Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Scott isn't going to "coach out" a contract if he's not going to be extended. The exit will be managed at the end of this season.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I've heard they're fairly tight and while I don't necessarily feel my friend would know how they're travelling internally- Who's going to cover the walls with blood?

Are we saying Buckley is going to do it?

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I've heard they're fairly tight and while I don't necessarily feel my friend would know how they're travelling internally- Who's going to cover the walls with blood?

Are we saying Buckley is going to do it?

If it needs to be done then someone needs do it. What are they scared of succeeding?

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If it needs to be done then someone needs do it. What are they scared of succeeding?

Yeah not sure they're scared of success, more so scared someone may just figure out they're out of their depth. And they could all jeopardise fairly well paid jobs with no real expectation of success from each other.

Scott isn't going to "coach out" a contract if he's not going to be extended. The exit will be managed at the end of this season.
He will if he doesn't have another offer. If North don't offer an extension by end of this season he may resign - better option for us.

Both should be gone not just 1

While I agree, at this point I'll take any movement as progress.

I do doubt that we've concluded any sort of review yet and been able to do it properly.

I know Joyce is flavour of the month to hack into on here (I am nowhere near close enough to comment) but this is a massive cop out if true. Where is the accountability for:
- A coach of ten years that can't get just about the most experienced list in the AFL to perform
- A football department that can't seem to plan for basic structural components to be in place from the start of the year (ie. Brown as single KPF with a one year JZ forward as assistance alongside a guy in Wood who has a history of flaky body and flaky physical commitment)
- A board that has allowed and enable the above, along with, according to hearsay, stated that Brad is a good coach because he got a poor team to 2 prelims. I can't even begin to comprehend the mental gymnastics that allows this as an excuse.

that Brad is a good coach because he got a poor team to 2 prelims.

A team that contained multiple life members.

At least 3 blokes who will be in the North HOF and one that is going to be a legend of the club.

Poor team is a hugely insulting thing to call that team.

I know Joyce is flavour of the month to hack into on here (I am nowhere near close enough to comment) but this is a massive cop out if true. Where is the accountability for:
- A coach of ten years that can't get just about the most experienced list in the AFL to perform
- A football department that can't seem to plan for basic structural components to be in place from the start of the year (ie. Brown as single KPF with a one year JZ forward as assistance alongside a guy in Wood who has a history of flaky body and flaky physical commitment)
- A board that has allowed and enable the above, along with, according to hearsay, stated that Brad is a good coach because he got a poor team to 2 prelims. I can't even begin to comprehend the mental gymnastics that allows this as an excuse.
No argument from me - but Joyce has driven many years of recruiting that most judges would say have been very ordinary.

No argument from me - but Joyce has driven many years of recruiting that most judges would say have been very ordinary.

I get that - and like I said, I wouldn't have the first clue about judging him on his role - but what I do judge is the team as a whole and even if he is a big part of the the issue. They put him in that role, in fact promoted him into that role from what I understand. Where's the accountability if he is a big part of the issue? Like putting a draft horse in the Melbourne Cup and then sending it to the knackery when it runs last like it's the horses fault...

Scott says character is at the top of the list when looking at players to draft. Not football skills, not athleticism, not ability to find the ball....f'ing character.

This is not a dig at Taylor, I only saw the first half and he looked ok, its a dig at the ethos of our Football Department.

An ex teacher of Scott told me he was a right brat at school. He's so fricking hypocritical.

Scott says character is at the top of the list when looking at players to draft. Not football skills, not athleticism, not ability to find the ball....f'ing character.

This is not a dig at Taylor, I only saw the first half and he looked ok, its a dig at the ethos of our Football Department.

An ex teacher of Scott told me he was a right brat at school. He's so fricking hypocritical.
I remember someone saying that Brads doin his best to undo his earlier life so to speak. Hated who he was so now he's reformed from that, desparate for everyone to know.

As far as character goes, as long as you're not one to drag a whole team down with how s**t you are as a bloke then who gives a s**t about character? And those guys are rare anyway. Most just wide eyed school kids so pick the ones who can play and discipline when needed.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Was speaking to a couple of his allumni at St Kevs, ( during an uber shift ) and they recall fondly Bard pinning a teacher against the lockers

They were the St Kevin’s Kray Brothers

In fairness that was just to prise back the Domain liftout the teacher had confiscated from Brad during class.

The concern is the could lead to offence condition, every one of my posts could lead to offence... :stern look

Enjoy me while i last lol.
I'm worried that mine might lead to sexual gratification!

:sterner look:

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would be interesting to see what brad and Joyce do if both gone

Would brad go back to assistant coaching for another club?

Joyce I doubt gets a gig anywhere

Reckon you're wrong

1557824874019.png

Back