#returntheswoopingmagpie - A petition to return the beloved jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
#returntheswoopingmagpie

Petition: https://www.change.org/p/collingwoo...classic-swooping-magpie-as-a-one-off-guernsey

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1227291980743453/

Howdy,

As many people on the FJGD Board know, I have a crazy (perhaps even unhealthy) obsession with the away jumper Collingwood wore between 2002 and 2004, more commonly known as the Swooping Magpie.

This jumper means so much to myself and many other supporters, it was a time when Collingwood were one of the best teams going around and is associated with some iconic Magpie moments, which will be linked to for your enjoyment. The famous jumper is however very rare to get these days and I wish I was obsessed with it then as I was now.

Which is why I am starting what some would call a campaign to return this awesome jumper in some shape or fashion, whether that be a training jumper, one-off jumper or just in some form of merchandise.

I don't desire to replace our current kit with the design but to have the swooping magpie, a symbol of Collingwood dominance, return to the Collingwood merchandise in some way. A recreation of the jumper would be nice though.

I have created a petition for supporters of this idea to sign in the hopes to present it to someone who can meaningful assist in our cause.

I have also created a Facebook group to celebrate the legacy of the jumper and to also update on progress.

With that said and done, support this cause or not, enjoy some of these iconic moments which involve the Swooping Magpie.

143838.jpg

There is more information on the petition so please read it if you have the time.

Last edited:
Can't believe you're not winding us up.

Anything other than plain Black and White stripes is a disgrace.

Have it as a training jumper if you wish.. but don't go changing the traditional match day stripes.

"I don't desire to replace our current kit with the design but to have the swooping magpie, a symbol of Collingwood dominance, return to the Collingwood merchandise in some way."

I think that should clear up the confusion

"I don't desire to replace our current kit with the design but to have the swooping magpie, a symbol of Collingwood dominance, return to the Collingwood merchandise in some way."

I think that should clear up the confusion

Ok. Sorry for flying off the handle. I just hate the way other clubs don't respect their jumper like Collingwood does.

No issues with having variations in the merch shop.

Ok. Sorry for flying off the handle. I just hate the way other clubs don't respect their jumper like Collingwood does.

Happy to have many variations in the merch shop.
All good, I just think that the pies need a bit more variation when it comes to merch. We have the home and clash jumpers and they're great but something alternate would spice it up a little. There's only so much you can do with black and white.

. The famous jumper is however very rare to get these days and I wish I was obsessed with it then as I was now.​

Interesting to know, I've got a (very worn) one signed by the entire pies squad boxed up with my other childhood momentos can't remember what years squad though. Shame I didn't keep it in pristine condition!

Interesting to know, I've got a (very worn) one signed by the entire pies squad boxed up with my other childhood momentos can't remember what years squad though. Shame I didn't keep it in pristine condition!
You usually see one go up every now and then but yeah you could probably get a decent buck out of them no matter the condition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan of it.. looks childish. T-shirt like.
A big fashion no no for me.

Keep the stripes with the chest area white.

More width in the black stripes.

That sort of s**t I don't mind.. big Magpie at the front of the shirt reminds me of big Nike tick on a t re. Ugly as. Lacks class.

Last edited:
Not a fan of it.. looks childish. T-shirt like.
A big fashion no no for me.

Keep the stripes with the chest area white.

More width in the black stripes.

That sort of s**t I don't mind.. big Magpie at the front of the shirt reminds me of big Nike tick on a t re. Ugly as. Lacks class.
A probably should've mentioned it but it would most likely be an updated version which has a fierce modern feel to it which would get rid of a bit of that "childishness" you describe.

#returntheswoopingmagpie

Petition: https://www.change.org/p/collingwoo...classic-swooping-magpie-as-a-one-off-guernsey

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1227291980743453/

Howdy,

As many people on the FJGD Board know, I have a crazy (perhaps even unhealthy) obsession with the away jumper Collingwood wore between 2002 and 2004, more commonly known as the Swooping Magpie.

This jumper means so much to myself and many other supporters, it was a time when Collingwood were one of the best teams going around and is associated with some iconic Magpie moments, which will be linked to for your enjoyment. The famous jumper is however very rare to get these days and I wish I was obsessed with it then as I was now.

Which is why I am starting what some would call a campaign to return this awesome jumper in some shape or fashion, whether that be a training jumper, one-off jumper or just in some form of merchandise.

I don't desire to replace our current kit with the design but to have the swooping magpie, a symbol of Collingwood dominance, return to the Collingwood merchandise in some way. A recreation of the jumper would be nice though.

I have created a petition for supporters of this idea to sign in the hopes to present it to someone who can meaningful assist in our cause.

I have also created a Facebook group to celebrate the legacy of the jumper and to also update on progress.

With that said and done, support this cause or not, enjoy some of these iconic moments which involve the Swooping Magpie.

View attachment 563059

There is more information on the petition so please read it if you have the time.

Got mine hanging up at work :)

#18 = Licca

20180924_083543.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back