Shueperman13

Senior List
Dec 3, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
There are many changes needed within the club during its current crisis it’s going through and I strongly believe the current club song should be part of this change.
We most recently won a premiership in 2018, under our most former song, to then change it completely to an unrecognisable cringey song two years later? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m not solely blaming the song but it’s one hell of a coincidence our downfall began the very year we implemented this new song..
I have nothing against Birds of Tokyo but they are not the right sound for a sports anthem, which traditionally is supposed to pump the players, fans and faithful up, and to celebrate when we win. Ironically, we’ve been arguably the worst we’ve ever been since we adopted it. The current song also resonates with our current failure and worst records in history, which is not a good reminder and nothing but bad memories and losses.
Our current club song is nothing more than cringe and sounds like something out of Sesame Street. It’s low-key embarrassing to listen to and I cringe every time I hear it, which thankfully the blessing in disguise for winning so little the last few years is to not have to listen to that being played often.

For those who don’t understand the seriousness of this issue with our song - you need to listen to it with the link I’ve provided below. If you consider that a decent enough song for our club you need to take a hard look at yourself. It is by far the worst club song in the league and worst song we’ve had period.

We need to revert back to what we previously had, we need to return the song. Bring back some traditional values to this club, like when we returned the wings. Why kill off our club song and replace it with some cringey pop version by Birds of Tokyo?! Why?? 😢 it was always destined to be a recipe for disaster.

We’ve returned the wings, now let’s return the song!

#ReturnTheSong#returnthesong

The old song was pretty crap too.

#NewSongThanks
The old song has an identity and we’ve had glory with it, it also screamed “West Coast Eagles”. This new song just reeks of failure and a lack of identity.
I’m open to a new song, however, they attempted this with the current song and it’s disastrously bad. I think we stick with tradition, it scares me what else they could cook up with another attempt at a new song 👀

It literally says in the new/current club song: “our club knows it’s more than winning”..
Wtaf?! We’ve set ourselves to lose already with that mindset. Accepting losses. We’re one of the most successful clubs in the modern era, so why feature lyrics which relates to zero success, it’s very Fremantle-like 🤮

If you can’t immediately start singing it as soon as the siren blows then the song fails its purpose.

It doesn’t need to incorporate the organisation’s mission statement, cultural qualities and corporate vision. I’m all for things that do that, but the song is literally just meant to be an instantly recognisable identifier that unifies supporters in the simplest way possible.

Keep the current trash song for corporate videos etc. I honestly wouldn’t know the words, I don’t think I’ve ever heard it the whole way through. No one will realise it’s gone.

All they had to do was update the production and instrumentation of the old song. Just make it sound less beige 80s and more like a footy anthem.

When I heard the brass band play the song at the 2018 GF parade it was incredible. Faster, more upbeat and powerful. Literally just record that.

The old song has an identity and we’ve had glory with it, it also screamed “West Coast Eagles”. This new song just reeks of failure and a lack of identity.
I’m open to a new song, however, they attempted this with the current song and it’s disastrously bad. I think we stick with tradition, it scares me what else they could cook up with another attempt at a new song

There’s the issue screaming… we might upset the neighbours playing it so let’s have a tuned down volume which could put babies to sleep as a song…. Much better for our community engagement, remember we know it’s more than winning.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This call is worse than "petch is AFL quality call"
Are we living in an alternate universe where the song was good?

I mean with the old jabs at the Vics it had some semblance of a message I guess, but the version before the current one was pretty uninspiring let's be honest.

EDIT - by the new song hashtag I clearly mean a new one entirely. The BOT song is a bloody disgrace.

Last edited:
Are we living in an alternate universe where the song was good?

I mean with the old jabs at the Vics it had some semblance of a message I guess, but the version before the current one was pretty uninspiring let's be honest.

EDIT - by the new song hashtag I clearly mean a new one entirely. The BOT song is a bloody disgrace.
True i agree. At least i could belt out the previous club song after a win.

Not that we have had a chance to do it thr last 2.5 years

I thought this was a great option:

Hopefully not too presumptious to slightly tweak it (mainly the verse)
------

From Perth, the birth of a mighty institution, our club is born (our club is born)
For we, endeavour once again to be champions, we hurry on (we hurry on)
To win, we roam across this great wide nation, on wings we fly (on wings we fly)
We play, to bring the flag back to our fortress, it’s rightful home (it’s rightful home)

West Coast, West Coast
Royal blue and gold
West Coast, West Coast
The premiership’s our goal
Cannot deny
We’ll show you why
We own the ground
We own the sky
For we're the mighty Eagles and we’re flying high

Remove this Banner Ad

Back