Review Review Port v Richmond - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Listened to the game on 5AA, great commentary by Ginever and Tredders.
Won't watch it, forgot to tape it. No great surprise that they smashed us today.

Giants belted Collingwood today, I think we are in for some serious tailspin.

Ah well, looking forward to watching the maggies tomorrow.
Its strange that the maggies is the only game I care about watching now.

Guess I'm not a true believer.

Or maybe the total destruction of every tradition held dear by this once great club is what tipped me over the edge.
Whatever.

Duursma is our best first year player by a very long way.
rozee and butters have more talent but duursma is heart and soul type who will perform every week reckon he’s a chance to be captain in a few years

i love you
I love you too and thanks to your name I’m also hungry campaigner

What's new huh?

Some insanely bad decisions by guys who should know better, some insanely bad skills by guys that should be better, some insanely bad selections by a group that should have more courage and foresight and some insanely predictable outcomes.

Shout out to Karl Amon. Your turn around has been outstanding and apart from a couple of sloppy moments looked and played like a top level mid.

Tired of writing the usual crap that is really nothing more than rinse and repeat after every loss but the most staggering thing is just how wrong, how anti-winning and how bad Hinkley's philosophy on footy is and just how bad his gameplan is. How you manage to breed panic and lack of composure in to guys is something I don't think I have ever seen at this level.

We are a B/B+ team playing like a C grade team guided by a D grade coach.

It's tiresome supporting Port now.

Listened to the game on 5AA, great commentary by Ginever and Tredders.
Won't watch it, forgot to tape it. No great surprise that they smashed us today.

Giants belted Collingwood today, I think we are in for some serious tailspin.

Ah well, looking forward to watching the maggies tomorrow.
Its strange that the maggies is the only game I care about watching now.

Guess I'm not a true believer.

Or maybe the total destruction of every tradition held dear by this once great club is what tipped me over the edge.
Whatever.

Yes I enjoyed Their commentary I wish somehow Tredders could help out our forwards in a coaching role particularly for Dixon.
Must be hard for them to watch port become the soft mediocre team (club) we are becoming.

Not sure where this came from but it's wrong. We finished 5th in 2013, 3rd in 2014 and 7th in 2017.

So we've gone under Hinkley
5th
3rd
9th
10th
7th
10th

And now realistically we'll be between 9th to 13th.

This has been one of the most depressing and disappointing eras of being a port supporter ever. So much potential but just no results.

I was frustrated at the end of the Williams era, rolling the dice on an ageing list ahead of the compromised drafts. Essentially setting up the club for a decade of rot and ruin.

Then despair at the Primus era, taking over a s**t squad with no hope of rebuilding. Worse, off the field, we had tarps and almost no future.

Ken took over and it felt like we had turned the corner. We decided fitness was the competitive advantage..........and it nearly worked. Sadly though it burnt out the players, evidenced by boak's and other being flat for years.

Ken II, just when I thought we were getting close to having a flag tilt we brought in so many old guys and limp dicks. Watts, Motlop, McKenzie, Trengove, Toumpass, Barry, Thomas, Eddy and Rockcliff have simply not paid dividends. Worse we have seen guys like Wingard shown the door and pushing guys like SPP backwards.

In short we have set ourselves up to fail under Choco and done everything within our control to ensure failure since.

PS. RussellEbertHandball should be engaged by the club. One of the most impressive guys I know!

Yes I enjoyed Their commentary I wish somehow Tredders could help out our forwards in a coaching role particularly for Dixon.
Must be hard for them to watch port become the soft mediocre team (club) we are becoming.

It was really interesting, the comments about Dixon and how he always ends up too far under the ball, the bit when Tredders said that Richmond has a forward structure and we don't and the comments Ginever made when Port players made mistakes.

I kept wondering how we would go if Tredders and Tim were the Port coaches, Tredders commentary in particular made me think he understood the game as well as anyone, but I keep forgetting that we are an AFL managed club now and being old school Port is irrelevant as long as people keep paying their memberships.

Did the ladder predictor yesterday and had us 9th while doing WLWLWL for the rest of the season.

Now if we lose the last 5 we could end up 14th and have a top 5 draft pick.
My prediction at the start off the year. Ha, probs won't be far off. That's how much faith I had in Hinkley.

I just wanted to point out the ridiculousness of the umpiring in regards to Houston’s injury, which will probably get lost in that shitshow of a performance.

In a competition which is apparently proactive in protecting against head injuries, how is it a player is tackled with a dangerous tackle, then called holding the ball against while lying motionless, requiring Dixon to stand the mark while trying to check on him and play just carries on around him? It’s disgraceful that the umpire didn’t stop play, and makes a mockery of the AFLs token effort towards protecting players against head injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I’m not even that upset. Richmond did what they should today and what they would have done to literally every other team. We looked okay in patches, but we were never winning that. Richmond basically have no injuries other than Rance and have been smashing everyone lately.
Not having to travel from Melbourne more than 3 times in the past 13 rounds is also nice. Furthermore they play the next 5 at home. They are probably the premiership favourites right now.
We all knew we were gonna lose and we did. Let’s move on. It wasn’t as embarrassing as some of the other games.
There has been many losses this year that has left me furious, this is not one of them.

In regards to changes, it’s pretty obvious. Bonner, Motlop and Sutcliffe need to go out. Surely with all our “depth”, we have tougher players than them.

With all that being said, I’m still very much on the sack Hinkley band wagon.

It was really interesting, the comments about Dixon and how he always ends up too far under the ball, the bit when Tredders said that Richmond has a forward structure and we don't and the comments Ginever made when Port players made mistakes.

I kept wondering how we would go if Tredders and Tim were the Port coaches, Tredders commentary in particular made me think he understood the game as well as anyone, but I keep forgetting that we are an AFL managed club now and being old school Port is irrelevant as long as people keep paying their memberships.

Not to mention the fact they are both totally opposed to the co captains garbage.

I think we should all aspire to be as emotionally checked out as our coach, Zen Hinkley.

View attachment 712044
It has only just occurred to me that ISC stands for Incompetent Senior Coach, but the arrowhead is pointing in the wrong direction.

We exist to find rare quirky AFL rules to get penalized all the time. Still can't get over that Westhoff penalty
But nah it's westhoffs fault lol.

You ever heard ken Hinkley fault the AFL for anything? Even when we were cheated out of a final that the umpires apologised for in 2017 he thought it was fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back