Returning Crowds in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

With the suggested return of crowds going back to the footy controlled numbers what would be the best way to control it. l think that members should get priority with the highest paid club memberships first and then decending to the lowest. It should also be by via a booking agent (fee free) and entry only with a ticket. This l feel would be a just reward for memebers who continue to support the club by not holting their memberships.....

Not sure about discriminating based on price of membership. That's fine for say Grand Final tickets when it's advertised as such pre-season and effectively part of what you're paying for, but just because someone didn't care for buying a reserved seat doesn't mean they don't deserve to go to the game at all. Longevity would be a fairer system if you were looking to create a pecking order. The best system in my view would be some form of lottery.

In reality though if it's home members only I think there's a chance we wouldn't even rich the limit.

Not sure about discriminating based on price of membership. That's fine for say Grand Final tickets when it's advertised as such pre-season and effectively part of what you're paying for, but just because someone didn't care for buying a reserved seat doesn't mean they don't deserve to go to the game at all. Longevity would be a fairer system if you were looking to create a pecking order. The best system in my view would be some form of lottery.

In reality though if it's home members only I think there's a chance we wouldn't even rich the limit.

l wasn't thinking about those with reserved seating just the memberships and even away team members to make it fair for both clubs . If 30000 is the limit have a 50/50 split. Then if any are left over make it 50/50 split for general admission tickets but they must book and get a seat allocation. This way clubs with greater memberships dont take the majority of the tickets. It might be fun to even have 1/2 the ground seating for 1 club and the other half for the other club like in the EPL. Wouldn't that be fun. ;)

With the suggested return of crowds going back to the footy controlled numbers what would be the best way to control it. l think that members should get priority with the highest paid club memberships first and then decending to the lowest. It should also be by via a booking agent (fee free) and entry only with a ticket. This l feel would be a just reward for memebers who continue to support the club by not holting their memberships.....

Isn't that kinda elitist?

After I forked out the hard earned on getting back to proper reserved seating for the family this year....I will be extremely pi55ed if I see people in our seats at our home game come September!

l agree with what you are saying. We also have reserve seating on level 2. Unfortunately if social distancing is needed you cant have supporters sitting near each other. So if going to a game and sitting elsewhere or not going to a game because l want my reserve seats, l know what l would choose. BTW l have 8 memberships....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the people who have paid the least may have paid the most they can. Whilst some who paid more could have done a lot more.
I think you’re right. I like the idea of longevity gaining some priority but in reality some sort of lottery is probably the fairest.

I would think that if you want to have proper social distancing you could probably only get around 15K in Marvel maybe 30 to the G. As much as seating the entry and exit of the crowd and toilet and food outlets would be breaking all sorts of limits with much more.

I think they select it lottery style.

Hypothetically, if the AFL give 10,000 seats to the home team to be spread across the stands, it’s selected randomly, lottery style & your membership is your ticket into the lottery. Been a member for 30 years? You get 30 tickets in the lottery.

If the financial spend is an issue, they could also give extra ‘tickets’ for people with reserved seats (or whatever the more expensive memberships are - I wouldn’t know as I like to stand & just get the full season GA style membership).

I feel like that is pretty fair.

Of course it should be members first priority, reserved seat members offered a reserved seat first, with remaining allocation released the next day. Honestly, we will pretty much seat all our members who want to attend. Clubs like Pies and Tigers will be clawing each other's face off to get in.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

As much as I want to go to the Footy again, it seems like it’ll be a right pain in the arse. Social distancing at the bar, shitfull to go for a dart, spacing between spectators....fu** that. I think I’ll wait until 2021 and hopefully life returns to a little normality.
Well if supporters are allowed to go into the games for the last couple of games fine but do it in a lottery not just for the higher categories and If I can see at least 1 game it would be better then sex😃 but if I miss out so be it.
But come round 2 - 2021 for our 1st home game as we always seem to play away in round 1 .
So come the 1st home game in 2021 let’s make a special members day and pack Marvel out with OUR supporters not other club supporters as atm we have the media ,the other 17 clubs and the AFL against us so if we only get 15k to 20k at the game we might as well shut the doors of this club NOW.
We can’t be put in this situation no more at this club it’s time to fight back show these organisations that we are here to stay not in 2021 but in 2035 and in 2050.
It’s time unite as a club maybe get Tim Rodgers to do a new version of the old ALP it’s Time song with North people young and old current players and ex players maybe the marketing team can think of doing something like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back