Review of the football department

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are going for a politician it should be the unemployed Tony " I'd rather be a loser than a quitter" Abbott.
We are seeking a coach who would "rather be a loser". FMD we have one already.

If he was unemcumbered by his links to Hawthorn, I'd love to see Jason Dunstall involved.

... and, jumping ahead to the outcomes, to see the likes of Brian Cook and Neil Balme at North.

Maybe Bill Shorten Consultancy will be looking for work. Get him in to do the review.
We don't need a loser looking into why we're losing.

We need someone with with football smarts and a winning track record.

If he was unemcumbered by his links to Hawthorn, I'd love to see Jason Dunstall involved.
Dunstall is too much of a media person.
Cook well his a mate of Eugene Arocca maybe we get Arocca as part of a new board we may get Cook.
Balme won't leave footballs version of paradise in Richmond to come to footballs version of Devils Island in North
... and, jumping ahead to the outcomes, to see the likes of Brian Cook and Neil Balme at North.

Remember the rumor going around a few weeks back about Longmire coming to North next season? I laughed it off initially, but when you think about it, given that he and Buckley used to be teammates, and the fact Buckley lives in Sydney, wouldn't surprise me if they had a few informal chats. Given where Sydney is at, it may well be Longmire's thinking that it's time to move in, or he may have got a word from their board that they would be open to such a possibility...
Yes, what we really meed now is someone who is matey with the board....

Yes the board met last week but I'm unsure what was on the agenda.

This will be happening if it hasn't already started, Saturday nights result has been viewed as a disaster which is 100% on the money.
Yes a Disaster because we lost in Tasmania. Stupid *ers. :stern look

Yeah not the way I was reading it,more we lost to another **** side and why did we get Hall,Tyson, Campbell? The new recruits .... "haven't worked".
So who is gonna pay a price for the recruitment of those guys NN? Whisper, Whisper, What have you got? :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we weren't all that upset with the Freo loss of 80 odd points in Round 1; we weren't that upset with the GF loss of 50 odd points ....BUT a 5 point loss in the first game in Tassie - well that is completely unacceptable and something must be done about it now!!

And to think that our Board and senior management have the nerve to reject someone on the basis of a 'skills matrix'.

I'd like to hear more about an alternative Board ticket that was spoken about a few weeks back - we are now desperate for fresh faces on the board and senior management - as much so as the need for a new coach.

So we weren't all that upset with the Freo loss of 80 odd points in Round 1; we weren't that upset with the GF loss of 50 odd points ....BUT a 5 point loss in the first game in Tassie - well that is completely unacceptable and something must be done about it now!!

Its their fault for huffing their own farts and believing things weren't fishy by Round 1 and thinking there was only a time to raise questions by Round 5.

Yeah not the way I was reading it,more we lost to another **** side and why did we get Hall,Tyson, Campbell? The new recruits .... "haven't worked".

Didn't they basically come free as depth? That was why we got them.

Yes, what we really meed now is someone who is matey with the board....
I just want change, and if that means putting up with some aspects we don't like, I'd still take it. The odds are Scott will find the way to win some games in the run home and will still be here next season.

I supported recruiting Campbell and I still do.

But he shouldn't have played unless Goldy, Xerri and whoever else could ruck were all injured, and certainly not as a forward.

Same. I also don't have huge issues with Hall or Tyson. Hall I think should be in the team (barring personal issues) and Tyson is decent cover for the price (obviously ignoring whether we would want to keep Preuss or not, I did, the club obviously had differing opinions and I wouldn't necessarily want to keep him for a huge $$$ increase). I don't think there were massive issues with our drafting last year given we also brought in Thomas, Scott and a couple of other young blokes. If I was pushed though, I'd have quite happily only taken one of those 3 and drafted with the others.

Didn't they basically come free as depth? That was why we got them.

Something for free is ok, not sure it's a solid business plan for a professional football club or one that purports to be professional, which I suggest we currently are not.

We cannot find space for Ahern, LDU and *Scott. Yeah we'll take Tyson will be a great back up, for the backups backup. Campbell is fine I get it. Polec and Pittard are now very questionable due to us being a bottom four outfit.

* we knew he'd nominate us.

Same. I also don't have huge issues with Hall or Tyson. Hall I think should be in the team (barring personal issues) and Tyson is decent cover for the price (obviously ignoring whether we would want to keep Preuss or not, I did, the club obviously had differing opinions and I wouldn't necessarily want to keep him for a huge $$$ increase). I don't think there were massive issues with our drafting last year given we also brought in Thomas, Scott and a couple of other young blokes. If I was pushed though, I'd have quite happily only taken one of those 3 and drafted with the others.
I thought Preuss had too much currency to be running around in the VFL, but somehow we sent him and a pick to Melbourne for someone who, at best, was only ever going to be about our 15th best midfielder. Still shake my head about that one.

Something for free is ok, not sure it's a solid business plan for a professional football club or one that purports to be professional, which I suggest we currently are not.

We cannot find space for Ahern, LDU and *Scott. Yeah we'll take Tyson will be a great back up, for the backups backup. Campbell is fine I get it. Polec and Pittard are now very questionable due to us being a bottom four outfit.

* we knew he'd nominate us.
I thought it was more about age profile..
We’d completely messed up the last few drafts and had a gapping hole in the 22-29 age group.
If we had a normal coach we’d be rotating players in and out and it wouldnt be a problem.

Folks I haven’t been on for a few days as I’ve been celebrating a Coalition victory.

My mother can sleep peacefully now knowing her self funded retirement investments will not be taxed by labour.

My brother who has been a Labour voter all his life until this election is happy, as he won’t have to worry about gender quotas In his line of work, and having a less qualified person taking over his job.

I’m happy as I can now look to negatively gear another house.

However, my neighbour is very upset. He hasn’t worked a day in his life and won’t get a newstart allowance increase. Seems to have enough money for alcohol, beer and marijuana though.

I Posted the below in another thread but this might be a more appropriate place to post it.

Just want to catch up without having to read through the whole thread.

My two questions area:-

1. Has BS been sacked yet?

2. Is Laura Kane still Head of Football and player development?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So no external people involved in the review? Dafuq?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back