List Mgmt. Retirements and delistings 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with brown... others werent playing much at all the past 2 seasons anyway

28 games total this season between Moloney, ash, polks, browny, Raines,

So hardly affects our on field experience week to week. If anything we've lost more of their experience from last year to this year than this year to next.

Im thinking we have three retirees that we know already. There will be a further 3/4 delistings.

So outs.

Brown,
Moloney,
McGrath

Most likely

Lisle,
Raines,
Polkinghorne,
Michael

Maybe

Wearden
Golby

Could happen not likely

Staker
Maguire

Upgrades

O'brien
Bourke

Likely to only have 1 live pick
My tip three academy picks for senior list plus two f/s or academy rookie picks.
So retirements are

Browny
Ash
Beamer

Delisted/left club

Rainsey
Conway
Lisle
Weardon
Sam Michael
Hayes
Polkinghorne

Am I correct here??
25% of the senior list!!

So can we terminate a rookie inside the two years? Or does it just mean we pay him out?

Actual rookies (i.e. those on the rookie list) only get single year contracts. Senior listed players (those taken in the National and Pre-Season Drafts) get a minimum of two years if it's their first time being drafted.

So retirements are

Browny
Ash
Beamer

Delisted/left club

Rainsey
Conway
Lisle
Weardon
Sam Michael
Hayes
Polkinghorne

Am I correct here??
25% of the senior list!!

Only 7 of those players are from the senior list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for Izzie if he is to be cut but if we have our Academy boys in our sights then there probably isn't the room.

Surely with the amount of retirements/trade requests we'll have Conway will stay for 1, maybe 2 more years to get a chance.

Sheesh! Always a bad time of the year when delistings are formalised. Best wishes to all those guys.

I feel that some have had a fair run and shouldn't feel too hard done by (Raines, Polks and Lisle), while others were teetering on the brink and just couldn't get a decent run to fall over the line (Michael, Hayes, Wearden).

With the retirements, this leaves the senior list at 33 and the Rookies at 3 (ZOB, Bourke & Archie Smith). Archie was always going to get another year, while either or both of Bourke and ZOB could be upgraded for 2015. Given that ZOB is only one year in the Rookies, it may be opportune for the club to leave him there and upgrade Bourke (two years). We may never know how close Bourke was to being delisted and was perhaps pushed across the line by a good showing in the Geelong game.

A couple of the above must have been borderline decisions, and it just underlines the cut-throat business it is.

Bourke, O'Brien and Smith the rookies to survive. Fair chance one of Bourke or O'Brien gets upgraded.

Makes me think the club has a few thoughts on unheralded players to take as rookies. Possibly a few academy, possibly one or two international.

EDIT: Actually, are international rookies even counted against the max allowed?

Bourke, O'Brien and Smith the rookies to survive. Fair chance one of Bourke or O'Brien gets upgraded.

Makes me think the club has a few thoughts on unheralded players to take as rookies. Possibly a few academy, possibly one or two international.

EDIT: Actually, are international rookies even counted against the max allowed?

Cat Z or something, those categories are confusing.

We may never know how close Bourke was to being delisted and was perhaps pushed across the line by a good showing in the Geelong game.

More likely a chance to see him in top company with a view to assessing for elevation in this years Draft.
I can't see how he would have been close to getting de-listed given his form to date.
He has the potential to fill the "Patfull Role" in future years .... not to mention his potential as a "swing man".

On face value it seems kind of rough on Conway to be cut after just one year. The Reserves wraps seems to paint him in a positive light more often than not.

Can anyone who has been watching the ressies confirm if he really wasnt up to scratch or are these academy boys just a better proposition?

On face value it seems kind of rough on Conway to be cut after just one year. The Reserves wraps seems to paint him in a positive light more often than not.

I'm not sure if we were reading the same reserve reports but when you consider that they will always be phrased in a more positive than not manner, I think his were generally negative unless it was a wrap up from Matty Francis who would applaud everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back