Opinion Revert to our original song

Do you support reverting back to our original theme song?

• Yes

Votes: 42 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters
Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Keep the song just rework it with different intruments/singer and remove that terrible 'hey eagles' bit.

Maybe we should get a petition going like the return the wings.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
We got the wings back, time to petition for a better song? Don't mind the original but the verses don't fit these days. Needs to be fleshed out and that awful Wiggles-like riff gotten rid of. Should be stirring at least... I liked the amped up chorus of the original but definitely needs to be modernised. Something to work with though.

Jandamarra

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Comrades, we all know that the only song to be sung after a victory in the most sacred of wars, is this all time Soviet classic ;)

Mighty Eagles

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
We got the wings back, time to petition for a better song? Don't mind the original but the verses don't fit these days. Needs to be fleshed out and that awful Wiggles-like riff gotten rid of. Should be stirring at least... I liked the amped up chorus of the original but definitely needs to be modernised. Something to work with though.

Bloody oath!

The current on is just so pedestrian, its almost as bad as the Shockers.

Agree with the modernised element, but as I said in the OP, it unpacks the foundations of us as a club which I think is important.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The current one just needs a revamp.

Re-record it all with real (not midi) instruments and better vocalists. Slightly faster tempo. Introduce some brass.

It wouldn't be that hard at all.

Back