.

I get it everyone has always loved to pile s**t on Darling but the simple fact is only 62 men have kicked 500 goals in history and Darling almost certainly will join that group soon. Kennedy had someone take goals from him for majority of his time at WC.

Riewoldt had Richo alongside him at the start of his career and Lynch towards the back end but I don’t remember a decent key forward with at least 400 goals for Richmond in the time between Richo’s retirement and Tigers landing Lynch whom played alongside Jack Riewoldt?

I get it everyone has always loved to pile s**t on Darling but the simple fact is only 62 men have kicked 500 goals in history and Darling almost certainly will join that group soon. Kennedy had someone take goals from him for majority of his time at WC.

Riewoldt had Richo alongside him at the start of his career and Lynch towards the back end but I don’t remember a decent key forward with at least 400 goals for Richmond in the time between Richo’s retirement and Tigers landing Lynch whom played alongside Jack Riewoldt?

Nobody as we were a wooden spoon team. Lucky they could deliver the ball at all to Jack. Hawkins certainly didn’t have that problem, has had elite delivery his whole career. The fact he hasn’t kicked 800 goals yet and only won one Coleman is embarrassing.

Jack has more Coleman’s due to Kennedys injuries at his peak, would’ve easily had at least one more.

Career goals the same as proven by the fact he averages more.

Despite Jack flat tracking vs gws kennedys kicked far more final goals.

I thought you’d be able to appreciate his greatness after last season, a far better player than junktime.

Jack has more Coleman’s due to Kennedys injuries at his peak, would’ve easily had at least one more.

Career goals the same as proven by the fact he averages more.

Despite Jack flat tracking vs gws kennedys kicked far more final goals.

I thought you’d be able to appreciate his greatness after last season, a far better player than junktime.

Junktime Jack aye? IMG_4579.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back