News Review Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

The board is a joke

The fact that Hardwick is still employed is a joke .

It's not like he is an ex player
It's not like he hasn't had enough time
It's not like he ended the season well
It's not like he has a great game plan
It's not like he has developed players
It's not like he has a great finals record

It is just complete incompetence.

And it's only the start of the problem .

Only at Richmond would a proven failure in Francis be kept on part time

Only at Richmond would you offer lade a contract when he is clearly not wanted

Only at Richmond would Blair survive when his record is appalling

Only at Richmond would Richardson get a job he was/is completely unqualified to do.

Only at Richmond would we promote a recruiting manager from within a failed recruiting department .

But it's all good because we have balme . A 64 year old ex player ( mate ) that has just been demoted from another clearly disfunctional football department . A bloke that knocked us back for 30 years but now , now he wants to come home . Give me a break .

It's like when we got Danny frawley to coach all over again . He coached the collingwood reserves to the wooden spoon . And that was good enough to land him the Richmond job .

We deserve better
Best post in the thread.Only fools would try to argue with it because it is full of cold hard facts.

and accusing others of "accepting mediocrity" is just silly, theres no one Richmond supporter that doesn't want to see a Richmond flag.
How about blind to the ills that havepervaded the club.
Sorry you can not see it for yourself but some of us have seen what is wrong for years.

At the end of the day after 7 yrs having achieved nothing at all we are back to where we started under wallace.
If you think its just a one year abberation say so, at the end of the day there is a track record to follow, and on field those track records are easily followed.
If you think those records are acceptable over such long time frames then again im sorry you are so blind to the facts and it would be pointless continuing any sort of debate.

What is certainly not good enough is the failure of anyone to put their hand up and take responsibility. If they can not even acknowledge what they have got wrong how can they be expected to fix them.
At some stage to move fwd they will have to take ownership of their actions.That does not mean hiding behind some sort of trumped up review.

How many of you actually expected a flag by now under Hardwick?
Worst list possibly ever, our shining lights retired, horrible facilities, debt to the eyeballs, no solid sponsors, shambolic board (more so than what you call this one), had to completely rebuild in a compromised draft meaning despite some poor recruiting we also missed some obvious gold, no recruiting team - they were a few part timers and no help from the AFL.

I mean sure, we have made some poor mistakes and let ourselves down in some areas but anyone expecting anything less from the first rise of the club was deluded...
If the next wave (a year or so, building off the foundations) doesn't succeed then I'm with you - but * we were miles and miles off it and it's still bloody hard to win.

Worst list possibly ever, our shining lights retired, horrible facilities, debt to the eyeballs, no solid sponsors, shambolic board (more so than what you call this one), had to completely rebuild in a compromised draft meaning despite some poor recruiting we also missed some obvious gold, no recruiting team - they were a few part timers and no help from the AFL.

I mean sure, we have made some poor mistakes and let ourselves down in some areas but anyone expecting anything less from the first rise of the club was deluded...
If the next wave (a year or so, building off the foundations) doesn't succeed then I'm with you - but **** we were miles and miles off it and it's still bloody hard to win.

i saw a thread from last year after our hawthorn win and everyone was thinking we would win the premiership, even Jonno brown thought we could... me personally I tipped we would at least make a prelim (not premiership) but jumped the gun myself... goes to show people always jump the gun way too much and don't really think things through as much as they believe they do.

Everyone jumped the gun after our hawks win last year, but I also beleive we are doing the same thing this year, except expecting the worst.

We weren't that good as we thought last year, but I don't believe we are as bad as we think now (despite what our performances suggests)

i saw a thread from last year after our hawthorn win and everyone was thinking we would win the premiership, even Jonno brown thought we could... me personally I tipped we would at least make a prelim (not premiership) but jumped the gun myself... goes to show people always jump the gun way too much and don't really think things through as much as they believe they do.

Everyone jumped the gun after our hawks win last year, but I also beleive we are doing the same thing this year, except expecting the worst.

We weren't that good as we thought last year, but I don't believe we are as bad as we think now (despite what our performances suggests)
I thought we would definitely be in the mix, starting the run of 3-4 finals series/Prelim losses by now, but not a flag.
But I'm not shocked we aren't either - BUT, we have the foundations some smart trading/recruiting could really push us up there.

I thought we would definitely be in the mix, starting the run of 3-4 finals series/Prelim losses by now, but not a flag.
But I'm not shocked we aren't either - BUT, we have the foundations some smart trading/recruiting could really push us up there.

I rewatched Dimmas interviews on how he believes we will make the finals next year etc, honestly he didn't sound convinced at all.

He has insinuated, as many people dont like to believe that our list isn't good enough and has even said "we have found out a lot about certain players" I honestly believe the club will begin to get smart, no more recycled goers, no more left of field draft picks.

but yeah smart recruiting and we will be back in there I think, but continue what we have been doing (including gameplan) we could very well finish bottom 4.

I don't think the club is that thick that they will persist with the game plan from this season.

Best post in the thread.Only fools would try to argue with it because it is full of cold hard facts.
Well cold hard opinions.
Every line begins with 'only at Richmond'.
That's an opinion. I agree with some of those opinions, but they're still opinions. Amazing that people still can't tell an opinion from a fact.

Well cold hard opinions.
Every line begins with 'only at Richmond'.
That's an opinion. I agree with some of those opinions, but they're still opinions. Amazing that people still can't tell an opinion from a fact.

Exactly. Even an idiot can see that FJ is not being "kept on". Just being handled with a bit of dignity.
So if that "fact" is actually bullshit how much of the rest is crap also?

Exactly. Even an idiot can see that FJ is not being "kept on". Just being handled with a bit of dignity.
So if that "fact" is actually bullshit how much of the rest is crap also?
Smooth transition of information to the 2ic occasionally through the year = Jackson recruiting, SACK HARDWICK!!

:$:$:$

I ask again, did you expect them to advertise the role of "Elite AFL Talent Scout/Recruiting Officer" on Seek?
I did expect that they would sound out 5 candidates and try to get them to interview so we could see what was out their and expose ourselves to some different thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what cracks me up. supporters inability to see for themselves that we have never had a good list THAT IS CAPABLE OF WINNING ANYTHING under Hardwick.
It is amusing when others think you hate for simply disagreeing and having an opposing opinion.We apparently hate because we dont rate the list or think we have achieved anything. It is laughable that people like you get so upset over nothing more than a differing opinion and appraisal and feel the need to label it as hate.
I actually feel sorry for you, the constant failures must mean those with unrealistic expectations and just plain dumb appraisals always overratting the players and f/d must kick you in the guts much harder than those of us who are realistic. Yes if you think we hate good for you. I think you are deluded and naieve. What other possible conclusion can i come to.
It really is sad that supporters are so emotionally attached they just cant see thru the spin and incompetence.It seems it is anathema for people to admit they have got so much wrong i dont get this manic need to defend what is in reality indefensible.

Is the list really the best its been i dont think so but that is just my opinion. Even if it is the best its been under DH , it is still nowhere near good enough so what are we debating here ? that its gone from very poor to just plain poor and that is after 7 whole yrs. In anyones language that is not good enough.

How does a bloke survive 12 yrs in charge of the most important area of a club in recruiting and go thru two entire rebuilds and we end up having to go thru another one and we dont have a thing to show for it.How do people defend that sort of thing and expect to be taken seriously.
How do people defend so many being so poor for so long and those who are supposed to keep an eye on things have no idea things are wrong.

People like throwing up the win/loss column and making finals as an example of success, which i have always argued means nothing in isolation.
well in 2013 we won 15 games if i use the win loss as a guide, then no the list is nowhere near what it was three years ago. No the bottom 10 are not currently better than the bottom 10 from three years ago.
Some people so invest themselves in the club they can't take any criticism directed at it, as it is a criticism of them and the choices they have made, likewise when the club wins they take it as vindication of all their choices. Never really understood this.

This is what cracks me up. supporters inability to see for themselves that we have never had a good list THAT IS CAPABLE OF WINNING ANYTHING under Hardwick.
It is amusing when others think you hate for simply disagreeing and having an opposing opinion.We apparently hate because we dont rate the list or think we have achieved anything. It is laughable that people like you get so upset over nothing more than a differing opinion and appraisal and feel the need to label it as hate.
I actually feel sorry for you, the constant failures must mean those with unrealistic expectations and just plain dumb appraisals always overratting the players and f/d must kick you in the guts much harder than those of us who are realistic. Yes if you think we hate good for you. I think you are deluded and naieve. What other possible conclusion can i come to.
It really is sad that supporters are so emotionally attached they just cant see thru the spin and incompetence.It seems it is anathema for people to admit they have got so much wrong i dont get this manic need to defend what is in reality indefensible.

Is the list really the best its been i dont think so but that is just my opinion. Even if it is the best its been under DH , it is still nowhere near good enough so what are we debating here ? that its gone from very poor to just plain poor and that is after 7 whole yrs. In anyones language that is not good enough.

How does a bloke survive 12 yrs in charge of the most important area of a club in recruiting and go thru two entire rebuilds and we end up having to go thru another one and we dont have a thing to show for it.How do people defend that sort of thing and expect to be taken seriously.
How do people defend so many being so poor for so long and those who are supposed to keep an eye on things have no idea things are wrong.

People like throwing up the win/loss column and making finals as an example of success, which i have always argued means nothing in isolation.
well in 2013 we won 15 games if i use the win loss as a guide, then no the list is nowhere near what it was three years ago. No the bottom 10 are not currently better than the bottom 10 from three years ago.
So is it a crap list that Dimma did well to get to 15 wins and sniffing top 4 or a good list that stupid Dimma ruined with his mates and nuffy game plan?

Some people so invest themselves in the club they can't take any criticism directed at it, as it is a criticism of them and the choices they have made, likewise when the club wins they take it as vindication of all their choices. Never really understood this.

Must think the club is just the president and/or the coach...and a few hero players
Yet can point the finger and are happy to slag off easy targets like young players willingly...And viciously

Last edited:
This isnt a dick measuring contest between who is the most desperate for success.

maybe some people are less desperate than others, and really what does that matter?? We are supporters, we aren't players, we aren't coaches, we aren't board members. We are just people, with normal lives who happen to support the club (and fun the club if you are a member). What much can we do really?

Yes I want success for the club, but at the end of the day, its not the end of the bloody world. Life goes on.

Did someone say dick measuring contest ?

If the next wave (a year or so, building off the foundations) doesn't succeed then I'm with you - but **** we were miles and miles off it and it's still bloody hard to win.

We e hit a flat spot. That flat spot between going on to become a contender. Bulldogs, Saints, and crashing back down. We haven't crashed yet. We're in stasis. Balme must now get in there, roll up his sleeves and give the Club a firm, ongoing direction. I'm hoping that's what will happen and this is the end of the beginning.

Hopefully the same will be done to DH.

Not in the short term pal. You've got two choices.
1) squeal for another 12 months, maybe more when the side improves
2) stick to the lower grades where you spend most of your time anyway.

Otherwise this Hardwick dynasty could do your head in.

I did expect that they would sound out 5 candidates and try to get them to interview so we could see what was out their and expose ourselves to some different thinking.
The question is how do we know they didn't? We have heard we enquired about Hine, but do we know of others? The point being is, it is assumed we didn't do this. Maybe none of the most highly rated recruiting managers are interesting in leaving their current jobs, so our 2ic gets the nod, maybe because of his ideas about what we need to do and the way to go about it. maybe his ideas are completed different than FJ?

So is it a crap list that Dimma did well to get to 15 wins and sniffing top 4 or a good list that stupid Dimma ruined with his mates and nuffy game plan?
That's a good question
And I'm not quite sure of the answer
I think our A graders played very well to get those 15 wins
But one indisputable fact is we have never had enough good ,solid ,dependable B graders
And that's were finals are won

IMO, a very average list that won a lot more games than they lost due to some real top end talent and admittedly the club getting the best out of those average players. But when the heat got turned up it wasn't going to be good enough. And this season having taken the rose tinted glasses off we saw that a lot of changes needed to be made and should be started at the top. Even if there was a finals win in there, I think a new coach is needed to freshen things up and to get things out of the comfort zone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back