Reverse B&F (shame files)

Remove this Banner Ad

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Using Macca's voting system in reverse.
5 points when Macca scores a 0, 4 for 1, ... 1 for 4 and 0 5 and over.
Should probably give an extra point for each week in a row one is below par. ie this week Shaun, Surjan, Boak, Dom were all eligible for a bonus point.

After 2 rounds we have
S Burgoyne, 6
Surjan, 6
Boak, 5
Carr, 5
Pearce 5
Cassisi 4
Rodan 4
Tredrea, 3
K Cornes, 3
Gray, 2
C Cornes, 2
Ebert, 2
Carlile 2
Brogan, 2
Thurstans, 1
Pettigrew, 1
Westhoff, 1
Lade, 1

rubbish thread.
Why is that?
After a couple of years of crap one has to make some sort of stand against insipid efforts.
We are the first to praise the players whenever they do something good, well quite frankly the good bit has just about disappeared from some of our best players. One good week in 3 or 4 isn't good enough for people earning the sort of money they do.

Well yeah it's been well-documented on here already that Shaun appears lazy, Surjan's opponent has beaten him a few times and his disposal still needs to improve, Boak in my opinion had far too much pressure put on him during pre-season, and Carr, well what did people expect given his past couple seasons at freo...

Rubbish thread. Let's be a bit more supportive instead of destructive.

Just on Shaun Burgoyne, our so called "marquee player".

Last year he did not play round 11.
I cannot find Macca's round 22 review, but IIRC he did alright.

Including this year's 2 games plus the last 11 games from last year (1/2 season) he has scored 4 or less out of 11, 9 times.

That means 9 times out of 13 or 69.2% of the times he has been crap, the other 30.8 percent of the times (only 4 out of 13) he has been good to next to great. Just how we want all of our players to play hey?

Rubbish thread my butt.
It is a perfect thread to see why we are going crap, much better than just blaming our low income players week in week out.

For those who are interested

R21
4 - J Westhoff, Stewart, K Cornes
3 - M Westhoff, Chaplin, M Motlop
1 - Ebert, Lower

R20
4 - Boak
3 - Carlile, K Cornes, Ebert, Lower
2 - Pearce
1 - M Hoff
0 - P Burgoyne, Rodan, Farmer, Pettigrew, White, Williams

R19
4 - Farmer, Carlile
3 - Stewart, Westhoff
2 -
1 - S Burgoyne, K Cornes, Deluca, Pearce, Surjan, Williams
0 - P Burgoyne, Cassisi, Chaplin, Motlop, Pettigrew, Rodan, Salter

R18
4 - Bentley, Carlile, Farmer, Surjan
3 - Cassisi, DeLuca, Lonie, Salter, Westhoff
2 -
1 - S Burgoyne, Rodan, Ebert, Motlop
0 – Pearce

R17
4 - S Burgoyne, Logan, Carlile
3 - Bentley, K Cornes, Salopek
2 - Lonie, Motlop
1 - Boak, Rodan, Lower
0 - Thurstans, Deluca

R16
4 - Westhoff, Thomson, Surjan, Pettigrew, Lower
3 - Rodan, Bentley

R15
4 - Cassisi, Lower
3 - Surjan, Pettigrew, Motlop, Westhoff
2 - Thomson
1 - White
0 - Tredrea, Chad, S Burgoyne, Deluca

R14
4 - Tredrea, K Cornes, Bentley, Cassisi
3 - Logan, Brogan
2 - Stewart, Lower, Lonie, Deluca, S Burgoyne
1 - Westhoff, Pettigrew
0 - Motlop, Ebert, Chaplin

R13

4 - Lower
3 - Boak, Pearce
2 - P Burgoyne, Chaplin, Salopek, Wilson
1 - S Burgoyne, Carlile, Ebert, Lade
0 - C Cornes
-5 – Pettigrew

R12
4 - Lade, Motlop
3 - Boak, K Cornes, Gray, Lower, Pearce
2 - Tredrea
1 - P Burgoyne
0 - S Burgoyne, Surjan, Westhoff, Cassisi

This would have to take the cake for rubbish thread of the year. Sorry PAF, you normally make a fantastic contribution, but this is IMO ridiculous. I will now outline why I believe so.

First and foremost, you are basing these on Macca's match rankings, of which I rarely agree with. For instance, Surjan was given a very low score against West Coast, whereas I thought he was good and would have given him a 6. For reference, Le Cras kicked 3.2 today from West Coast's 9 goals. All of a sudden Surj's effort looks fantastic given 52 inside 50's by West Coast. It's one person's speculative rating of the players, not a consensus rating.

Secondly, what will this thread prove? We're supposed to be constructive and aim to look at ways to improve the team, not vindicate a bizzare point or prove something for no reason at all. Because we as supporters might rate a player one way, doesn't necessarily reflect the way the coaches do.

Thirdly, if supporters really want to make a stand, march on down to the club and offer your services in an assistant coaching capacity, apply for jobs in the clubs administration when they become available, send emails outlining your concerns to the coaching panel or raise your point of view at the AGM. It appears to me that so many supporters have the answers to all of our club's problems.

Whilst I realise internet forums are a wonderful tool to share ideas and read opinions of other supporters, I am more often than not left scratching my head at some of the things that I read.

Out of character for you PAF. Hopefully a good game against Melbourne will put a smile on your face.. and mine ;)

Yeah, not too keen on a thread dedicated to trashing our players. There'll probably always be a player we feel doesn't belong in the 22 but this type of voting just leaves a bad taste.

Im not as against this as most, so long as it remains a critique of our players current performance and an indicator of who needs to lift rather than a slanging match where our players are bagged and insulted.
Thank you elmo. :thumbsu:
Looks as if most would just rather slag on a weekly basis (preferably to usual scapegoats) rather than form some sort of basis for proper critiquing however flawed it may be it. Lets sack Choco. Lets trade ... are ok. Voting for a BF B&F is fine. Using those very same votes to find out who is inconsistent is not fine.

For those that say who is Macca? No one important I s'pose, however I and most on here would place more merit on his ratings and weekly reviews than any newspaper columnist in the country. :thumbsu:

Find a better ratings system and we will use those instead, the results would not change that much.

Fact is we will only win premierships if players are consistently putting out as we certainly do not lack in the skills department and never have.
However, if they are consistently inconsistent then its time to wait till next year or when we get a new batch of players or a new coach that will iron out the inconsistencies.
These type of polls will show who is consistently inconsistent. Beware though, if players get next to no gametime they will not get a chance to rate highly.

Personally I'm sick of the crap we get dished out lately and an inconsistency thread will stop the crap calls we make week after week looking for scapegoats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would have to take the cake for rubbish thread of the year. Sorry PAF, you normally make a fantastic contribution, but this is IMO ridiculous. I will now outline why I believe so.

First and foremost, you are basing these on Macca's match rankings, of which I rarely agree with. For instance, Surjan was given a very low score against West Coast, whereas I thought he was good and would have given him a 6. For reference, Le Cras kicked 3.2 today from West Coast's 9 goals. All of a sudden Surj's effort looks fantastic given 52 inside 50's by West Coast. It's one person's speculative rating of the players, not a consensus rating.

Secondly, what will this thread prove? We're supposed to be constructive and aim to look at ways to improve the team, not vindicate a bizzare point or prove something for no reason at all. Because we as supporters might rate a player one way, doesn't necessarily reflect the way the coaches do.

Thirdly, if supporters really want to make a stand, march on down to the club and offer your services in an assistant coaching capacity, apply for jobs in the clubs administration when they become available, send emails outlining your concerns to the coaching panel or raise your point of view at the AGM. It appears to me that so many supporters have the answers to all of our club's problems.

Whilst I realise internet forums are a wonderful tool to share ideas and read opinions of other supporters, I am more often than not left scratching my head at some of the things that I read.

Out of character for you PAF. Hopefully a good game against Melbourne will put a smile on your face.. and mine ;)
Hi wapower. Perhaps I could have titled the thread a bit better and explained what I thought the aim of the poll would be, however IMO there definitely is a place for this thread.

As far as using Macca's ratings, why not? Do I 100% agree with all of his ratings in his reviews? No, we all have our opinions, but IMO he craps all over any newspaper ones, so it's the best we have.

2 games into a season reading this is not good, if we would have won last week as expected this thread would not even exist.
All this does is give other teams more ammo to stick it up us
Remember it's not what you say it's how you say it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back