Retro Jumper Competition - return of the BIG HAWK JUMPER

Remove this Banner Ad

All the cool kids are loving the diamonds.

Who says our colours aren't fashionable. :D

FgllDDtWQAAKJn2

I think I remember Richard Taylor in a blue diamond

Voted for the big Hawk, won our last night Premiership in that jumper, was a fantastic ride and great fun win back when we hadn’t done much for quite a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To support the blue diamond is to support the novel, the surprising. It’s says “we know who we are and we don’t care what outsiders think.”

And it’s a fashion statement. Even potentially a Halloween costume.

Big Hawk is instantly forgettable blah.

To support the blue diamond is to support the novel, the surprising. It’s says “we know who we are and we don’t care what outsiders think.”

The blue diamond is distinctive, a once seen never forgotten item. It's also good for a bit of a laugh, great for retro week. So many of the themed weeks are more serious. I reckon our young team would have fun with it and carry it off. But my husband also prefers the Big Hawk, yet to convince him, haha.

The blue diamond is distinctive, a once seen never forgotten item. It's also good for a bit of a laugh, great for retro week. So many of the themed weeks are more serious. I reckon our young team would have fun with it and carry it off. But my husband also prefers the Big Hawk, yet to convince him, haha.

Pack his bags and put them by the front door. He’ll see it your way so enough.

Anyone voting for the diamond jumper is taking the piss

What a shockingly bad guernsey
Anyone not voting for the diamond jumper is killing our opportunity to extort a heap of revenue from one of the ugliest jumpers in our history.

Anyone not voting for the diamond jumper is killing our opportunity to extort a heap of revenue from one of the ugliest jumpers in our history.
If the Skechers sponsorship has taught me anything it's that plenty on this board take themselves far too seriously.

Give me the blue diamonds! 🔹🔹🔹🔹

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder why the club hasn't sold retro jumpers in the past? Just have them on HawksNest permanently. People will buy
AFL licensing is the probable reason. An official Retro Round guernsey is fine to sell and the club has in the past. The Hawks Museum also sold Maybloom era guernseys etc. But, I believe, the League stopped the club from doing that as they didn’t have the AFL’s imprimatur … in other words, the AFL didn’t get the financial benefit from those sales.

AFL licensing is the probable reason. An official Retro Round guernsey is fine to sell and the club has in the past. The Hawks Museum also sold Maybloom era guernseys etc. But, I believe, the League stopped the club from doing that as they didn’t have the AFL’s imprimatur … in other words, the AFL didn’t get the financial benefit from those sales.
Wouldn't they take a cut regardless?

Think of the joy it will bring all Hawks when we win on national television while wearing the blue diamond.

Our children and our children‘s children will sing songs to celebrate the legend.
No, they'll pluck out their eyeballs when they see that monstrosity. If you have one, burn it, for the sake of the children.

we are not in ******* America

It’s not celebrated here, no matter how hard supermarkets try and promote it

I had about a dozen groups of kids trick or treat our place this year - so clearly they didn’t get the memo. Nor did the multiple Halloween house parties I went to in my younger days. Much like hot cross buns appearing in December, Halloween is just something the angrier boomers and Xers love to yell at the cloud about while the rest of us have fun and enjoy hot cross buns on Boxing Day.

It’s not celebrated here, no matter how hard supermarkets try and promote it
I took my little out trick or treating the last two years, given the lengths I've seen people and even full streets go to, I very much beg to differ with this statement.

Drove to one street (Orange Street in Bentleigh East) this year, the surrounding streets were log jammed with cars trying to get through, the street itself had hundereds and hundreds of people walking through it. Go there next year and tell me "It's not celebrated here"!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back