News Review Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

You laugh but all it does is show your ignorance. the bloke had a major role in helping his footy club go thru one of the best periods of any footy club in history.
Yep so small minded all you want to do is focus on the few things he got wrong rather than the success that absolutely pervades the hfc a success this bloke had a major role in settting up.I wish we had a president like him just once in the last 30 odd yrs.
Lol no

Francis isn't being kept on part time as a recruiter, he will be a part time consultant - two very different things and I'd say he won't even be on the books, it's a cruisey retirement job to help the change over and to say thanks for his years of employment.

He hasn't been offered a contract, he's been advised to look elsewhere - if at the end he doesn't have anywhere to go we will then offer him one year.
He has nothing in front of him currently.

Richardson is now in the role he excels at and should have been doing since day one, that was the right move 100%

Gee how nice of us,

giving frank a transitional program into retirement and making sure Lade has an income if no one else wants him, we really are elite at being philanthropic and socially aware. Unfortunately that is not how elite footy clubs are run, only at Richmond.

And as for Richardson, it is an indictment on the board that it has taken 5 years for them to work out that he was incredibly unqualified to do his job. The board is a incompetent. There is too much evidence now to ignore it. Only the deluded refuse to see it.

Also the fact that some of you here think that the 2ic is across everything that the 1ic is is laughable.
Are any of you absolutely across everything your boss does?
There is a reason Jackson would be number one (not that I agree it's a good reason)

Also retiring and phasing Jackson out as a consultant gives everyone a smoother transition to hand over all the footage and paperwork given they will be ahead 4 years ahead of this draft.

And remember even if they call in Jackson 3 times a year to consult doesn't mean they'll listen to his advice.
Aint delusion grand.

Gee how nice of us,

giving frank a transitional program into retirement and making sure Lade has an income if no one else wants him, we really are elite at being philanthropic and socially aware. Unfortunately that is not how elite footy clubs are run, only at Richmond.

And as for Richardson, it is an indictment on the board that it has taken 5 years for them to work out that he was incredibly unqualified to do his job. The board is a incompetent. There is too much evidence now to ignore it. Only the deluded refuse to see it.
I don't disagree with that.

And re Francis, that's how you treat long term employee's.
And re Lade, I don't think he is the root of our issues, before this season and his line change he was quite good at what he did.
The mistake was moving him from what he was excellent at.
Aint delusion grand.
So if the 2ic is across everything the 1ic is, why have the 1ic??

Of course the seniority know more - the people directly under me don't know exactly everything I do, just what they need to.

I was hoping everything would go well enough to be top 4. Can't remember posting that but hey, I'll be honest, that's what I hoped for.
Hardwick said he had the best list since he's been there. And if you didn't have hate in your heart you would agree that is the case. Look at the bottom 10 from 3 years ago to now. A lot of our talent is in kids and injured blokes but in pure talent terms, yes, the list is the best it's been.

This is what cracks me up. supporters inability to see for themselves that we have never had a good list THAT IS CAPABLE OF WINNING ANYTHING under Hardwick.
It is amusing when others think you hate for simply disagreeing and having an opposing opinion.We apparently hate because we dont rate the list or think we have achieved anything. It is laughable that people like you get so upset over nothing more than a differing opinion and appraisal and feel the need to label it as hate.
I actually feel sorry for you, the constant failures must mean those with unrealistic expectations and just plain dumb appraisals always overratting the players and f/d must kick you in the guts much harder than those of us who are realistic. Yes if you think we hate good for you. I think you are deluded and naieve. What other possible conclusion can i come to.
It really is sad that supporters are so emotionally attached they just cant see thru the spin and incompetence.It seems it is anathema for people to admit they have got so much wrong i dont get this manic need to defend what is in reality indefensible.

Is the list really the best its been i dont think so but that is just my opinion. Even if it is the best its been under DH , it is still nowhere near good enough so what are we debating here ? that its gone from very poor to just plain poor and that is after 7 whole yrs. In anyones language that is not good enough.

How does a bloke survive 12 yrs in charge of the most important area of a club in recruiting and go thru two entire rebuilds and we end up having to go thru another one and we dont have a thing to show for it.How do people defend that sort of thing and expect to be taken seriously.
How do people defend so many being so poor for so long and those who are supposed to keep an eye on things have no idea things are wrong.

People like throwing up the win/loss column and making finals as an example of success, which i have always argued means nothing in isolation.
well in 2013 we won 15 games if i use the win loss as a guide, then no the list is nowhere near what it was three years ago. No the bottom 10 are not currently better than the bottom 10 from three years ago.

Gee how nice of us,

363241-tlsnewsportrait.jpg
:thumbsu:

Looks like they saw some fairly major issues and went to correct them big time. major one being that Richo is great at player contracts and associated, but not much chop on footy matters. So Balme comes in to fix the footy side. Changes to drafting, development (complete massacre), strength and conditioning, and coaching group.

So pretty much all parts of the FD have been taken to with a chainsaw. Some just a fleshwound, others bigger flesh wounds (like The Black Knight )

Looks good up front. Moving to a stronger footy focus, form successful clubs (Geelong) and changing what hasn't worked.

So why is it ok for this structure to have been in place? All well and good to do a review and try to fix things up, but why will no-one be held accountable for being asleep at the wheel?

Is it just me or are the very people who seem to be claiming credit for the review also the people responsible for the mess that was allowed to occur in the first place?

Basically, how could the decision-makers have forgotten about the footy, and why is that oversight now being overlooked in favour of the correction?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So lets see
they have

- conducted a review of the FD
- sacked most the assistants
- hired a highly rated GM
- appointed more (hopefully) competend people forstrength conditioning/head recruiting roles
- Delisted two players (for now)
- will be trading three (So far)
- We will be getting Prestia

and its only TWO weeks into the off season

just because Dimma isn't sacked doesn't mean "nothing" has been done.
It also doesn't mean DH wasn't assessed either, just meant his role wont change.

I know the club had been talking to Balmy for a number of weeks ... i hope he got to give some feedback on the results of this review before the club started pulling the trigger.

I am really happy with what our club has achieved in the past 4 years, we have been competitive and more than competitive after many many years sitting in the middle, high enough to smell the rarefied air of the 8 just above, low enough to keep getting mid round 1st round draft picks making it hard to improve.

Our board has been excellent in improving our culture and our results, Balmy is the jewel in the crown.

I know the club had been talking to Balmy for a number of weeks ... i hope he got to give some feedback on the results of this review before the club started pulling the trigger.

I am really happy with what our club has achieved in the past 4 years, we have been competitive and more than competitive after many many years sitting in the middle, high enough to smell the rarefied air of the 8 just above, low enough to keep getting mid round 1st round draft picks making it hard to improve.

Our board has been excellent in improving our culture and our results, Balmy is the jewel in the crown.

Sarcasm or genuine?

I think we will be a much better, more structured team next year.

Sarcasm or genuine?

Another one happy to be achieve nothing and claim success.

It's pathetic. How low must your standards in life be, to be happy with what we have "achieved" in the past four years.

Dreadful.

We have achieved nothing. Not one finals win. Not even a sniff of a Prelim. Rare air is making the 8?

This board hasn't cared about the core business until the banging at their door became loud. Finally they seem to have woken up with this mock review and getting in Balme. We have no leadership. Peggy should not be President.

It's pathetic. How low must your standards in life be, to be happy with what we have "achieved" in the past four years.

Dreadful.

We have achieved nothing. Not one finals win. Not even a sniff of a Prelim. Rare air is making the 8?

This board hasn't cared about the core business until the banging at their door became loud. Finally they seem to have woken up with this mock review and getting in Balme. We have no leadership. Peggy should not be President.

Happy doesn't mean satisfied, now take a chill pill and relax a little.

Dreadful.

I genuinely couldn't tell. The wording seemed genuine, but the message behind the words meant it couldn't be. If genuine, I just don't get it.

Board has been excellent.
Jewel in the crown!

Wowee.

but i don't think its necessary to be so condescending toward everyone just because they recognise positives, Rimmer has probably been just as angry about this season as all of us, and wants a flag just as much.

Anyone happy with the state of the club and "achieving" what we've done isn't as desperate for success as those who call out frauds when we see them. How can they be? Pat on the backs and allowing the people in charge to believe what they are doing is right can't help the club. Not unless your club is Hawthorn and you have won the past three flags and making top 4 is what you do.

They are shattered tonight bowing out before a Prelim. Some of our fans here it seems would want an open bus parade for the boys.

There's a difference.

Anyone happy with the state of the club and "achieving" what we've done isn't as desperate for success as those who call out frauds when we see them. How can they be? Pat on the backs and allowing the people in charge to believe what they are doing is right can't help the club. Not unless your club is Hawthorn and you have won the past three flags and making top 4 is what you do.

They are shattered tonight bowing out before a Prelim. Some of our fans here it seems would want an open bus parade for the boys.

There's a difference.

This isnt a dick measuring contest between who is the most desperate for success.

maybe some people are less desperate than others, and really what does that matter?? We are supporters, we aren't players, we aren't coaches, we aren't board members. We are just people, with normal lives who happen to support the club (and fun the club if you are a member). What much can we do really?

Yes I want success for the club, but at the end of the day, its not the end of the bloody world. Life goes on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back