Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

all seeing eye

exquirentibus veritatem
Nov 26, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was musing the position of the Hawks and the ongoing future of our estranged child Chad Wingard.
It would seem clear now, that Hawthorn by their own admission are finally going to rebuild by going to the draft and hence are many years away from contending again.
Further the master of seduction Alastair Clark who promised young Chad a glorious future will in all likelihood leave at the end of 2022 to be replaced by Sam Mitchell.

The question is , do we we have room in our hearts to do the trade with Hawthorn for Chad at the probable age of 29 (end 2022) , to finish the last 3-4 years of his career back at his spiritual home of Alberton.

I'm suggesting yes, provided the trade exchange value is favourable to us and he doesn't demand too many $$. He would offer value as a interim fix when Robbie retires in the next few years and it would be a fitting end to the story of our wayward son.

I was musing the position of the Hawks and the ongoing future of our estranged child Chad Wingard.
It would seem clear now, that Hawthorn by their own admission are finally going to rebuild by going to the draft and hence are many years away from contending again.
Further the master of seduction Alastair Clark who promised young Chad a glorious future will in all likelihood leave at the end of 2022 to be replaced by Sam Mitchell.

The question is , do we we have room in our hearts to do the trade with Hawthorn for Chad at the probable age of 29 (end 2022) , to finish the last 3-4 years of his career back at his spiritual home of Alberton.

I'm suggesting yes, provided the trade exchange value is favourable to us and he doesn't demand too many $$. He would offer value as a interim fix when Robbie retires in the next few years and it would be a fitting end to the story of our wayward son.

only if he has matured

but I dare say there will be better options for Port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't Chad previously stated that he hates the Crows, and wouldn't entertain the thought of going there?

Scott Thompson was on record of saying similar when he was drafted. Money talks.

He made his bed. Next.
IIRC, some senior players suggested that he should make his bed, but he went to his room and played Fortnite instead :rolleyesv1:

Not saying he’s not still a good player, but I can’t see him getting back to early Chad unless he regains his love of playing, and I think he had lost that before he ever went to the Hawks. I can see him just playing out his days at the Hawks and retiring before a lot longer. I doubt whether he will stay in footy in any capacity once he does.

Lol. You’d think he was Fev the way this rationale blew up and caught on.

It's a joke.

Also this continual idea that Chad is lazy and hasn't reached his potential and is therefore no good. Actually, football performance is judged on actual performance not potential performance. A potentially 10/10 player playing as a 6/10 player is still better than a 5/10 player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back