Toast Retirement: Josh J Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought this deserved a MB thread. A wonderful player who brought fear to opposing backlines for 17 years, and always played the game with class.

Impossible not to like – congrats on a great career, JK.

Giddy up Josh

1873ccead6bc2570c86cb5a0ab22a2951f789112

2x Coleman medallist
3x AA
1x Premiership
292 games
715 goals

Cracking career. You'd sign off to that from day 1 if they offered it to you!

Undoubtedly one of the great forwards of the 2010s. JK, Hawkins and Buddy and probably the big 3 from that era for me.

Fantastic player - at his absolutely peak just for a moment probably had a claim at being Buddy’s equal during a time when Buddy was not at his Best But not far from it. Seems a ripping bloke and carried that forward line for a long time

Undoubtedly one of the great forwards of the 2010s. JK, Hawkins and Buddy and probably the big 3 from that era for me.
No room for Jack Reiwoldt?

Buddy is clear number 1 and then JK,JR & TH the next clear big three

Thought this deserved a MB thread. A wonderful player who brought fear to opposing backlines for 17 years, and always played the game with class.

Impossible not to like – congrats on a great career, JK.

2nd best player from a West Australian team to retire this week. Solid effort JJK.

This will get one set of fans enraged

At his best he was just behind Franklin

No room for Jack Reiwoldt?

Buddy is clear number 1 and then JK,JR & TH the next clear big three

It’s interesting that none of those 4 are what you’d call similar to each other outside of the position they play and the high quantity of goals they’ve ticked.

One pure athlete with freak skill who is oddly average as a mark for such a big skilful guy but incredible at ground level.

One almost pure lead out full forward: just run mark and kick relentlessly.

One contested beast who has surprisingly elite general disposal skills but just happens to be built like a tank

One who is a little bit of a hybrid who has developed his all round skill as he’s gotten older

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love it when my club picks the right player with their early draft pick - good drafting right there :cool:

It was hard watching him play and dominate seasons when we didnt have a full forward after the Fev debacle. Stutter step aside, what a champion

I’d imagine the hurt of watching Kennedy turn into such a champion is lessened by the impact of Judd to some degree but geez it must be shattering to think of what you could have got from Fev if he wasn’t such a basket case

2x Coleman medallist
3x AA
1x Premiership
292 games
715 goals

Cracking career. You'd sign off to that from day 1 if they offered it to you!

Will unfortunately fall 7 games short of the 300 club (still only one Eagle to have cracked that mark) but an amazing career indeed and achieved just about everything you could ask for.

Even though he's clearly on his last legs (figuratively and literally) he will be missed at West Coast.

Absolutely one of the best FF in his time. He goes into that Category with Hawkins and Riewoldt, and just a rung below the greatest ever in Franklin. WC the absolute winner of that trade with Carlton. His value to WC was worth more than Judd to Carlton.

Where does he rank in terms of Eagles greats?

Where does he rank in terms of Eagles greats?

Top 10 at the very least, nudging top 5

Peter Matera
Dean Cox
Chris Judd
Ben Cousins
The clear top 4 for mine

Would be in contention for that 5th spot with Jakovich and probably others I'm forgetting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back