News Retro Round - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

The distinction between the early freo home to the later years was the fatness of the anchor. This is peak 1995.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this part of Freo's 25th year celebrations?
Yep - the small little 25 year logo is on the collar on the back.

Freo played the bombers in our first ever home game (at the WACA no less) hence the chosen opponent.

Looks heaps better with the shorts and I do appreciate how they've drawn the anchor – it's not the proper, heavy looking 2000s version but the wonky stitched one that looked a bit more like a seagull. Really dig that.

Weird we didn't wear it for round one and a bit disappointing we didn't bring back the green away jumper, especially for away games in Melbourne.

Looks heaps better with the shorts and I do appreciate how they've drawn the anchor – it's not the proper, heavy looking 2000s version but the wonky stitched one that looked a bit more like a seagull. Really dig that.

Weird we didn't wear it for round one and a bit disappointing we didn't bring back the green away jumper, especially for away games in Melbourne.

Would've been really cool if you brought back both: wear the away jumper at home to Geelong (first ever win) in Round 20 and then wear the home jumper at home to Essendon (first ever match) in Round 22

Way better than their 25 chevron jumper they wore against Norths. It's a shame they're not wearing their 1995 away "green machine" this year as well though.

I miss the red and green on their guernseys. They need to bring back the red and green into their regular guernseys like so 699245

Cool pic. I initially thought it was just a shot of Hill and Walters with some of the club's Indigenous leaders, but then looking at the Dockers' playing list, they're also two of just six remaining players to have worn the anchor at some stage during their career. The others being Ballantyne, Fyfe, Mundy and Sandilands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back