Review Review Port v Richmond - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

well I've booked a room and planned on taking my two grandy's to watch the GWS game their first trip to an AFL match it's 5hrs one way and looking at probs $400 all up ???? if I got two flu shots would I get tooo sick to go ??

so happy i made the decision to not watch this game. I looked on the AFL app occasionally to see the scores and that was it

Knew we would be s**t today and lose easily.

I feel calm and relaxed having not watched it. I recommend it to everyone
Touche. Went out for a long lunch. Didn't even look at the score. Lovely arvo.

1. Sack Ken. Now.
2. Appoint Schoey for now, interview him and others.
3. Play Garner and Frampton when available for the rest of the year.
4. Dont play anyone who is literally no chance of being in our next premiership side. Motlop, sutcliffe and probably unfortunately the hoff
5. Trade Wines and Ryder. Possibly others, but at least them. I have no axe to grind in any way with either, but ryder has lost his spot with ladhams and hayes waiting and i dont think the wider afl world has cottoned on to wines being a bog standard afl player.

At least just give us some sort of hope that one day something might get better.
Im ok with going to the footy expecting to lose but seeing a gameplan and young players develop. I dont want to watch directionless dross anymore

Amon, Boak and DBJ all can walk off content with their game. Butters had his moments although needs to find some penetration in his kick. Duursma runs all day. Everyone else completely outplayed by a better team. Hopefully we will one day see Riley Bonner in a one on one contest with Caleb Daniel, I know who id be backing 100 times out of 100.

I know he has a lot of fans on this board who seem to make a lot of excuses for him, but if Port can get a first round pick, or can use him in a package to get a position of need, I would trade SPP in a heartbeat.

Midfielders who can't find the footy, can't go forward, can't handball and are fumbly and panic under pressure shouldn't be too difficult to replace.

He's obviously not our major problem but I'm always surprised with just how high regard he is held by many on here. Seriously average footballer.

I also fear this could be the end of the Cameron Sutcliffe era. Farewell we hardly knew ye.
I would also trade SPP. He's not going to improve his skill level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you imagine if back in the day ports were just going through the motions, leading south or west at Alberton by a few goals when some south kid in his 12 or so game kicks a simple goal in front of the members stand and turns around and gives the crowd a fking bow and arrow...
How would the crowd react.
How would Leslie, Phillips, fiacci, granger etc react.
How would Jack or Fos react at the break.
How would the team respond...

You don't give you opponents that ammo, especially when they are clearly a better stronger, more physical team.

We were in the game, Richmond then lifted, kicked the next 3 goals...

Duursma is by a long way the best of our first year players, tough, hard, courageous, physical. Plays the way a true port adelaide player should... But put it away, save it until the right time. You don't give your opponents the spark to lift them.

Karl deserves kudos for a great game today. Probably his best ever. Hes getting more and more consistent every week.

DBJ was alright. Boak and Robbie were ok. Duursma very good. Thought Zac was in for a big one but went out of it.

yeh we played poorly despite them being a different class,

kicking for goal and deliveries into 50 awful

beaten by a far better team

was a really meh, boring game to watch

You guys shouldn't be too upset. At least you were beaten by a better team. Not like us.

Take a look at our mediocrity (ladder finishes)

View attachment 712023

How many more years do we put up with this? We have an ordinary coach, an ordinary list and perpetually 3 years away from a premiership window for over a decade
Not sure where this came from but it's wrong. We finished 5th in 2013, 3rd in 2014 and 7th in 2017.

So we've gone under Hinkley
5th
3rd
9th
10th
7th
10th

And now realistically we'll be between 9th to 13th.

This has been one of the most depressing and disappointing eras of being a port supporter ever. So much potential but just no results.

Why are we racking up inevitable losses like this while Marshall, Ladhams, Drew, Atley and others are at the Magpies?

This is like Choco 08/09, pumping games into the Thomases, Logans, Thurstanses and Brett Eberts while much-needed youth prospects play SNAFFLE.

Sutcliffe wasn't even on our list until midseason but we had a plodder quota to fill in our best 22.

Not sure where this came from but it's wrong. We finished 5th in 2013, 3rd in 2014 and 7th in 2017.

So we've gone under Hinkley
5th
3rd
9th
10th
7th
10th

And now realistically we'll be between 9th to 13th.

This has been one of the most depressing and disappointing eras of being a port supporter ever. So much potential but just no results.

I think the ladder is end of regular season (not position after finals)

Ladder shows we have never had a consistent season under Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back