News Review into racism at Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Was listening to Cold Chisel earlier.. you know.. working class man.. flame trees.. Jimmy makes reference to Uncle Sam.. Vietnam.. God.. factory out of workers.. etc..

I think we should just allow Brunswick st culture permeate every aspect of our lives.. and get these tracks banned on the radio..

Yes because understanding why Krakouer didn’t feel comfortable speaking out back then has nothing to do with doing better for the future.
The experts weren't chasing every instance, they didnt need to when concluding that the response and support provided had historically been inadequate.

Would specific detail of Krak copping a horrible joke change any of the 18 recommendations?

People can run with whatever agenda they want, but it was never about isolated incidents.

I believe Leon and Krak are saying they haven’t been contacted about report findings.
Given Chris Egan was interviewed, I think it’s a fair bet Leon and Krak were too.
Then again, I may have misunderstood.

Reckon you guys need to dissociate yourselves from 'ol 'Joffa' after his latest mare. The club itself has come out and made a point of it, but I reckon the supporters themselves need to be involved in changing the mentality of the culture - as I highly doubt this idiot represents the majority of you and your views

Reckon you guys need to dissociate yourselves from 'ol 'Joffa' after his latest mare. The club itself has come out and made a point of it, but I reckon the supporters themselves need to be involved in changing the mentality of the culture - as I highly doubt this idiot represents the majority of you and your views

Joffa is a larger than life person.
His work for charity organisations is to be applauded.
But this tweet should see him banned from CFC.
If we are serious about this whole anti racism thing.
If an attendee of a game at the G shouted a racial slur over the fence, he/she would be ejected, the club (any club) would investigate and ban the individual from membership.
Joffa is no bigger than any fan at the footy.

Are we talking about this yet?
A lot of people need to modify their views now.
For me, Buckley absolutely reinforces the respect in which he is generally held in that interview.

Impressive that he has the wisdom and courage to admit that he has made mistakes in the past, and indicate that he intends to do better going forward. An intelligent, articulate leader and an excellent communicator: no wonder he's a successful AFL senior coach.

I'm sure the handful of Buckley-haters on this board will ridicule and try to lampoon Buckley over these published reflections - perhaps his comments have given HL some ammunition for his day in court, I don't know?

It will be interesting to predict HLs response to Buckley's reflections. My prediction: HL will say it's too little, too late from the racist leaders of our club, and "I want my day day in court (and payout)" He won't actually say the bit in quotes, but that's what he'll mean.

He‘s not currently a member, according to this tweet.
I presume he was when he was the face of Collingwood supporters, but apparently lives in Fiji now.

Last edited:
What part of my post above do you disagree with Jerry? Buckley having intelligence, wisdom and courage? My prediction about HL's likely response? Or is it because it doesn't fit your "the club is a rabble and we need a broom from the coach down" narrative?

I believe Leon and Krak are saying they haven’t been contacted about report findings.
Given Chris Egan was interviewed, I think it’s a fair bet Leon and Krak were too.
Then again, I may have misunderstood.
Ultimately, it doesn't really matter who they spoke to. What matters is whether their findings were accurate. I don't think anyone is really doubting the findings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, Buckley absolutely reinforces the respect in which he is generally held in that interview.

Impressive that he has the wisdom and courage to admit that he has made mistakes in the past, and indicate that he intends to do better going forward. An intelligent, articulate leader and an excellent communicator: no wonder he's a successful AFL senior coach.

I'm sure the handful of Buckley-haters on this board will ridicule and try to lampoon Buckley over these published reflections - perhaps his comments have given HL some ammunition for his day in court, I don't know?

It will be interesting to predict HLs response to Buckley's reflections. My prediction: HL will say it's too little, too late from the racist leaders of our club, and "I want my day day in court (and payout)" He won't actually say the bit in quotes, but that's what he'll mean.
Bucks is in damage control mode. The reality is that he went further than being dismissive, he insinuated mental health issues.

That's not to say that HL has been justified in his accusations or response. I personally don't think he is, but Buckleys comments were worse than he's letting on in this piece.

Not defending Joffa but have you guys disassociated yourselves from Gary Ablett snr?

Wham bam I am a man.. get that track off the radio as well.. what constitutes a man these days? Ban it.

Can I say I find Dua Lipa far more attractive than Magda Szubanski?

When do you draw the line.
The line. If you find Magda more attractive, you've crossed it.

Joffa is a larger than life person.
His work for charity organisations is to be applauded.
But this tweet should see him banned from CFC.
If we are serious about this whole anti racism thing.
If an attendee of a game at the G shouted a racial slur over the fence, he/she would be ejected, the club (any club) would investigate and ban the individual from membership.
Joffa is no bigger than any fan at the footy.
I agree.
Joffa is a racist. All references to him at the club must be deleted. Take his framed gold jacket and turf it into the Yarra.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter who they spoke to. What matters is whether their findings were accurate. I don't think anyone is really doubting the findings.

My read on it based on posts in this thread is that many do doubt the findings and veracity of the report.

From his tweet it seems he doesn’t care for Indian people, if he’s in Fiji he’s in the wrong place. Fiji has quite a large Indian population

He's living in QLD now. He was in Fiji though. His Fijian connection is with Polynesian Fijians. There's no love lost between the native population and the Indian population there, could be influencing his view.

What I find astonishing is that such a 'superfan' ditches his membership as soon as he moves away from Melbourne. Seems it was all about Joffa after all really.

What part of my post above do you disagree with Jerry? Buckley having intelligence, wisdom and courage? My prediction about HL's likely response? Or is it because it doesn't fit your "the club is a rabble and we need a broom from the coach down" narrative?

buckley has been part of the issue for 25 plus years. Sorry im not seeing any intelligence, wisdom and see the opposite of courage. it would of taken a lot more courage to speak out months ago, not wait for ed to leave and finally have a "press conference". everything is so manufactured with this "club"

The collingwood football club is a complete now boys club, and is no longer interested in anything more than making money.

when they contacted me a few weeks ago after sticking with them last year and not asking for a cent back in membership to see if i wanted this years membership cap so they could save even more money, after i paid over $500 last year for nothing,to support the club i said enough is enough. im done

they exist for money only now.nothing more. it breaks my heart

Last edited:
My read on it based on posts in this thread is that many do doubt the findings and veracity of the report.
Im not sure how anybody can doubt any of the findings if they have bothered to actually read the scope and methodology of the investigstion.

It was always going to find that support and processes in place were inadequate....people want evidence and examples, but that was never the point of the report.

The collingwood football club is a complete now boys club, and is no longer interested in anything more than making money.
Football clubs have always been boys clubs since day dot...champion players become coaches, board members etc.

It would be great if the Collingwwod football club focussed on producing a great AFL team again.

Eddie's farewell speech detailed all the amazing things Collingwood does in the community, niw has netball, wheelchair and a number of other sporting teams too...that stuff is great...but we lost our way as a club when Eddie/the board were more worried about that stuff instead of simply doing everything possible to support our AFL team win a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back