List Mgmt. Retirements and delistings 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Bourke, O'Brien and Smith the rookies to survive. Fair chance one of Bourke or O'Brien gets upgraded.

Makes me think the club has a few thoughts on unheralded players to take as rookies. Possibly a few academy, possibly one or two international.

EDIT: Actually, are international rookies even counted against the max allowed?
Yes, internationals are counted in the rookie list.

More likely a chance to see him in top company with a view to assessing for elevation in this years Draft.
I can't see how he would have been close to getting de-listed given his form to date.
He has the potential to fill the "Patfull Role" in future years .... not to mention his potential as a "swing man".

I agree to the extent that it was a good chance to see him in senior company, and he passed with flying colours.

But it's a very small step from a third year on the rookie list to delistment (ask Sam Michael). Bourke's Geelong effort was very timely for him. I would expect him to be upgraded for 2015.

Bourke, O'Brien and Smith the rookies to survive. Fair chance one of Bourke or O'Brien gets upgraded.

Makes me think the club has a few thoughts on unheralded players to take as rookies. Possibly a few academy, possibly one or two international.

EDIT: Actually, are international rookies even counted against the max allowed?

Category B rookies = international, QLD/NSW zone, special talent (not listed in an AFL comp for three years prior)
Category A rookies = everyone else

4-6 category A rookies (dependent on senior list number) and 3 category B rookies

Only ones with contracts that run out at the end of this season are Crisp and Maguire on the senior list and O'Brien, Smith and Bourke on the rookie list.

Based on that, I don't think we'll see much more.
Thanks for that. Hopefully no more then.

We have 11 spots to fill, subject to how we structure the senior/rookie numbers.
Considering we had a major player exodus last year that's a massive player turnover in two years.
By November Vossy will not recognize the list he left behind.

I wonder what the story is with Conway. Not a ressies watcher so not sure of his form.
I was a bit surprised by it- how often do guys only get one year on the rookie list?
On the other hand, his reserves reports weren't overly positive and I think he was tried in a number of different positions to little effect. I guess the club felt he didn't have much to offer going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does seem like a bit of a clearly of the rookie list to me, so there might be a bit of a plan in place there. I would be thinking combo of academy and F/S picks perhaps.

Who are the F/S's that would be on our radar?

I've heard of Tyler Roos being mentioned in despatches but is there anyone else?

I wonder what the story is with Conway. Not a ressies watcher so not sure of his form.

Big head and limited ability, got found out in the big dance!!!!! He might have to head south, as the word is most of his ex Aspley playing group team mates seem to have no respect for him, this due to his adopted head up A-S- attitude.

I've had seven as the magic number, with all the rumours going round:

First round pick
Four Academy picks (general rumour)
Two father sons

With math that easy it's bound to be wrong!!
I think you're onto something.
7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.
Agree, 7's a natural

but I normally talk craps! :straining:

What if someone comes up with a 'six' minute workout which makes players unstoppable?

Unless the magic number is 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back