Review of the football department

Remove this Banner Ad

Is one happening? Has it been confirmed?

Thread to add in details as they emerge and are proven.

At this stage there's a tweet by Tom Browne that was, I believe, deleted.

Yeah Tom Browne mentioned it on Talking Footy last night.

Think we should be asking questions why he removed the tweet. Did whoever leak it to him want things to be more ordered/weren't ready?

received_425799447983830.png

Sorry for the cynicism, but gee I doubt they'll be independent.

Think we should be asking questions why he removed the tweet. Did whoever leak it to him want things to be more ordered/weren't ready?

View attachment 669798

Might be the announcement isn't happening yet.

Also doubt it'll be independent if they're just pretending to seem like something is happening.

View attachment 669798

Has all the hallmarks of a classic review set up to achieve a pre-determined outcome.

View attachment 669798

Removed due to crimes against the English language.

Removed due to crimes against the English language.

Even with that in mind - where is the media release from the club? Transparency? I think as paying members we deserve that at absolute minimum.

I’m fine to wait until hey have a proper announcement - scope, timing, who is doing the review, who they report to, all the relevant details.

Agree. Let's wait for the proper announcement with all the relevant details - then tear shreds off the club for continuing to stick their heads in the sand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with that in mind - where is the media release from the club? Transparency? I think as paying members we deserve that at absolute minimum.
His Talking Footy piece said the board meeting was next week, where it would presumably be approved. Not sure if true.

Countdown to Joyce sacked

Everyone blaming Joyce is missing the point. It's much more systemic than *one culprit*.

If everyone has this thinking, they can pull a massive fast one on everyone.

Seems to me that what the club needs to find is somebody who:

a) Has impeccable and up-to-date knowledge about the football industry
b) Understands the importance of 'soft skills' in conducting a thorough, department-wide review
c) Possesses experience in change management and consultancy
d) Is guaranteed to place the the blame squarely at the feet of Brads Scotts

The only question is where to find such a person. Is there a section on gumtree for this kind of thing? If not, there should be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back