News Return Of The Porpoise

Remove this Banner Ad

Every off field personel decision since the announcement of our new AFLw coaching group have left me scratching my head.

Does Fagan go to the wall with every crows players name on it and shoot darts?

Nice

Although I personally think the runner should be done away with.

With rotations and players now being full time and expected to learn the game at a higher level I feel removing the runner puts the onus onto on field leadership of the players.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Every off field personel decision since the announcement of our new AFLw coaching group have left me scratching my head.

Why?

What's your issue with Porps appointment?

You're not going straight to the default "Jobs For The Boys" setting are you?

What concern do you have with Porps being our runner?

p8va1.jpg

Why?

To be fair, this board often ridicules club appointments when it is past players. Consistency is the key here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice

Although I personally think the runner should be done away with.

With rotations and players now being full time and expected to learn the game at a higher level I feel removing the runner puts the onus onto on field leadership of the players.

Geoff, you do realise the changes for this year, only allows runners on the ground after a goal is scored or at each qtr time break

They’re talking about having some form of electronic board to communicate to players , interchanges

Good moves IMO

Yeah but this time it's just a runner.

I'm more concerned about how insular we are with coaching appointments.

Why?

Appointing a runner & development position is very different to appointing a senior position (senior coach, footy ops manager) where we should also look outside the club for the best candidate.

Porps was a smart player so a good appointment imo.

Excellent acquisition, just about the most skilful player to ever pull on a Crows guernsey. :thumbsu:

Probably about 5th.

1. McLeod
2. D. Jarman
3. Modra
4. Eddie
5. Porplyzia

Geoff, you do realise the changes for this year, only allows runners on the ground after a goal is scored or at each qtr time break

They’re talking about having some form of electronic board to communicate to players , interchanges

Good moves IMO
I did not see this.

A step in the right direction

Modra nah, I'm talking all round skill set.
agree, Modra & Eddie have great footy IQ. I don't disagree with best skills, but would go more conservative with top 3.

Even if you put him in with those other 4 players it shows you how skillful he was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back