Return of the Prodigal Son

50259838-9940-4792-A68F-CAB707403973.jpeg

It’s a yes from me, darlin’

agmsy

All Australian
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He came through pre-season overweight. So his fitness at the start of the year wasn't upto scratch. As he built more fitness through the season he played more midfield minutes.

That should give everyone pause before getting too hyped about Wingard.

It's one thing to get kicked out of a club for lacking professionalism. It's another to behave exactly the same way at your next club.

Worth a late second to late third depending on his salary and how much we need picks or points in a given year.

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fortnites not a thing anymore so should see chad back to his normal form ;) Playing a lot more mid at the hawks and hasnt been in the 50 arc for his trademark goal kicking ability

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Absolutely, he'd be in our best 22 and we're in a flag window so you get him on the list.

He's lost his explosiveness to play forward in the way that made him the most electrifying player in the comp, but he's a very good midfielder and you can never really have enough of those.

Zero room for sentiment in footy decisions though. It'd have to be a deal that suits us and I can't really see Hawthorn being interested unless Chad pushes for a move home.

PAFC04

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Anything in Black'n'White
If you put your emotions aside, at his age he could still go another 3 years, coming "home" may give that spark back that left him before he left us. WE are in the best spot to bargain should Chad wish to trade back to his club of choice if its us.

For me there are many good memories of Chad playing at Port for him not to come back. Similar to Gary Abblet Jnr coming back to Geelong, however Gary gave them Premierships, whereas Chad gave us great footy moments which are not on the same level, but still both club supporters loved them at the time and will love them back.

I was shattered when he left, but I am also excited that he may be back..... perhaps to give us some more magic moments in a Premiership side.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Like to see Chad at the 36s.
At Port currently on his statistics playing playing for the Hawks he’s doing just enough to have you interested at the right price. Hawks are a shocking side a present and a player like Chad isn't going to look anything special but he looks to be working hard on paper (don’t watch the Hawks does anyone?)and I like that he's still gaining 340 metres plus a game.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For a serious post on this....

If he is free at the right price and we think he would benefit the list at that point then maybe we get him back. But shouldn't be prioritised over any other player in the AFL that might be available.

End of the day last season we could have gone out and tried to bring players home etc but instead we saw AA at Sydney and made a play for him even though it seemed a long shot because he was the right guy for our side, and he's so far been recruit of the year.

Lefti93

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, AEK FC
wouldn't he be a free agent? am i missing something here. is he not eligible?

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’ve always thought once he left for hawthorn that eventually he would end up playing for Adelaide, I just can’t see him coming back to port, especially with those who got rid of him still here,

he looks like he’s not enjoying his footy in melb.

id take him in a heart beat, if you could get him right what a recruit he would be.

Back